JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

Got an email saying the USCCA was kicked out of the NRA national show with 2 weeks notice. I am wondering if this is true. If it is true, it looks as if the NRA is not allowing USCCA to rent a booth because it doesn't want the competition for their CC insurance product. Or is this just a marketing ploy from the USCCA, they seem to have a lot of them.

I would be curious to know if the NRA find out the USCCA wasn't following through with the support they offer if you have their policy? Did the USCCA do something that goes against the gun supporting community? I am a member of USCCA would like to know more as my policy renewal is coming up.

OR is this the NRA looking out for the NRA and not what is best for their members?

NRA is launching their own concealed carry insurance.
All others, USCCA and more, have gotten the boot.
Easier to sell when the competition isn't around.

SO they are doing what's best for them and not the community. Last time i checked their policy was around $600 vs USCCA $350, so they dont want their members to know there are less expensive options. Glad they are on our side...I think...

Aside from giving Colion Noir a full time gig making videos - the NRA has done NOTHING for my interests lately. Its why I did not renew when they put up zero fight against UBC here in Oregon. They spend more energy mass mailing begging for more money than they do trying to overturn bad laws and stop new ones from being pushed through. But I am just an upset former member...

Sigmadog and others have liked these guys. Home Which I am saving up some money to also use them.

This is where this company makes me feel uneasy:

What does my membership fee buy me?

• An initial fee deposit of up to $25,000 paid to the member's attorney by the Network if the member has been involved in a self-defense incident. The fee deposit gets the legal defense immediately underway, with representation during questioning, and arranging for an independent investigation of the incident. This is a membership benefit; the member is not asked to repay it.
• Bail assistance: The Network will pay a bail bond agent up to $25,000 to post bail on behalf of a member who has used force in self defense. If the bail agent requires additional resources or collateral, the member will be required to provide collateral or funds if the amount required to post bail exceeds $25,000. In addition, the member and his or her attorney must provide facts of the case to show that their use of force had cognizable elements of self defense. The member's attorney is responsible for providing those details to the Network prior to disbursement of monies to a bail agent. This subject is more complex than a paragraph in a FAQs page or a benefits synopsis; please read this article for details.

So if the lawyer from their network doesn't believe you that the events were self defense...you're bubblegumed? You only get the 25K in bail?

• Current Network members defending against unmeritorious prosecution or civil litigation after a self-defense incident occuring during their period of membership are also eligible for additional grants of financial assistance for legal fees from the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Fund.

So you are eligible but not guaranteed to get more funds?

• In addition, the Network is working to create a nationwide network of affiliated attorneys and legal experts upon which the member can draw in the event of a self-defense shooting. See our Affiliates page for current information on this benefit. Members' attorneys can also request case review by one of the Network's experts, paid for by the Network, with findings and advice forwarded to the member's lawyer.

Those we some of the issues that worried me when I looked at them.

• An initial fee deposit of up to $25,000 paid to the member's attorney by the Network if the member has been involved in a self-defense incident. The fee deposit gets the legal defense immediately underway, with representation during questioning, and arranging for an independent investigation of the incident. This is a membership benefit; the member is not asked to repay it.
• Bail assistance: The Network will pay a bail bond agent up to $25,000 to post bail on behalf of a member who has used force in self defense. If the bail agent requires additional resources or collateral, the member will be required to provide collateral or funds if the amount required to post bail exceeds $25,000. In addition, the member and his or her attorney must provide facts of the case to show that their use of force had cognizable elements of self defense. The member's attorney is responsible for providing those details to the Network prior to disbursement of monies to a bail agent. This subject is more complex than a paragraph in a FAQs page or a benefits synopsis; please read this article for details.

So if the lawyer from their network doesn't believe you that the events were self defense...you're bubblegumed? You only get the 25K in bail?

• Current Network members defending against unmeritorious prosecution or civil litigation after a self-defense incident occuring during their period of membership are also eligible for additional grants of financial assistance for legal fees from the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Fund.

• In addition, the Network is working to create a nationwide network of affiliated attorneys and legal experts upon which the member can draw in the event of a self-defense shooting. See our Affiliates page for current information on this benefit. Members' attorneys can also request case review by one of the Network's experts, paid for by the Network, with findings and advice forwarded to the member's lawyer.

Thank you, valid points, very valid points. It's probably a good thing I'm saving right now and haven't bought anything yet, gives me time for more research, opinions and mulling.

Science-fiction writer Jerry Pournelle coined the Iron Law of Bureaucracy some decades ago.

The Iron Law Of Bureaucracy states that "in any bureaucratic organization there will be two kinds of people: those who work to further the actual goals of the organization, and those who work for the organization itself. Examples in education would be teachers who work and sacrifice to teach children, vs. union representative who work to protect any teacher including the most incompetent. The Iron Law states that in all cases, the second type of person will always gain control of the organization, and will always write the rules under which the organization functions."

The NRA has been the Wayne LaPierre Cabal's private preserve for over 20 years. They have benefited greatly. Wayne's million-dollar-plus annual compensation. Contracts let to the cabal's supporters without competitive bid. A structuring of the rules and BOD nominating process to perpetuate the Cabal's control.

When I first joined the NRA, the Executive Vice-President was subject to strict term limits of two years. The Cabal dropped that rule soon after The Wayne's ascension. Pity.

As others have mentioned, the NRA has been largely absent during the recent Prozanski/Burdick attacks on gun rights in the Oregon legislature. Oregon gun owners feel angry and abandoned. But I have yet to hear any say they are surprised by it.

The NRA from its headquarters in Virginia, like Washington DC itself - nearly three thousand miles away - is now better considered a foreign entity. They may as well be in London or Tokyo as far as those (of us!) in the Pacific Northwest are concerned.

I send the money that would otherwise go to such foreign organizations, to local gunrights groups. The Oregon Firearms Federation for one.

What you do with your time, effort and money are your choice. I have made mine. Not a dime for the Frenchman's teapot empire.

DONOTBUGME: Thank you. As written they legally contract for nothing. They promise everything but are legally by contract required to provide nothing. As written all of the above you provided is worthless. It is nothing. As written it is all bullshiet. Just me. :(

Respectfully.

I think people are a little too sensitive. It's an NRA event, the same as any other industry workshop, users group, or meeting. It's not unusual for companies that sponsor events to not invite their competition. Yes, it could have been handles much better, but that's the way it fell.

For what it's worth, Second Call Defense was also dis-invited: Another NRA Carry Guard Competitor Dropped as Annual Meeting Exhibitor

Residents of Oregon need to support OFF right now more than the NRA, with the R's in control of DC the home front battle we are facing is WAY more dangerous right now

I did not read all of the posts so please excuse me if this was covered. The article says that the organization will supply up to a certain amount for a bail bond agent. Oregon has not used the bail bond system for many years so where does that leave us?

Residents of Oregon need to support OFF right now more than the NRA, with the R's in control of DC the home front battle we are facing is WAY more dangerous right now

It always has been that way, the states anti-gun agenda has been running unchecked in Wa & Or for years. We are our only defense on the home front with little help from any ORG, locally or nationally. For those gun owners who do vote D they need to write, email or call their Dem reps and tell them to "KNOCK IT OFF ON THE ANTI GUN AGENDA and get tough on criminals". If enough citizens respond responsibly then it will send a message to them that we are fed up with the persecution of the law abiding and they may not get re elected... That will get their attention, if not then we need to recall em!!!
They are supposed to do our bidding but it has not been that way for a long time and we, the citizens need to remind them of their job and oath to office.

Last Edited:
I wasnt bashing, just simply asking why, to make sure USCCA didn't do something that warranted their removal. Its thier show they can invite who they want.

I did not mean to imply your post was negative but#4 & 6 & 10 was sure a bashing.
This is why our rights are getting trounced because WE, the law abiding gun owners are at odds as to what is really at stake.
Let's all get on the same page and relight the flame that keeps America free or we will be in the dark.

Good info to think on, thank you!

However, I would imagine if your attorney doesn't feel you were acting in self defense, or can't express such in legalese, you would be pretty much beyond bubble-gummed anyways...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews