JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a Life Member of the NRA.

I used to send several donations throughout the year. After Oliver North's revelations and following up on Wayne LaPierre's use of NRA funds I have not given any more to the NRA.

Through a fair amount of research about the NRA's bylaws it's as though Wayne LaPierre has structured things to ensure that he will keep effective control over the organization for as long as he wants.

It really saddens me to think of the millions of working class people who have given to the NRA with the understanding that those monies would be spent judiciously towards the cause of strengthening the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Just a few of the tidbits of Wayne's escapades from the referenced article:

• In 2017, LaPierre got his niece and her daughter a nearly $27,000 private jet to fly from Dallas to Orlando, Florida.
  • Also in 2017, he authorized a private jet to pick up his niece's husband in Nebraska for a Safari Club convention in Las Vegas, where her husband was needed to watch their child, and then flew him back home, at a cost of about $15,000.
  • And in 2019, LaPierre took a private flight with his wife from Washington, D.C., to Orlando and stopped in Nebraska to drop off his niece and his grandniece, at a cost of $78,900.

yeh, as of Friday...

"The NRA board is set to vote on Monday over whether to renew LaPierre's status as the executive vice president."

I'm hoping the board gives him the boot on Monday,
The board is full of his cronies though, all getting graft $ from him.
can only hope,
jmo,

Apparently I am missing something.

Does the NRA not have 'term limits' ?

How has WLP been able to continue his long abuse and stealing from the NRA?

It almost seems to be like it's own 'country', with him as a fascist, dictatorial overlord.

It almost seems to be like it's own 'country' with him as a fascist, dictatorial overlord.
USUALLY people like him (with what i would agree is a long history of abuse and stealing) are able to keep their position because they are also stealing enough for everyone else to profit from their being there

USUALLY people like him (with what i would agree is a long history of abuse and stealing) are able to keep their position because they are also stealing enough for everyone else to profit from their being there
And I realize this as well which is why I stopped donating to the NRA when the POS WLP started to display his abuse after only a few years after taking 'office'.

SO how is it he is only the VP of the NRA but still the CEO? And the NRA has had two prezes since 2019?

Sounds like a real chit show to me...

And they have THREE VPs?

October 2, 2021 - Charles Cotton was elected NRA President; Lt. Col. Willes K. Lee (ret.) First Vice President; and David Coy Second Vice President.

It looks more like a criminal syndicate than anything 'pro 2A '.

He won't get votes of confidence from those former NRA members who've quit in recent times. Most of whom have left over disapproval of LaPierre's reign.

The NRA won't release membership numbers. And it's difficult for muck-raking news bureaus to extrapolate possible membership numbers from required IRS filings. Because of the way discounts and promotions can be offered for memberships. Plus, it's hard to know how much money the NRA is taking in because some arms of the organization are not required to disclose donation amounts or sources. But in 2016 they did report a $20 million donation from a single source, which would highly inflate membership numbers in the aggregate.

Re. the situation with Aleksandr Torshin and Maria Butina and their relationship with the NRA. Butina was convicted in a US court for acting as an agent of the Russian government. Torshin has been more slippery. He left Spain one step ahead of the Spanish police who were in the process of arresting him for major money laundering. That the NRA would be involved in dealings with Russian king makers and crooks is troubling.

It almost seems to be like it's own 'country', with him as a fascist, dictatorial overlord.
Why yes, you are definitely missing something...
Where have you been hiding under a rock. :s0092:
:s0153:

And they have THREE VPs?

October 2, 2021 - Charles Cotton was elected NRA President; Lt. Col. Willes K. Lee (ret.) First Vice President; and David Coy Second Vice President.

It looks more like a criminal syndicate than anything 'pro 2A '.
WLP is THE Executive VP, the only one.

Put LaPierre to a vote of the membership--all of them. I'm a life member.
My local shooting range requires NRA membership to be a range member.
Wife and I shoot a couple of matches a month, and I know NOBODY that
is a fan of LaPierre.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews