JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally stopped procrastinating and joined the NRA. (Yeah, yeah, I know...what took me so long?)
With a recruiter or club discount they are only $600 now. Im a newly minted Life Member.
I wonder what will come first: the membership packet or solicitations for more money? ;)

I finally stopped procrastinating and joined the NRA. (Yeah, yeah, I know...what took me so long?)
With a recruiter or club discount they are only $600 now. Im a newly minted Life Member.
I wonder what will come first: the membership packet or solicitations for more money? ;)
Welcome to the club! I got the membership packet 2 months before the next solicitation. I called and asked to be added to the Do Not Promote list (again) and this time it seems to have taken.

Welcome to the club! I got the membership packet 2 months before the next solicitation. I called and asked to be added to the Do Not Promote list (again) and this time it seems to have taken.

It took several times for me. After a couple of times politely asking them to not call me, I ended up blasting the last guy and asked just what it was going to take for them to cut it out. He promised to make a note - I could hear a keyboard clicking in the background and I haven't got any calls since. I love what they do to educate, train, publish, and stay on top of Congress but the soliciting was just getting to me.

It took several times for me. After a couple of times politely asking them to not call me, I ended up blasting the last guy and asked just what it was going to take for them to cut it out. He promised to make a note - I could hear a keyboard clicking in the background and I haven't got any calls since. I love what they do to educate, train, publish, and stay on top of Congress but the soliciting was just getting to me.
"Say the magic word, win a prize". In this case the enchanted incantation seems to be "Do Not Promote List". In the case of SAF, it seems to be "Please remove me permanently from your database". They claim to not have a way to not send you junk mail. Thanks Alan. Love what you do, hate how you fundraise for it.

I have a circular file that I use everyday, and online the old delete key, but it does wear on a person. I have donated to the NRA, the NRA ILA and some other branch of the NRA, and I and the Warden are Life members, We give to OFF, 2nd Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America, NAGR. Not a lot, but what we can afford. There are many good organizations to fight for our rights and some do better than others. I think the NRA is a little top heavy, but they are the big Gorilla, and GOA no slouch either. Every organization fights in their own way....I think I like it that way.

The money will come first and it will never stop via email and snail mail

I must be the odd man out - I'm a life member and rarely get solicitations from them for more money. I did nothing special, just opted out of the extra mailings, etc. About all I get are my monthly subscription plus the insider email and the ILA emails. I get more solicitations from SAF than I do the NRA.

I must be the odd man out - I'm a life member and rarely get solicitations from them for more money. I did nothing special, just opted out of the extra mailings, etc. About all I get are my monthly subscription plus the insider email and the ILA emails. I get more solicitations from SAF than I do the NRA.
I never really tried telling them not to ask but I'm not life member five year deal get emails at least 1 a week and letters 1 or 2 times a month but I like the magazine I get every month

I never really tried telling them not to ask but I'm not life member five year deal get emails at least 1 a week and letters 1 or 2 times a month but I like the magazine I get every month

As I recall, I did my settings online, didn't even talk to them on the phone about it - just selected what I wanted to receive and didn't want to receive. Beyond what I've mentioned, I have received a few postcards from them in the past asking me to write and call my legislators in Salem. I haven't counted, but it's rare I get an email or snail mail asking for more money.

As I recall, I did my settings online, didn't even talk to them on the phone about it - just selected what I wanted to receive and didn't want to receive. Beyond what I've mentioned, I have received a few postcards from them in the past asking me to write and call my legislators in Salem. I haven't counted, but it's rare I get an email or snail mail asking for more money.
I think where screwed up was they asked and I sent money so they keep asking HEHEH

Re-upped for life last year, when cankles called the NRA a bunch of terrorists. Final straw. I wanted to hack into her closet server and thank her personally for strengthening the NRA.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. I jumped up to life about 25 years ago... then they dangled endowment membership and I figured, what the hell, it's for a good cause and then last year they tempted me withe "benefactor" level.... whatever.... it was kind of the same thing for me; if throwing a few hundred dollars their way would keep Hitlery out of the White House, I was all for it.... I don't know that the NRA was the leading contributor to the witch being defeated, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
Hey, now you get to vote for NRA board members!

UPDATE: My membership packet arrived in today's mail. That makes it just over 2 weeks from signing up to getting my card. Not bad. It probably would have been here sooner except the mail doesn't seem to run in snow, sleet...or dark of night. If I had known there were gonna be so many stickers and pins I would have signed up a long time ago. ;)

20170117_141844_resized.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR