JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What I would consider a very informal poll, but interesting none-the-less.

A recent NBC poll shows current ownership levels at 52% of households responded that they or someone within their home owns a firearm. Nearly a 10 point increase over the past decade among both red... and blue respondents. Somewhat blowing up the narrative by the anti's that Americans are overwhelmingly against firearm ownership, hu.

For public consumption it's nice to see the tipping point over the 50% line, but it's always in the back of my mind, "if they only knew..." just how many households that own and will never respond in the affirmative to some random media sponsored poll.

(Click'er to enbig'er)
1700778703629.png

Well it seems that most criminals will know that about two thirds of democratic households are good to go for a quick home invasion thanks to these polls.

A recent NBC poll shows current ownership levels at 52% of households responded that they or someone within their home owns a firearm. Nearly a 10 point increase over the past decade among both red... and blue respondents. Somewhat blowing up the narrative by the anti's that Americans are overwhelmingly against firearm ownership, hu.

For public consumption it's nice to see the tipping point over the 50% line, but it's always in the back of my mind, "if they only knew..." just how many households that own and will never respond in the affirmative to some random media sponsored poll.

(Click'er to enbig'er)
View attachment 1768347
Kinda a side note, but having a telephone for over 40 years, i have never been called to take part in a poll. If i was called i definately would deny owning a firearm, but wonder, who is NBC calling?

Kinda a side note, but having a telephone for over 40 years, i have never been called to take part in a poll. If i was called i definately would deny owning a firearm, but wonder, who is NBC calling?
Same here, never been called for a poll like this, but if they ever do call me and ask if I own a gun, my response would be, "How many dildos do you own?"

We have also apparently hit the half billion mark on gun ownership.

WOLVERINES!

Read more:

Including the October sales, it brings the total gun sales in 2023 to 12.01 million. Correcting for firearms sales already part of the private stock that leaves us with 10.4 million private firearms added in 2023. The estimate of the private stock at the end of 2022 was 490 million firearms.

As of October, the United States has about 500 million privately owned firearms, or a privately owned firearms stock of half a billion.

(Click'er to enbig'er)
View attachment 1768347
Can't stop the signal!!

Same here, never been called for a poll like this, but if they ever do call me and ask if I own a gun, my response would be, "How many dildos do you own?"
Judge Karen Immergut would still rule they aren't used for self-gratification and declare they have no Constitutional coverage….

I have been saying for a while that the party who loves criminal scum and hates guns is helping us. As more people either become victims or see it close to them? More of them are deciding they want to own a gun. Many of them will still of course vote for the same party but, its a start. My informal poll is last two times I have bought a gun in the last month meant 2 trips to a shop each. All 4 times the place (two different shops) was hopping busy.

I have been saying for a while that the party who loves criminal scum and hates guns is helping us. As more people either become victims or see it close to them? More of them are deciding they want to own a gun. Many of them will still of course vote for the same party but, its a start. My informal poll is last two times I have bought a gun in the last month meant 2 trips to a shop each. All 4 times the place (two different shops) was hopping busy.
Their policies are making them look bad but I think the percentage of people seeing the violence and deciding to own a gun is a small percentage. I think the majority of the panic buyers have been gun owners getting those bucket list guns and to a lesser extent new gun owners who realized too late what they voted for.

The NBC News poll was conducted Nov. 10-14 and surveyed 1,000 registered voters — 833 by cellphone — and it has an overall margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
How does 1000 people represent 330M people?

Their policies are making them look bad but I think the percentage of people seeing the violence and deciding to own a gun is a small percentage. I think the majority of the panic buyers have been gun owners getting those bucket list guns and to a lesser extent new gun owners who realized too late what they voted for.
If true even better. More victims. We need a LOT more victims. The only way this will change is if a LOT more pain is felt. So I do hope you are right. Those who are armed will not help. Those who are not? They will help create that pain we need more of to wake people up. In either case the gun sellers up my way are sure as hell enjoying this.

How does 1000 people represent 330M people?
Where did you get the impression that it's supposed to... from an NBC news poll... and...
What I would consider a very informal poll
?? 🤔

It's kind of interesting as a comparison against their same previous poll in years prior, but it's just for kicks and not a CDC census, FBI database or research institute study.

I get polled often. The last time was 4 days ago. I always presumed it was due to the amount of correspondence I send to representatives. It certainly leads to plenty of political mail from politicians. Especially WA politicians, though I haven't been a registered voter there for 3 years.

If true even better. More victims. We need a LOT more victims. The only way this will change is if a LOT more pain is felt. So I do hope you are right. Those who are armed will not help. Those who are not? They will help create that pain we need more of to wake people up. In either case the gun sellers up my way are sure as hell enjoying this.
the only thing that drives gun control is violent crime, we need less victims.

the only thing that drives gun control is violent crime, we need less victims.
Sadly the ONLY thing that makes people who vote for this change, and those who do not bother to vote change, is pain. We have been fat and happy for too damn long here. If enough people feel enough pain? It will make them stop and think about life choices like voting. Hell I wish it was not like this but, human nature does not change. Those of us who are armed? We have a FAR greater chance of not being yet another victim of how so many vote. I would love to live in a world where crime was rare but, don't see it happening anytime soon. :(

If enough people feel enough pain? It will make them stop and think about life choices like voting.
Too many people are complacent on both sides of the fence. But only one side expects the govt to make them feel safe.
Not disagreeing with you, though I dont have confidence in liberals voting for change when currently their policies protect the criminals more than the victims.

NBC, and anyone else involved in polling, can only telephone folks who (1) do not have a Call Blocker of some sort, and (2) folks who are willing to answer calls from unknown numbers.

Too many people are complacent on both sides of the fence. But only one side expects the govt to make them feel safe.
Not disagreeing with you, though I dont have confidence in liberals voting for change when currently their policies protect the criminals more than the victims.
I know it seems uphill to say the least. Not sure how long you have been around. I watched a GOP guy win 49 states for POTUS in my time voting over this. Same thing with NY City when it finally got bad enough to stop electing the idiots they had for decades. Pain is a great motivator and sadly its all we have. There is no other "fix" for this. Meanwhile the rest of us have to do the best we can or move. :(

I know it seems uphill to say the least. Not sure how long you have been around. I watched a GOP guy win 49 states for POTUS in my time voting over this. Same thing with NY City when it finally got bad enough to stop electing the idiots they had for decades. Pain is a great motivator and sadly its all we have. There is no other "fix" for this. Meanwhile the rest of us have to do the best we can or move. :(
This is how bad it is here in Oregon and why Ive lost any confidence humanity has a chance. over 30,000 Oregonians support banning all meat production and animal control. They will not stop until they control every aspect of other peoples lifestyles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top