JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Received a dvd from NRA. Did not order it, and the letter with it appears to say to send it back or be billed for it and other self defense dvd's.
I guess the NRA has about as much respect for its members as the government does for its serf's.

Bullcrap. I don't mind supporting organizations that share mutual causes, but this is too much. Did send it back. Also am reconsidering the life membership.
Don't want a life time of their bugglegum in the mail every week.

OK rant off.

If you don't want mailings from NRA, call them or write them and ask to be taken off their mailing list. They are very good about this. Note that some of their mailings ar done by a third party and might take as much a 3 months to get the list purged. It will happen, though.

Pops

So, you are not going to support an organisation that fights for your rights because of a mass mailing error? Give them a call and ask them to remove your name from all the mailings.

Received a dvd from NRA. Did not order it, and the letter with it appears to say to send it back or be billed for it and other self defense dvd's.
I guess the NRA has about as much respect for its members as the government does for its serf's.

Bullcrap. I don't mind supporting organizations that share mutual causes, but this is too much. Did send it back. Also am reconsidering the life membership.
Don't want a life time of their bugglegun in the mail every week.

OK rant off.

They have sent me two so far. I haven't sent them back and the letters they keep sending me go straight in the trash. It's illegal for them to send you a gift and then demand payment, so I am not going to make it worth their while. They keep it up, I'll send them a cinder block back with their pre-paid envelope taped to it.

I did the same as DieselScout. I kept the disc (that I did not order) and have ignored all requests for payment. By law if someone sends you something in the mail that you did not order you have no obligation to pay for it or return it.
Maybe if enough folks did this the NRA would get the message.
I appreciate most of what the NRA does and will most likely remain a member but tactics such as this are not cool.

I've been a Life Member sense the mid 60's and they have never done that to me. But yes it would make unhappy to say the least. But not to the point I would tell them to STUFF IT. I give them money once a year and dump the mail for more. I do wish they would not mass mail and use the money better. But it must work for them.

Haven't watched the DVD yet. I will, just to see what I'm sending back as I decline. As a brand new member, trying to throw some funds to the good side, I'm sorely disappointed with this maneuver.

I got hooked on a similar deal when I was 12, a series of skimpy books about science, nature, etc. That was 1967. I thought tactics and postal laws had evolved at least a little since then. Apparently not.

I'd rather see my membership money applied directly to a very small army of talented lobbyists and spokespersons.

when are you people going to put forth a little effort to pick the phone up and make a call to nra and tell them to take your name off their mailing list. bunch of cry babies just want to beach and not do anything that would stop the mailings

Boo Hoo. Are you guys on the NRA's side or not? So what if you got something in the mail, man up and deal with it. Honestly, which side are you on? Stop your moaning and call them to correct the situation. I know, it's better to beach online about a group that is fighting for all of our rights. It's no wonder the antis are gaining traction if something as silly as a mass mailing causes such fallout. Disgusting.

I agree with other posters - I don't like it when the NRA does stuff like this. It's a tacky way to interact with members, and seems to be a waste of resources. My other pet peeve - when they send you a letter saying your membership is "about to expire!" (even though it's over a year out). Again, poor way to interact with members.

(I'm a long-time member, will continue to support them because they seem to be effective, but this stuff is just annoying. Their advocacy for 2A doesn't give them a free pass on this behavior.)

Haven't watched the DVD yet. I will, just to see what I'm sending back as I decline. As a brand new member, trying to throw some funds to the good side, I'm sorely disappointed with this maneuver.

As stated a couple times now, you do not have to return the dvd or decline anything or respond to any request for payment. That is law and they know it. It is just kind of a sleasy way to raise funds. Just ignore them unless you really want to donate.

I get solicted by the NRA at least once a month. They're not the only ones pulling stunts like this. I signed up for the Oregon Hunters Association again this year. Kept getting a phone call saying they needed me to sign a paper to validate the so called $2000 life insurance benefit that comes with being a member and they'd even send someone to my house with the paperwork. Figure it's $2000 for my wife to party with if I kick the bucket so I finally agreed to let them visit. This lady comes to my house, super friendly, takes forever to explain the "benefits", then explains for only $125 a month we can increase our insurance plan. At this point I proceeded to show her the door. From our kitchen table to our front door which is all of about 20 feet she asked me at least 6 more times if I was sure I didn't want to sign up. At this point I'm not so sure that it's about protecting out hunting rights as it is about making some insurance company money. The North American Hunting "Club" is an even bigger scam. Don't get me started about a church we attended in Montana that told the congregation that they made $125000 after expenses the previous year and that "we need to do even better this year". If you don't like people constantly begging for money stick to the Oregon Firearms Federation.

Don't get me started about a church we attended in Montana that told the congregation that they made $125000 after expenses the previous year and that "we need to do even better this year".

I used to belong to a church in Vancouver, they spent $1,000,000 on a new pipe organ. I'm sure that money would have benefited the poor much more! So, I'm no longer a member.

I agree with other posters - I don't like it when the NRA does stuff like this. It's a tacky way to interact with members, and seems to be a waste of resources. My other pet peeve - when they send you a letter saying your membership is "about to expire!" (even though it's over a year out). Again, poor way to interact with members.

(I'm a long-time member, will continue to support them because they seem to be effective, but this stuff is just annoying. Their advocacy for 2A doesn't give them a free pass on this behavior.)

Basically my thoughts including my continuing support. The return it or pay us concept reminds me of the old CD clubs.

I used to belong to a church in Vancouver, they spent $1,000,000 on a new pipe organ. I'm sure that money would have benefited the poor much more! So, I'm no longer a member.

In a total thread side-swipe... Go roller skating at Oaks Park. Nice old organ tooting out the tunes. Not much God though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top