JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought an awesome home in northern NM, sight unseen. We are actually really pleased with it considering the chance we took. But this is some wild country. I was looking at the door to the garage and noticed some divits and holes in the adobe brick and solid timber door. It was a typical handgun pattern, and sure enough holes going right through the door! I found one .45 slug sitting on top of the insulation in the attic, and another slug imbedded in a 2x6 workbench across the garage from the door. Well, in the process of taking out the workbench out today, I tried to pry the slug out of the wood, but no go. There were several screws holding the 2x6 to the leg right around where the slug was. I removed them all, but no go, there was a screw right under the slug. After prying the 2x6 off, I hammered the screw out in reverse and this is what I found.
The slug had hit the screw head, and instead of mushrooming, encapsulated the slug.
B15F1EE4-0E95-47A4-BD00-B37539E74BD4.jpeg

Well with a minor leap of faith, I would suspect your property was abandoned at one time or another which is always a perfect target for practice; or you are finding evidence from a crime scene, e.g. part of a domestic event.

Say hello to Sherly Mclaine & Julia Roberts & Dennis Hopper.

Make sure you visit the NRA'S Range in Raton.

Enjoy your new home and go join Southwest firearm forum.

Well with a minor leap of faith, I would suspect your property was abandoned at one time or another which is always a perfect target for practice; or you are finding evidence from a crime scene, e.g. part of a domestic event.

Say hello to Sherly Mclaine & Julia Roberts & Dennis Hopper.

Make sure you visit the NRA'S Range in Raton.

Enjoy your new home and go join Southwest firearm forum.
Home was not abandoned, but im sure some domestic violence spurred on by alcohol and drug abuse.
I did join SWF.com, but not much representation from NM there

Yea, who ever bought my old house in Aloha would have "Found" several .22 boolits in the hard wood floor and the back door! Damn rats!:eek::D:p

:eek: Overkill, the best way to do a job. :D I used a BB gun for urban rat elimination. Was hard to get rid of them, damned neighbors next door kept "pet" rats. :eek:

Shot LOTS of jack rabbits while working in NM. Sure had a great time very beautiful land. On a side note lots of poverty everywhere and really high crime in Albuquerque. The tram is an awesome ride and view at the top.

Lol, I have far BIGGER problems at our place in Colorado, we have a big azz Grizzly who loves our place very much, I planted berries several years ago, and he moved in and took over my lower fields where all the berries are! Ungreatfull feller didn't even say thanks after cleaning them all out, digging up all my bolders, and finishing off all the other varmints! Only good thing is he keeps the fly fishermen off my property! The signs warning of trespassing are for the bears own good, not theirs, I don't know what fly fishermen tastes like, but to a bear, they might be pretty good, but might cause an upset stomach. We don't want a sick Ol'Bear comming up to the house begging for pepto or tums!
Or worse, having to pick up fly fisherman turds out of the field!:eek:

Yep, the NRA Whittington Center in Raton is an awesome place! My first trip down there I was there for Five weeks and saw Deer every day! And, these were not the same ones over and over. That was on the Shooting side of the Center. Elk, Turkeys, Antelope, Rabbits (both Jack's and Bunnies), Black Bear Plus several Snakes, Frogs and Horny Toads! :):):)

Lol, I have far BIGGER problems at our place in Colorado, we have a big azz Grizzly who loves our place very much, I planted berries several years ago, and he moved in and took over my lower fields where all the berries are! Ungreatfull feller didn't even say thanks after cleaning them all out, digging up all my bolders, and finishing off all the other varmints! Only good thing is he keeps the fly fishermen off my property! The signs warning of trespassing are for the bears own good, not theirs, I don't know what fly fishermen tastes like, but to a bear, they might be pretty good, but might cause an upset stomach. We don't want a sick Ol'Bear comming up to the house begging for pepto or tums!
Or worse, having to pick up fly fisherman turds out of the field!:eek:

I'll give ya $5 per unbrokrn fly rod, and three cents per fly you collect from trespassers remains! :D I'm a gear whore.

Put on the no trespassing sign to pre-spray themselves with bear spray, Grizz likes spicy food! :p

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top