JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have my doubts on it. ABQ, and thus, politically.. NM is blue. I know of far too many gun owners who thinks denying a person under 21 the right to possess a handgun, is perfectly fine and legal.. and those who thinks unserialized handguns are a danger and need off the street by any means possible.... 🙄
The owner of this place is a perfect example of what I have been saying for years. Often gets many REALLY upset but, facts remain the same. A LOT of gun owners vote for and support the law makers hosing us. This guy is plain to see one of them. Most gun shops are FAR from getting wealthy off this enterprise. If he even loses 25% of his market share over this? He may well go under and it could not happen to a nicer guy.

Kid was young and I hope he learned something from this painful lesson. For many the only way they ever seem to learn is pain. :s0092:
"Young kids" live on the internet. They know how to use google. They know how to search. If you can be old enough to own a gun than you're old enough to research or go through the pain of piss poor planning.

No love lost on either end of this deal. Both parties were naive and will pay the price.

I spend a decent bit of time helping at an FFL, if a customer is looking for something special like a holster and wants to test fit it, we may ask to have it brought in, unloaded, and to hand over the firearm so that we can inspect the firearm solely for the purpose of verifying it is unloaded.

I do not take anyone at their word the firearm is unloaded, I will verify it myself.

After verifying it is unloaded and safe, the firearm is handed back or taken along with the customer to search for holsters depending on what the customer wants. Sometimes it's a customer who inherited or was gifted a firearm and wants to know what ammo it uses or has other questions.

I've seen plenty of people with gifted firearms not yet 21, not being 21 and having a handgun is not a red flag, seen a fair share of P80's, most questions I have is how does the person like it, or what do they like or dislike about it...

Seems unbelievable an employee and shop owner would take posession and steal a firearm from someone.

I have not seen P80's in a long time, don't know if they are even possible to get still...

This shop needs to be held liable for damages, and in my opinion, continue to pay damages through this kid turning 21. If the kid is unable to get another P80, even greater damages through turning 21.

"Young kids" live on the internet. They know how to use google. They know how to search. If you can be old enough to own a gun than you're old enough to research or go through the pain of piss poor planning.

No love lost on either end of this deal. Both parties were naive and will pay the price.
Other than not waiting for LE to arrive to retake possession of his firearm from the FFL.. and leaving the premises...what exactly did the kid do wrong?

What would he have found on the internet that would have told him his perfectly legally owned firearm might be confiscated by an FFL?

Or for that matter... what would the internet tell any of us are the risks of confiscation by an FFL we might face when carrying our own legally owned firearms into a LGS?

Considering FFL's have zero authority to take police action and confiscate any firearm... who in their right might would ever think to consider it may even be in the realm of possibilities? Asking for a friend.... 🤣

Personally, other than as stated above, I don't see any fault on the kids side. Only the FFL's.

Other than not waiting for LE to arrive to retake possession of his firearm from the FFL.. and leaving the premises...what exactly did the kid do wrong?

What would he have found on the internet that would have told him his perfectly legally owned firearm might be confiscated by an FFL?

Or for that matter... what would the internet tell any of us are the risks of confiscation we might face when carrying our own legally owned firearms into a LGS?

Personally, other than as stated above, I don't see any fault on the kids side. Only the FFL's.
The kid should have never taken the gun into the shop. But I don't trust anyone so I am always looking for the worst.

He should have just gone online and searched/found a holster and had it shipped to his address.

Not blaming the kid. Just stating he was naive. It's the same reason I tell cops I never have a gun on me if pulled over. Even if I do. Cause a lot of cops know as much legal as these gun shop employees.

Just cause it's a gun shop doesn't mean the owner/workers know sh!t about gun laws. He's under 21, with a pistol, a pistol that doesn't have a serial number. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but know your audience and who you're interacting with.

He "should" have been able to read that MANY law makers are going after these guns with vigor and acted as if he knew that. He also could use the net to find out what holster fit the pistol without leaving home. Hopefully the kid learned a lesson from this.

He also could use the net to find out what holster fit the pistol without leaving home.
That's not so easy. Cheapo kydex made specific for 80's are out there, but if you want anything nicer the selection is extremely limited... and if you want a fairly decent name brand rig... most don't include 80 compatibility info, When they do, it's typically limited to one size and configuration of 80.

IE., Sometimes rigs made for S&W M&P's will fit a compact 80 about perfectly, but not all brands. Most are very much trial and error and a whole lot easier taking it in and physically testing.

Midway USA's holster finder utility
1695028229142.png

Sportsman's. Only for 2 models and the only actual holster options consist of a single uncle mikes. Although you "do" have the option between left or right handed. 🤣
1695028662778.png

As far as being aware law makers are going after them... they are going after a LOT of different types. I believe most rational people are going to assume their legally owned firearms are "least" likely to raise eyebrows at a gun shop.

Of all of the attacks against the 2A... who would every imagine an FFL stealing your firearm out of your hands?? It IS illegal for them to do so... so... really?? Seriously?? It's like some people are asking the kid to be a psychic and aware of things no other person would ever even dream of being an issue. Pretty weak.

But I do understand the mentality of some folks that believe in keeping firearm ownership hidden and secret. The less risk of potentially offending someone for the deep and sinister exercising of the 2A... right(?):D

Last Edited:
But I don't trust anyone so I am always looking for the worst.

He should have just gone online and searched/found a holster and had it shipped to his address.

Not blaming the kid. Just stating he was naive. It's the same reason I tell cops I never have a gun on me if pulled over. Even if I do. Cause a lot of cops know as much legal as these gun shop employees.

Just cause it's a gun shop doesn't mean the owner/workers know sh!t about gun laws. He's under 21, with a pistol, a pistol that doesn't have a serial number. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but know your audience and who you're interacting with.
I don't trust anyone either... and I concede it was a product of being a bit naĂŻve in assuming his rights would be respected... but outright theft from a business owner? I doubt anyone would consider that a potential risk. Getting a visit and questioned by LE... maybe.

I guess what "keyed" me a little was... instead of supporting the kids right to exercise his 2A rights... many were so quick to fall into the lefts social engineering doctrine.

Victim blaming!!

Brass tacks... the kid did nothing wrong/illegal. The FFL stole his firearm by deception. No if's and's or but's, IMHO.

I do agree though that FFL's are typically among the worst at knowing what the laws related to their livelihood actually are. Some of the stoopidest chit I've ever heard has come from the mouths of FFL's. Not specifically firearm related though... and just as a general principle... you would think most everyone is aware that it's illegal to take another person's property.;)

I don't trust anyone either... and I concede it was a product of being a bit naĂŻve in assuming his rights would be respected... but outright theft from a business owner? I doubt anyone would consider that a potential risk. Getting a visit and questioned by LE... maybe.

I guess what "keyed" me a little was... instead of supporting the kids right to exercise his 2A rights... many were so quick to fall into the lefts social engineering doctrine.

Victim blaming!!

Brass tacks... the kid did nothing wrong/illegal. The FFL stole his firearm by deception. No if's and's or but's, IMHO.

I do agree though that FFL's are typically among the worst at knowing what the laws related to their livelihood actually are. Some of the stoopidest chit I've ever heard has come from the mouths of FFL's. Not specifically firearm related though... and just as a general principle... you would think most everyone is aware that it's illegal to take another person's property.;)
It has nothing to do with the "lefts doctrine."

I just call out stupid when I see it.

Yeah. Taking a firearm in to check holster fitment... in a gun shop of all places! That's about as reckless and stoopid as it get's, hu! đź‘Ť

That's practically begging to have your firearm stolen!🤣
In the todays America. Sadly.

Gun shops are full of Fudds and anti 2A individuals.

It looks like the gun store in question was recently raided by the Feds. Apparently, they were still selling AR pistols with braces, firearms with FRTs, and putting uppers and lowers together to be sold as complete rifles/pistols to evade the FET.
KOB4 - Shooter's Den Raided
That's ironic. They snitch on the young man while they themselves were violating same bs rules.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews