JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I guess i'm going to have to go to Freddies just to see what they have. I think it is a positive thing that someone is starting to sell firearms given the vastly diminished number of dealers these days.

The Fred Meyer's here in Newberg has had rifles and pistols since last November I believe. As far as pistols, they have most of the major brands. Springfield armory and Taurus to name a few.

The Fred Meyer's here in Newberg has had rifles and pistols since last November I believe. As far as pistols, they have most of the major brands. Springfield armory and Taurus to name a few.

That's nice they're carrying pistols. I would have assumed they would have taken the corporate risk averse route of not selling handguns. Maybe they're actually listening to their customers instead of their lawyers. Bravo.

My son and I drove to the Newberg, Oregon store today to look at their gun counter. I very happy to see not only a good selection of rifles and shotguns, but also quite a few handguns. I talked to the clerk in at the gun counter and he seemed to have good knowledge about firearms and was very helpful. He said that Fred Meyer will probably only have gun counters at the more rural FM stores. No word on when or if any gun departments will be opening at any SW Washington stores. Maybe, if they get enough support, they will expand into the urban area stores!

This is great. It gets the main stream shoppers to see that guns and ammo are a standard commodity available everywhere, even at your local grocery store. Makes it less of a big deal.

The clerk at F M in Medford also works at the pawn shop in the south end of town, he handles weapons all day long in both his jobs fact he saw me open carry as I always do while in FM and said; " Star fire star right" , and I said
" wow You really know You guns cause most people even shooters don't know what a Star is". ( nice guy ) ;)

They do run ads and coupons occasionally. You get reward rebates and gas discounts from the purchase. Senior discounts (over 55) every first Tuesday of the month on guns. Really....what's not to like?

Lets all make sure we support their decision by supporting them. They have taken a lot of heat from anti-gun shoppers. Wouldn't hurt to keep sending in those comment cards to show your support to their front office.

They have a wide selection available for special orders....I did one from Scappoose earlier this year. Went very smooth.

My email to Fred Meyers made it's way and got this response from the Sandy Store Director:

"......,

Thanks for your note about the Sandy store carrying firearms. We are not being considered for them at this point, however, I have forwarded your note to the buying office that makes those decisions. I’m sure your note will be taken into consideration for the future.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,
..."

interesting really, until I moved to Washington I thought all Freddy's carried firearms ammo and such. All the Alaska stores have guns that I know of, for as long as I can remember, both long guns and pistols. When I moved down here walking through the first Freddy's here I ask where the gun counter was, after I received a long stupid look I was informed Fred Myers does not carry guns.
Ah, the good o'l days in Alaska where this stuff was everywhere, like Long Drugs who had the great annual reloading sale (practically get to kegs of powder for the price of one during the sale). Then the big box stores moved up selling cheap import crap and the good stores went away. Freddie's still sells gun in Alaska though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top