JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obama said he'd "like to see if we can re-introduce the Assault Weapons Ban". I have no doubt he wants to do it, but his body language and diction indicate he knows he can't.

Romney said "Automatic weapon are already illegal in the United State".

Neither knows jack-bubblegum about guns.

We're bubblegummed either way!

From the horses mouth! Interested in another AWB.. Funny he didn't mention the areas with the strictest firearm control laws has the most firearm related crime!
He didn't even answer the "Fast and furious" question!

What I thought was funny was when Obama said 'when I was president' I wonder if he already believes he already lost the election...

My underlying feeling is and has always been that the best possible government situation is to have one party in control of the White House and the other party in control of the House and Senate. That way nothing gets done and we're all free to go about our lives.

Every time someone says they support 2nd Amendment rights and immediately reference hunting, I know I'm about to disagree with them.

What I thought was funny was when Obama said 'when I was president' I wonder if he already believes he already lost the election...

Trust me, thousands of people caught that. Obummer made his intentions very clear to Americans tonight, as well as to what his intentions are, he claimed he didn't believe in the American culture or way of life.... Go listen again for that little quip, in the highlight reels.

I would still love to see a day when only people who have served in the military be eligible to work in congress, senate, supreme court, or president.

Bu that will never happen. I love that obama started stuttering everytime he got flustered. I thought he was going to just respond " your a racist!"

Obama said he'd "like to see if we can re-introduce the Assault Weapons Ban". I have no doubt he wants to do it, but his body language and diction indicate he knows he can't.

Romney said "Automatic weapon are already illegal in the United State".

Neither knows jack-bubblegum about guns.

We're bubblegummed either way!

Also it should be taken within the context :

Obama said:
So my belief is that A, we have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced, but part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence, because frankly, in my hometown of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence, and they're not using AK-47s, they're using cheap handguns.

And so what can we do to intervene to make sure that young people have opportunity, that our schools are working, that if there's violence on the streets, that working with faith groups and law enforcement, we can catch it before it gets out of control?

And so what I want is a — is a comprehensive strategy. Part of it is seeing if we can get automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But part of it is also going deeper and seeing if we can get into these communities and making sure we catch violent impulses before they occur.

There is a mish-mash of terminology and rhetoric. But it seems like (and it has been already stated) Obama has little clue about guns, and his statements are based on some information that his advisers gave to him. It also looks like he is not talking about banning semi-automatic sporting rifles :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top