JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I received one of those DVD deals as well. If you look at the paperwork they send carefully, in some of the fine print, they do admit that you are not required to pay or reply, as sending an item and requiring payment or return is against federal law.

It is less that the NRA is sending it to you; rather the NRA is sharing your name/address with 'partners' who pull this kind of ...stuff. I would recommend that you contact the NRA and express your displeasure with the practice.

elsie

I would recommend that you contact the NRA and express your displeasure with the practice.
For all you "life" members, why on earth would they listen to you?

It doesn't make any sense at all to cater to members from whom you will never see another nickel. You do not support the NRA, after the check is cashed, you become an expense. It's the same argument as term limits. Folks act completely different when they have a reasonable future expectation. But I digress.

For all you "life" members, why on earth would they listen to you?

It doesn't make any sense at all to cater to members from whom you will never see another nickel. You do not support the NRA, after the check is cashed, you become an expense. It's the same argument as term limits. Folks act completely different when they have a reasonable future expectation. But I digress.

I'm SO glad you brought this to my attention, Jammer. I'm going to check my bank balance first thing in the morning. There should be a whole bunch of money in there that I thought was gone. I'm sure MANY life members will be doing the same.

Pops

Don't like, or tired of the NRA??

Try the Second Amendment Foundation. They are NW based in Bellvue Washington.

They may be smaller than the NRA, but they fight just as hard.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And, I guess if you brought a Chihuahua to a Pit Bull ring, there'd certainly be a remarkable number of persons who commented about how hard the little guy fought.

Nothing against Second Amendment Foundation: we need all the help we can get. But the simple fact remains that the NRA is the singular most powerful lobby organization that has ever existed in any political structure on the face of the earth.

And, I guess if you brought a Chihuahua to a Pit Bull ring, there'd certainly be a remarkable number of persons who commented about how hard the little guy fought.

Nothing against Second Amendment Foundation: we need all the help we can get. But the simple fact remains that the NRA is the singular most powerful lobby organization that has ever existed in any political structure on the face of the earth.

don't get me wrong I like the NRA and am a life member, but sometimes the Chihuahua wins, thats why I'm a life member there too

You can go onto the NRA website and log in with your member number (or create your account if you haven't) and opt out of all that extra garbage people complain about. All I get are my american rifleman magazines and the occasional ballot for NRA elections.

You can go onto the NRA website and log in with your member number (or create your account if you haven't) and opt out of all that extra garbage people complain about. All I get are my american rifleman magazines and the occasional ballot for NRA elections.

but these guys would rather cry about it

Your allegory is all fine and dandy, but half the time the NRA Pit Bull stands around, barks a lot, and even foams at the mouth... only to stand by and let its owner get gnawed on. That little ole Chiuahua is taking the fight to the authoritarians, and I'll back it every time.

Fact is, the Second Amendment Foundation is the group winning all these pro-2A/self-defense lawsuits, not the NRA (which seems to like to toot its own horn, preach from the bully pulpit, and do jack diddly squat).

That said, I finally joined the NRA myself, but that $25 is a symbolic display of numbers. Any further donations I make are going to go to the SAF.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top