JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you considered filing a Form 1? They're coming back in almost half the time, 3-4 months.
Already got all my 1s back.

I'm intrigued by a F1 silencer, but prefer to have a good warranty and ability to just have the manufacturer deal with it.

Not that form 1 folks aren't just replacing parts on their own and not saying anything...

I read some depressing stuff over at the NFA trackers forum that folks are resorting to contacting politicians to get things moved along.

It will truly sadden me if that becomes the new normal. Wait forever, only to still have to call a local politician office to ask for permission again.

I'll say one thing, I'm done. I was going to buy an integral for my 10/22 but I've decided it isn't worth it.

I know some say you have to pay to play, but I get it now. Those that are on the edge, trust me, this is the most stupid process I've ever been through. To have to wait 12+ months for something you are legally able to own is simply not worth it in my eyes.

I know some will chime in and say otherwise, but in my personal opinion. I'd not do it again if I knew.
That is the whole point of the delay. To convince people to not do it at all.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Have you and Reno911 formed a support group yet?
:p

"Support group".... unlikely.

c53ce111-be7d-4b7f-b53d-bd3582a5f9c9.jpg

I kid, but it really is sad when people like you and Reno911 get lost in the system. It's bad enough as it is, but to double the time with no recourse must be excruciating.

Perhaps a new Supreme Court Justice friendy to our cause might give us hope for the future.:s0155:

I kid, but it really is sad when people like you and Reno911 get lost in the system. It's bad enough as it is, but to double the time with no recourse must be excruciating.

Perhaps a new Supreme Court Justice friendy to our cause might give us hope for the future.:s0155:
A right delayed is a right denied. I think that's how I've seen it written. I'd love to see this whole farce nipped in the bud. At the very least after your first NFA item is obtained there should not be any delay at all for successive acquisitions.

Just read this whole thread.

***NOTICE*** TO ALL WITH PENDING NFA TRANSFERS - AR15.COM

It sounds like it's taking 5-7 additional months for the FBI to perform your background check.

So if you take 4-6 months to get to the NICs check via the NFA branch and you do not get an instant approval as you would buying a gun, your paperwork gets sent to be manually confirmed by the FBI.

The FBI apparently are pulling the "We are above the law" approach, and no one to this day can figure out why this new delay is occurring.

This new delay is hitting folks all over, even those with prior approvals.

It is slowly starting to look like this may end up becoming a normal addition to the time of process.

Yippy skippy!

@Reno911

Didn't you just get a Form 1 back? If so, there may be hope... See these comments that were posted today:

***NOTICE*** TO ALL WITH PENDING NFA TRANSFERS - Page 9 - AR15.COM

So I called back today and spoke to my examiner, she only works on forms part time but I explained that my form 1 was approved and the form 4 was still waiting on bgc and she said no problem she would get it approved tomorrow for me.

I didn't even need the ntn, I just provided the serial from the approved form 1 and the serial from the pending form 4.

information needed may vary by examiner though.

Sounds like it might be worth a phone call!

Sent an email to representative Walden today.

If that don't work, I'll start harassing those at the NFA branch.

I'm getting to the point where I feel something is nefarious about these FBI background checks.

I started to get caught up on this thread and was feeling happy. Now you guys have me all depressed. If mine takes over a year I will be really disappointed.:confused:o_O
From what I've read and researched on about 6-7 online forums is if you are over the 6 month average you are likely in the pile with every other person in the FBI background check purgatory.

There have only been a handful of those that waited out the additional time it took the FBI to get to their ppwk, it appears it adds another 5-6 months.

Other than those reports everyone else is reporting to get in touch with your friendliest politician to help.

From what I've read and researched on about 6-7 online forums is if you are over the 6 month average you are likely in the pile with every other person in the FBI background check purgatory.

There have only been a handful of those that waited out the additional time it took the FBI to get to their ppwk, it appears it adds another 5-6 months.

Other than those reports everyone else is reporting to get in touch with your friendliest politician to help.

It will be interesting to see. My six months is coming up in late November or December. Mine was done on a trust and submitted by @Sporting Systems

I wanted to make sure since it was my first that everything got handled properly.

It will be interesting to see. My six months is coming up in late November or December. Mine was done on a trust and submitted by @Sporting Systems

I wanted to make sure since it was my first that everything got handled properly.
Give the system folks a call. Don't do like I did and wait the year to get involved. Seems like those that get involved faster get their stuff faster.

Sad I even have to say that.

Just for fun...we received about 15 stamps today, most are January and February 2018 applications. Also received one of my own, submitted 2 stamps field on the same day, same trust, same person (me) July 9, 2016 and approved September 5, 2018. The first stamp was approved in 11 months. The second one just kind of disappeared in the system. I called. I emailed. I complained. Nothing ever changed it. It arrived today. 2 years 2 months later. Filed same day, same trust, same everything...15 extra months. Yes, its frustrating for individuals and for us dealers...even more so because we literally, have hundreds of people calling about their suppressors. Well, I finally have my own paperwork. You're not alone in your frustration with ATF NFA branch.

IMG_0558.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads