JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you explain that one? I was pulled over in Nevada a couple of months back and was asked if I had a large sum of cash on me.

Its called civil asset forfeiture. Instead of requiring a conviction in a court, they seize your cash (car, other property) and charge the money with a crime ( aka US v $5,000). Police jurisdictions have been known to fight over busts because often the cops get to keep most or all of the "proceeds".

Asset forfeiture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IJ Takes on Asset Forfeiture | The Agitator

Asset Forfeiture Report | The Institute for Justice

Highway Robbery In Tennessee - YouTube (local news report on the issue in Tennessee)

Its called civil asset forfeiture. Instead of requiring a conviction in a court, they seize your cash (car, other property) and charge the money with a crime ( aka US v $5,000). Police jurisdictions have been known to fight over busts because often the cops get to keep most or all of the "proceeds".

Asset forfeiture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IJ Takes on Asset Forfeiture | The Agitator

Asset Forfeiture Report | The Institute for Justice

Highway Robbery In Tennessee - YouTube (local news report on the issue in Tennessee)

Wow ... that is unbelievable and I guess I was blissfully ignorant.
Someone remind me again what made the old Soviet Union so evil?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top