JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait, a form-1 from over a year ago?
No, it's from this year. I'm seeing the range all over the place, and I think even though they have a separate team for people getting suckered into the "amnesty" submission, they still have impacted normal form 1s from getting done timely.
I don't NEED another SBR'ed .458, I just want one. So it's not really crucial for me.

I did one amnesty that's for a 10/22 it was approved in under a moth. For those wondering you don't get a stamp back you get the forms you submitted back in an email with approval and signature. But you can keep the brace or put a stock on without notifying them, once approved. (you are creating an SBR) This info has been posted by the ATF all over if you read it. But some don't want to do it and that's understandable. I'm not here to get into that conversation.

No, it's from this year. I'm seeing the range all over the place, and I think even though they have a separate team for people getting suckered into the "amnesty" submission, they still have impacted normal form 1s from getting done timely.
I don't NEED another SBR'ed .458, I just want one. So it's not really crucial for me.
It's the same people processing the amesty forms. They just hired a bunch of contractors to help with the workload.

Got my form 1 10/22 SBR back today. Now to get it engraved this weekend.

Screenshot_20230420-090146_Drive.jpg

How or where did you get this info that they don't need to be engraved? "The free ones" I'm curious on this. I looked all over the ATF info on this and couldn't find it. But they do say you are creating an SBR with this.
It's on their FAQ. No engraving needed unless you built it from an 8% .It is an SBR but it's kind of in a special category because they're claiming it's always been an SBR .

Cool good to know! I will check that out because I was about to engrave them. If you have a link to that part please share.
I am not sure which thread but someone has previously posted a link and copied and pasted the language if you want to search on this site. As indicated, you should be able to locate it via the FAQ posted by the ATF on this matter also.

I am not sure which thread but someone has previously posted a link and copied and pasted the language if you want to search on this site. As indicated, you should be able to locate it via the FAQ posted by the ATF on this matter also.
Cool thanks, I also notice they changed how and where they posted this info over the past few months. To be expected right! 😂

Cool thanks, I also notice they changed how and where they posted this info over the past few months. To be expected right! 😂
I'd be hesitant to believe what the AFT writes in the FAQ, go directly to the law.

Hahaha What law?

I will say that after this brace Fiasco and after having reviewed pertinent case law of all those prosecuted for not engraving their SBR's over the last 89 years ( Nice round number BTW . Very round) I will never again engrave a Form 1 SBR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top