JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cutting the 100, 300, and pistol ranges out went something like this...
10-12" soil, horrible cobble/ round rock (horse head minus), sand, then soil with huge boulders!
15' cut at the back...daylighted at 100, and 300 yds. burms added for a total of 25' above deck.
I took quite a beating..(this is where you guys sympathize)

Keep up the good work. That's why you are making the big bucks...:p

A friend of mine who lves In Lyle has been telling me about it hope they get it going soon been in the works for about a year

I would drive up to go there at least once gives me a good excuse to visit my friend

A friend of mine who lves In Lyle has been telling me about it hope they get it going soon been in the works for about a year

I would drive up to go there at least once gives me a good excuse to visit my friend

Not that it matters, but it's "been in the works" for more than 3 years now. I've talked to members of that club and they for sure agree with the other poster. It's going at a very slow rate. Atleast they are moving ground now though..... Hopefully something else doesn't slow them down.....

I read this earlier and was wondering if you have any plans to build a Longer, as 1,000 yard/meter Range. It looks like you have the land for one and I know there are people who would use it.

My local is only out to 600 meters and one of the common questions is 'Why did you stop there?' Unfortunately, the answer is the individual who had the chance Simply didn't see a need but then according to him a round from a handgun could never reach a hundred yards let alone two hundred.

Just wondering.:):):)

Thank you for the update. I (and others) very much appreciate it.

And yeah, it is has been in the works actually longer than 3 years. I know The Dalles Rifle and Pistol Club were approached about managing it over three years ago.

As for ranges, based on the public viewing of the plans 600m is going to be super difficult, I don't think they can even try for 1000m.

Not that it matters, but it's "been in the works" for more than 3 years now. I've talked to members of that club and they for sure agree with the other poster. It's going at a very slow rate. Atleast they are moving ground now though..... Hopefully something else doesn't slow them down.....
I'm so sorry, I was wrong about the time frame hope it doesn't cause you any hardship. I shoud have said My fried told me about it around a year or so ago thanks so much for the info.

I just got a message from Jeff Hunter, the main POC.

Ron,

The range is under construction and will be open sometime in the spring. The range will be open to the public and yes we are looking for range officers. Please contact me again after the first of the year. I am going be working on the schedule and how the range is going to be operated.

Jeff

Any word on when it will be open? I look forward to some shooting events in the near future/spring and summer... It will be very nice to only drive 5 miles instead of 30-60 to shoot at a nice range.

6HBwbyd.jpg
jWcmkGp.jpg

Not much new to report... poured the foundation/ slab for the 100yd. building, sounds like one of our crew's will put the building up over the winter?. Scheduled to open sometime in the spring???

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top