JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

1-5-states-with-highest-and-lowest-gun-ownership.png

The actual numbers are probably much higher given that many gun owners would rather not tell the callers they own guns.
I think these are government reports of weapons sales. Since every commercial manufacturer must be registered with the government and track their production I think the only thing missed in these reports is home manufacture.

I think these are government reports of weapons sales. Since every commercial manufacturer must be registered with the government and track their production I think the only thing missed in these reports is home manufacture.
Estimates. Also..

See the words registered weapons?

Since officially there is no "national registry" of non-NFA firearms, we must assume that the numbers are for NFA items including silencers/suppressors. Also, there are FFL SOTs, LEO agencies with NFA items registered. These numbers could include LEO NFA weaponry.

Edit. Again, depending on how they get the stats and info, I'd wager that there is a bigger number of firearms in the US, legal, illegal, registered NFA and otherwise.

I did a survey a few years ago and most responded that they would either lie or not take the poll.
I refuse to do any surveys or polls that come on my phone. And if my doctor required a survey that asked about gun ownership I would lie. Saying MYOB or arguing about the relevance of the question would just get counted as a yes answer.

I refuse to do any surveys or polls that come on my phone. And if my doctor required a survey that asked about gun ownership I would lie. Saying MYOB or arguing about the relevance of the question would just get counted as a yes answer.
Years ago, my doctor handed me a survey that included almost a page of non-medical questions, including a gun question. I put a large X across the whole page and returned it to him. He was fine with that. I happen to know that he was a gun owner as well.

Seems to me Israeli common citizens have some catching up to do.
Israel has restrictive laws for private citizens most likely because 21% of the Israeli population is Arab. They have the right to vote but are not required to do military service. Neither are certain fundamentalist Jewish sects. So to have permissive gun laws would mean arming that 21% minority, who are mostly Sunni Muslims. And who live inside Israel's borders. And who mostly speak Arab at home but are mostly fluent in Hebrew as a second language.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top