JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fine line to walk. A lot of gray area in a scenario like this.

Hopefully whichever military branch he's in doesn't burn him as well.

Albuequree, New Mexico?

Face-Plam-Kid.gif

I doubt it was a Marine. Although this individual was dumb enough he could probably pass as one.

The article did say the ATF said to return the gun, after it is serialized and a NICS is passed. But since kid is under 21 it's a no go. The kid did report it as a theft and gun was turned over to local law enforcement.

Not sure if Junior will get the gun back but you gotta be a big douche of a person to do what this employee did imo.

Edit, you'd also have to be a moron to take a handgun into a gun shop if you're underage.

The article did say the ATF said to return the gun, after it is serialized and a NICS is passed. But since kid is under 21 it's a no go. The kid did report it as a theft and gun was turned over to local law enforcement.

Not sure if Junior will get the gun back but you gotta be a big douche of a person to do what this employee did imo.

Edit, you'd also have to be a moron to take a handgun into a gun shop if you're underage.
I don't think it's moronic at all. He's allowed to possess it legally. Heck even today at AFT I watched a guy buying a handgun for is 19 year old son and nobody was concerned. His son is allowed to own it.

Honest dumb question: Doesn't the military issue handguns to personnel under 21 years of age? Are there only when deployed or on-base restrictions?
Yes. And they also issue machine guns and grenade launchers without a tax stamp…..

Just cause it gets issued to you doesn't mean you get to own the same thing or take them home with you.

They are heavily monitored. Signed in and signed out. And if one goes missing you and your entire unit will have hell to pay. They aren't with you 24/7 in garrison. Only while training or on duty.

On top of that if you have personal firearms and live on base you are required to register them with the installation and have them stored in the armory on base. You can only check them in and out while the armory is open.

The military is fickle…. For example HR218 says that military police with LE Creds can conceal carry in all 50 states. Federally it's legal but if caught the Marine Corps will NJP you cause they say you are not authorized to conceal carry off base.

And there is no conceal carry on base unless your CID.

Last Edited:
Clearly the gun store works for their Governor...
If your gonna play wannabe policeman, better know the laws.

Jabs aside:
My question is, what right does the ATF have to require modifying someones lawful property?

Clearly the gun store works for their Governor...
If your gonna play wannabe policeman, better know the laws.

Jabs aside:
My question is, what right does the ATF have to require modifying someones lawful property?
Probably some rule, possibly in New Mexico, that states if a firearm enters an FFL's books it must leave with a serial number?

I believe that's the case on the left coast anyway

He did have an Illinois ID where "ghost guns" were made illegal to buy or own last year HB4383…. wonder if that had anything to do with it. Even though he wasn't residing in Illinois at the time of presentation.

Not saying I agree with it at all.

Probably some rule, possibly in New Mexico, that states if a firearm enters an FFL's books it must leave with a serial number?

I believe that's the case on the left coast anyway
I don't know NM laws but I'm guessing that since its still legal to own ghost guns there that if one is stolen from you it technically didn't "enter" the FFLs lawful possession, I would think the law would say your property not be altered and returned to you as is.

Illinois residents are required to have a firearm owner identification card ie FOID card to own guns in state.

Not sure that applies to military personnel living out of state.

I don't know NM laws but I'm guessing that since its still legal to own ghost guns there that if one is stolen from you it technically didn't "enter" the FFLs lawful possession, I would think the law would say your property not be altered and returned to you as is.
He definitely has a case. Cause it was 100% theft with obvious intent on the side of the store clerk/owner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top