JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Over near Redmond for a week of varminting on my regular ranches when I receive a call from a lady asking if I could come over and "get rid of a bunch of noisy coyotes". I arrive at ranch and she has 160 acres surrounded on three sides by hay fields and the fourth side was county land full of juniper. Hmmm I wonder where the yotes are? A quick scout showed a bunch of yote tracks all along county side. I'll see you in the morning...

At 0600 I start on the top and see two coyotes that take off running when they see me, no use calling here. I walk down to bottom of her land and start calling hoping to draw them out of juniper on to the grass. One came in at light speed on the left all the way to decoy and took off again. A woof stopped her at 100 yards and down she goes. I look up and there is another running away from decoy on right!!! He stops at 200 yards to look around and goes down.

I walk back to house to tell her the news. When I say the yotes are skittish near the top she says "my husband shoots at them" When I ask how many he has got she says "not any in 5 years" !!!!!!
2018coyote.jpg

When I am driving away the phone rings again and a gentleman asks if I have a bow and arrow. When I ask why his says "I have rock chucks next to my stables and guns scare the horses" I said "I will be right over" He really liked my "bow and arrow"
2018silentchuks.jpg

Great week with lots of yotes, rock chucks and sage rats. Back home for the weekend and then back over there on Tuesday......

Over near Redmond for a week of varminting on my regular ranches when I receive a call from a lady asking if I could come over and "get rid of a bunch of noisy coyotes". I arrive at ranch and she has 160 acres surrounded on three sides by hay fields and the fourth side was county land full of juniper. Hmmm I wonder where the yotes are? A quick scout showed a bunch of yote tracks all along county side. I'll see you in the morning...

At 0600 I start on the top and see two coyotes that take off running when they see me, no use calling here. I walk down to bottom of her land and start calling hoping to draw them out of juniper on to the grass. One came in at light speed on the left all the way to decoy and took off again. A woof stopped her at 100 yards and down she goes. I look up and there is another running away from decoy on right!!! He stops at 200 yards to look around and goes down.

I walk back to house to tell her the news. When I say the yotes are skittish near the top she says "my husband shoots at them" When I ask how many he has got she says "not any in 5 years" !!!!!!
View attachment 454287

When I am driving away the phone rings again and a gentleman asks if I have a bow and arrow. When I ask why his says "I have rock chucks next to my stables and guns scare the horses" I said "I will be right over" He really liked my "bow and arrow"
View attachment 454288

Great week with lots of yotes, rock chucks and sage rats. Back home for the weekend and then back over there on Tuesday......
I like your new friends!

I'm just a little stumped. How'd you settle on @Angler as a handle and not Shooter...?

When I joined NWF in 2009 I was really into bass fishing......

Indeed! We have met and made an exchange while he was setting traps for beaver.

A very nice guy, he traveled over an hour to meet me.

While over there a rancher gave me these, got any CCI subsonic segmented hollow point to trade?
A17ammo.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR