JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a can 2 weeks ago from SS, initially under my trust. When it showed up at the dealer, I changed my mind and wanted it as individual. The dealer had to go back to SS and have them reissue the paperwork. Took 2 days for them to do that. Another day fir the dealer to get it all ready on their end. Certified on Sat. AM. I keep checking my emails hoping to be a 2 day approval.
I've got another can I certified under my trust bank at the end of Dec. I think that'll be waiting in jail for quite a while.

How long are Form 1 Suppressors taking these days, just as quick as the individual Form 4 process?
as long as all your supporting docs are there it shouldn't be any different. Pics of machinery and metal stock and plans to build. Surely you can find pics of machinery and metal stock .

Dude that is so awesome. They're probably rigging the system to get more people to buy cans so they know who to go after down the road 😂
It's largely due to ASA leadership/activism with atf:

B0250964-4B27-41B7-B676-8A0F2842550D.jpeg

Last Edited:
If anybody cares about .22 sound levels through 9mm can, just did a rough test and 9mm can was 119 db with cci quiet 710 fps while cheapo .22 alum can was 111db. Using mil spec meter. Full size on the rad 9. Excluding first round pop. 18" bolt action. No fancy stuff like .22 wipe in either can and both were dry. So .22 can is roughly 42%(ish) less perceived sound compared to .22 shot out of a 9mm can (for these two cans in these enviro conditions anyway).

Last Edited:
If anybody cares about .22 sound levels through 9mm can, just did a rough test and 9mm can was 119 db with cci quiet 710 fps while cheapo .22 alum can was 111db. Using mil spec meter. No fancy stuff like .22 wipe in either can and both were dry.
111 dB for a .22 is not a realistic number using standardized MIL-STD-1474D testing methodology and an adequate impulse meter. 111dB would be the best silencer on the market.

111 dB for a .22 is not a realistic number using standardized MIL-STD-1474D testing methodology and an adequate impulse meter. 111dB would be the best silencer on the market.
It is realistic. And your text is black btw. It's the same sound level as a pop can opening. The reason is bolt action, 18" barrel, and cci quiet 710 fps. Nothing special about the can at all. Standard aluminum baffles. Here's the same gun and can, the sound hitting the duct seal soft target outside is probably louder than the shot.

It is realistic. And your text is black btw. It's the same sound level as a pop can opening. The reason is bolt action, 18" barrel, and cci quiet 710 fps. Nothing special about the can at all. Standard aluminum baffles. Here's the same gun and can, the sound hitting the duct seal soft target outside is probably louder than the shot.
I shoot that ammo out of my Ruger Precision Rimfire and have to argue in support, I think the firing is actually quieter than opening a beer can. In fact, I'd say it is MUCH quieter, the trigger is the noisiest part until the impact of the bullet. Sometimes, someone who is far too educated get confused by knowledge to actually believe what they have right in front of them.

I shoot that ammo out of my Ruger Precision Rimfire and have to argue in support, I think the firing is actually quieter than opening a beer can. In fact, I'd say it is MUCH quieter, the trigger is the noisiest part until the impact of the bullet. Sometimes, someone who is far too educated get confused by knowledge to actually believe what they have right in front of them.
Yeah. Do you build silencers?

Yeah. Do you build silencers?
Do I need to to qualify what I hear, as well as lots of others? Real question. Numbers mean squat when you apply REAL WORLD applications. Don't try to instigate anything here, ears don't lie. I read numbers all day long but what a person can actually witness is what really matters. That's is all I really need to say about it, but to answer your question, no, I do not build suppressors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top