JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Obama wants semi-auto ban renewed; Mitt brings up F&F

It’s official and gun rights activists all over the Pacific Northwest and inland to western Montana heard him say it; President Barack Obama would reintroduce legislation banning so-called “assault weapons.”

<broken link removed>

Also it should be taken within the context :

There is a mish-mash of terminology and rhetoric. But it seems like (and it has been already stated) Obama has little clue about guns, and his statements are based on some information that his advisers gave to him. It also looks like he is not talking about banning semi-automatic sporting rifles :)

I doubt either one knows the difference between any sort of rifle.

I doubt either one knows the difference between any sort of rifle.

I think so too. Except Romney said out right that :

We of course don’t want to have automatic weapons, and that’s already illegal in this country to have automatic weapons.

I wonder who is "we"... If I remember correctly, in 1986 NRA told Reagan to sign the ban, because they will overturn it in court... is NRA against machine guns now ? Flip-flopping like Romney ? :D

I literally yelled "bubblegum you", as soon as obama mentioned hunting when referencing the 2a.

You mean this ?

Obama said:
You know, we're a nation that believes in the Second Amendment. And I believe in the Second Amendment. You know, we've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and people who want to make sure they can protect themselves.

You are against hunters ? Think hunting should be banned ? Hunting rifles banned ? Hunting ammo taxed ? :D

Well thank goodness Romney said he doesn't want any more restrictions! If you can't believe a politician, who can you trust?

Seriously, some of you just have to feel silly at the end of the day. Even you, Dave.

Prohibition doesn't work. In Central America for example is almost impossible for a law abiding person to obtain a permit to carry a pistol for self defense, even if you just want to keep it at your residence; but there are thousands of firearms in illegal trade, including ex-military rifles, and usually only the bad guys get them.

Global Crime Report | CRIME | Circulating weapons across Central America part 1 | BBC World Service

And this is relevant because ?

Oh, and another thing to point out :

Obama said:
Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced, but part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence, because frankly, in my hometown of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence, and they're not using AK-47s, they're using cheap handguns.

Translation: we could of course talk about Assault Weapon bans, but criminals are actually using handguns (specifically protected by the Constitution).

@fd15k: I didn't watch the debate. I was just trying to point out the 'bans' don't work and can't understand why politicians keep beating on this topic.

That is all. If i got off topic I can delete my post.

Prohibition doesn't work. In Central America for example is almost impossible for a law abiding person to obtain a permit to carry a pistol for self defense, even if you just want to keep it at your residence; but there are thousands of firearms in illegal trade, including ex-military rifles, and usually only the bad guys get them.

Global Crime Report | CRIME | Circulating weapons across Central America part 1 | BBC World Service

Some of which probably came from the US thanks to Fast & Furious.

@fd15k: I didn't watch the debate. I was just trying to point out the 'bans' don't work and can't understand why politicians keep beating on this topic.

That is all. If i got off topic I can delete my post.

Nobody is talking about complete bans on firearms, there are only some "assault-rifle-clip-capacity" talks for the purpose of feeling good. But even those aren't happening.

Just because a president would like to pass any law doesnt mean the rest of the government will agree, this presidency is a perfect example of this. He has tried and wanted to pass a lot of legislation. But our government is built to prevent any one person or even group of people from having total control of government. It may be slow but speed isnt always the best when it comes to making big choices

Not but you need A CHL here in Portland if you want to use your 2nd Amendment right is a public place.

Right to a public place ? Eh ? I of course know what you mean - you believe there is a right to carry a firearm anywhere you like (without "permission"). Well, maybe there is such right, I haven't seen any evidence of its existence yet.

Just because a president would like to pass any law doesnt mean the rest of the government will agree, this presidency is a perfect example of this. He has tried and wanted to pass a lot of legislation. But our government is built to prevent any one person or even group of people from having total control of government. It may be slow but speed isnt always the best when it comes to making big choices

The sad thing is that it seems that Our country is controlled by two groups...and not by The People.

You might also look into Paul Ryans views on Firearms and Hunting. The guys so into hunting sports he took time off campaigning to take his 10 year old daughter on her first rifle deer hunt. His Phone has a Camo cover on it and his Secret Service code name is BOWMAN.

So at least there will be someone connected with Romneys admin that knows something about firearms.

Here's everything you could want to know about Ryans and his PROVEN position on firearms and the 2nd Amend.

Paul Ryan on Gun Control

Paul Ryan - The Second Amendment

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top