JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you explain that one? I was pulled over in Nevada a couple of months back and was asked if I had a large sum of cash on me.

Its called civil asset forfeiture. Instead of requiring a conviction in a court, they seize your cash (car, other property) and charge the money with a crime ( aka US v $5,000). Police jurisdictions have been known to fight over busts because often the cops get to keep most or all of the "proceeds".

Asset forfeiture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IJ Takes on Asset Forfeiture | The Agitator

Asset Forfeiture Report | The Institute for Justice

Highway Robbery In Tennessee - YouTube (local news report on the issue in Tennessee)

Its called civil asset forfeiture. Instead of requiring a conviction in a court, they seize your cash (car, other property) and charge the money with a crime ( aka US v $5,000). Police jurisdictions have been known to fight over busts because often the cops get to keep most or all of the "proceeds".

Asset forfeiture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IJ Takes on Asset Forfeiture | The Agitator

Asset Forfeiture Report | The Institute for Justice

Highway Robbery In Tennessee - YouTube (local news report on the issue in Tennessee)

Wow ... that is unbelievable and I guess I was blissfully ignorant.
Someone remind me again what made the old Soviet Union so evil?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top