JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
2 Weeks into building a new shooting range in Klickitat county. Hwy 14, and Hwy 197.
Not sure when it opens, Myself (in the high track 8), and co-workers Which happen to be my fishing and hunting partners, not to mention my best friends) in the excavators, other dozers, graders, 1105161400a_HDR[1].jpg 1105161400b[1].jpg and off road trucks. 300 yd. range in pics, will also have 100yd., and pistol ranges. Hope we all get lifetime priveledges!

Good to see it finally getting started after a couple years after it's initial announcement. It will be built in stages as funding becomes available, mainly in the form of grants according to what I have read about it.

Yes, it will be built in three stages is my understanding. Unfortunately progress will probably grind to a halt in the coming days as we are gearing up for snow plowing season, but the plan is right back to it in the spring. Happy Thanksgiving to all...Blane

Range is progressing well, will have more pic's in a few weeks. We finished all the dirt work a month or so ago, buildings are next...I think we start them first week of Sept. or so?, I believe we're slated to open first of Oct-ish?. As for Goldendale area... I'm not as familiar with Goldendale, but... I'm not too sure if anywhere is really "safe" at the moment (fire hazard and all)

2 Weeks into building a new shooting range in Klickitat county. Hwy 14, and Hwy 197.
Not sure when it opens, Myself (in the high track 8), and co-workers Which happen to be my fishing and hunting partners, not to mention my best friends) in the excavators, other dozers, graders,View attachment 324867 View attachment 324868 and off road trucks. 300 yd. range in pics, will also have 100yd., and pistol ranges. Hope we all get lifetime priveledges!

Looking good buddy. Keep up the good work. I'll be happy to use it, since I only live about 5 miles from there. Can't wait...

bsa... yeah I can't wait either!, sounds like we're only finishing the 100 yd. and pistol ranges this year?
Gaucho... I read that a day or so ago, I'm afraid the B.S will never end:mad:

Range is progressing well, will have more pic's in a few weeks. We finished all the dirt work a month or so ago, buildings are next...I think we start them first week of Sept. or so?, I believe we're slated to open first of Oct-ish?. As for Goldendale area... I'm not as familiar with Goldendale, but... I'm not too sure if anywhere is really "safe" at the moment (fire hazard and all)
Looking forward to the pics! Keep up the work man!
And I agree no safe space to shoot in the middle of august, trying to plan for coming months.

Think of how much lead will be removed from other areas on public lands and condensing distribution into manageable concentrations.
Just give whoever cleans the lead out of the berms hazmat pay and have them volunteer. HEY, maybe that'd be great job for that homeless vet, or a tweaker if there isn't anyone else...
At least that sounds good to me.

BTW I am excited for this range. Want to see pictures. Might take my dad up here to do some target shooting for his birthday.

Austink... I work for Klickitat county, I'll ask some of the east side boys ( goldendale shop) and see what I come up with? for decent shooting areas.
Flymph... Sounds like a great job for a few tweakers ( seems to be a surplus)
Not much for pic's yet...just dirt 1497035760962.jpg 1496768981401.jpg

Cutting the 100, 300, and pistol ranges out went something like this...
10-12" soil, horrible cobble/ round rock (horse head minus), sand, then soil with huge boulders!
15' cut at the back...daylighted at 100, and 300 yds. burms added for a total of 25' above deck.
I took quite a beating..(this is where you guys sympathize)

I hope this new range is successful and lots of people can enjoy shooting there. However we are always under attack by the anti gun faction who will use any means possible to derail our rights and liberties. Hence the reason for my previous post.

Austink... I work for Klickitat county, I'll ask some of the east side boys ( goldendale shop) and see what I come up with? for decent shooting areas.
Flymph... Sounds like a great job for a few tweakers ( seems to be a surplus)
Not much for pic's yet...just dirtView attachment 385627 View attachment 385626
I like pictures of dirt, so it doesn't bother me if that's all you have...
Also, I'd rather employ a willing vet before looking to hire tweakers for the job. It's just where I rather put my tax dollars. Ranges like this are also a good use of my taxes.

I hope this new range is successful and lots of people can enjoy shooting there. However we are always under attack by the anti gun faction who will use any means possible to derail our rights and liberties. Hence the reason for my previous post.

As bad as it is for the Kitsap rifle and revolver Club that has been in a battle with Kitsap County and Bremerton for years. Here is some good news.

NRA Files Brief In Kitsap County Anti-Gun Ordinance

Cutting the 100, 300, and pistol ranges out went something like this...
10-12" soil, horrible cobble/ round rock (horse head minus), sand, then soil with huge boulders!
15' cut at the back...daylighted at 100, and 300 yds. burms added for a total of 25' above deck.
I took quite a beating..(this is where you guys sympathize)

Yes, I'd like a yard of "horse head minus" gravel for my driveway. Don't worry, my truck has a spray on bed liner!

:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads