JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Washingtonians ‘arming up’ at stunning pace

Since last Dec. 19, a whopping 10,682 additional Washington residents have obtained concealed pistol licenses, pushing the number as of Friday morning to 359,342 active CPLs in circulation…

<broken link removed>

Q. Do you now, or have you ever, had a Washington concealed pistol license or a carry permit in another state? Yes, over 25 years in WA and my father had one before that. A few years later I got an OR CWP

Q. Are you a Northwest native or a transplant? Native

Q. Are you familiar with Washington State gun laws? Yes

Q. Why do you believe it is necessary to be armed? Yes

Q. Don't you think the police can protect you? No

Q. Have you had firearms and self-defense training? Where? Yes, OR

Q. Have you ever been a crime victim? Yes, although showing I was armed stopped it.

Question
1: Yes, and open carried for years before I received my CPL.
2: I was born in Canada, was naturalized as US Citizen after I got back from Vietnam in 1970.
3: Very
4: Yes
5: No, would not count on it.
6: Yes, Military..was on the Army Marksmanship squad for part of my 8 years of service.
7: yes, and no...once, it would have been a crime if I had not been armed. BG saw my pistol and decided he had better things to do, elsewhere.

Q. Do you now, or have you ever, had a Washington concealed pistol license or a carry permit in another state? Yes, for the past 6 years. Applying for Oregon now.

Q. Are you a Northwest native or a transplant? Born and raised in the NW. Never left.

Q. Why do you believe it is necessary to be armed? Police budget cuts, Meth Use, High Unenployment

Q. Don’t you think the police can protect you? I have over a dozen LEO friends, none of them say they can 100% of the time.

Q. Have you had firearms and self-defense training? Where? Yes

Q. Have you ever been a crime victim? No, but I am 100% sure that one day I will

Q. Do you now, or have you ever, had a Washington concealed pistol license or a carry permit in another state? WA & OR

Q. Are you a Northwest native or a transplant? Moved here in 1970. Couldn't walk yet.

Q. Why do you believe it is necessary to be armed? See next question

Q. Don’t you think the police can protect you? Not in time.

Q. Have you had firearms and self-defense training? Where? Yes. Childhood (USMC dad), military (USN), OR CHL class

Q. Have you ever been a crime victim? Yes

Too bad Washington doesn't reciprocate with Oregon. Doesn't make sense at all, but that is the way it is I guess. UT permit class here I come.

The OR<>WA problem is OR will not recognize WA's permit. Get OR to recognize other states CPL's and it would be there. Or, if WA would just drop the "must recognize ours"...the reason we need the National Reciprocity Act, that basically tells the states to "get allong"

Slow news day when Workman is hot item in Seattle Times

Did Workman really say “firearms are dangerous?” Uh, huh, because that happens to be true; if you’re not careful with a firearm, you’ll get an education about 30 seconds after you need it.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top