JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is always some idiot who thinks they know the law, but doesn't - and it seems like FFLs/LGSs have their share of idiots along these lines (and others - "experts" on guns, self-defense, etc.).
Such as I heard several FFL's say the license allows them to conceal carry anywhere in the US.

Bruce

IMG_0134.png

You are not getting my point but it's my poor writing and not your comprehensive ability.

Man brings a gun in to buy a holster and the clerk takes it from him.

The young man may have come in with the gun because his father asked him to find a holster.

Point being that at the time of the clerk stealing the gun there was no proof of who owned it.
If I may act as a translator; I believe his point is that there was never a reason for the employee to inquire about ownership, age, or anything else. The only questions the employee could have were 1) is the gun unloaded? and 2) does it fit in this holster? No proof of lawful possession or legal title is involved in either of those two questions.

You know how many guns were in the barracks? We were supposed to do the same thing - did not always work that way.
A lot. I had one in mine. Lol. Just stating the regulations. Not that we followed them.

A little bit like how I view gun control. Aka I don't care about what you signed on paper.

Last Edited:
The only questions the employee could have were 1) is the gun unloaded? and 2) does it fit in this holster? No proof of lawful possession or legal title is involved in either of those two questions.
Thats a BIG 10-4 !

Point being that at the time of the clerk stealing the gun there was no proof of who owned it.
So you AGREE the clerk (owner) stole the gun? If so this pretty much renders everything else null and void.....

I didn't read the article but what are gun owners supposed to do if a customer has an unserialized gun? Does atf direct them to confiscate the gun? I have no clue what they are supposed to do and not condoning the gun shop, but I'm just curious what atf has told gun stores they have to do.

I could see atf doing sting operations where they do exactly this, then take the gun store's license. ATF under biden admin's direction seem to be taking down as many gun stores as they can through minor violations. Gun stores may be on guard for stuff like this?
IIRC, so far the direction has been, from a federal perspective, that if a FFL is involved in a firearm transfer (e.g., in a locale where BGCs are required for all firearm transfers), that the firearm has to have a serial number affixed to it.

There are exceptions for older firearms made before serial numbers were required, and there is the new "ghost gun" laws/rules/regs for "kits", but I do not know of any law, rule or regulation that empowers, much less requires, an FFL to confiscate any firearm for any reason - an FFL is generally not a LEO, and by reason of having an FFL does not give them LE powers.

P80 and 80 percent lowers are used to circumvent having to got through a BCG or have a registered gun to your name. - I have no issue with this.

Just like the pistol brace was used to circumvent having a SBR without buying a tax stamp. - I have no issue with this either.

But if you are going to play the game be smart about it. I wouldn't suggest showing off what you got. Whether it be inline or to some fudd/retard who sits behind a gun counter and doesn't know his head from his a$$. Cause people who don't know the law (including LE) will get you in a pinch even if you did absolutely nothing wrong. Hopefully the kid gets a big pay day and the shop falls apart. Or atleast fire the clerk who had a "God Complex."

Lots snakes/snitches in the community. I promise you they watch/interact on this site as well. Hell, I've met one of them and will never do business at the establishment I ran into him ever again. The fact that he has all my PPI is enough to make me nervous.

I have my doubts on it. ABQ, and thus, politically.. NM is blue. I know of far too many gun owners who thinks denying a person under 21 the right to possess a handgun, is perfectly fine and legal.. and those who thinks unserialized handguns are a danger and need off the street by any means possible.... 🙄
Hope is the key word. I am fully aware of the political climate we live in.

I can't say I am so harsh as to hope for this - HOWEVER - he needs to experience some form of retribution for whatever he did determined to be illegal, be made to publicly apologize to the young man and offer him something as a 'settlement' for the hassle he created.
Words and cash aren't enough in my world.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews