JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well now---when was the last time the ACLU defended anything remotely connected
to the Second Amendment? Waiting on a statement from the SPLC.

"The ACLU voiced objections that the governor's actions could lead to overzealous policing and infringe on privacy."
ACLU expressed concerns, but like you say not regarding the 2nd Amendment. Rather, juvenile detention (another provision in the "emergency" order) was their primary focus:

Well now---when was the last time the ACLU defended anything remotely connected
to the Second Amendment? Waiting on a statement from the SPLC.

"The ACLU voiced objections that the governor's actions could lead to overzealous policing and infringe on privacy."

ACLU expressed concerns, but like you say not regarding the 2nd Amendment. Rather, juvenile detention (another provision in the "emergency" order) was their primary focus:
DftE5ZLWAAAVNgC.jpeg

ACLU 2nd statement, from:

"D.C. v. Heller held for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, whether or not associated with a state militia. The ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court's conclusion about the nature of the right protected by the Second Amendment."

Bruce
Of course. Like I've said in the past... a great many people, including such organizations and politicians.. really seem to believe the 2A really means

"A well regulated (by laws) militia(military) being necessary for the security of a free State (the nation); the Right of the People (Government) to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed (but is restricted to government)" :rolleyes:

Her highness states that she doesn't need a lecture on constitutionality from a Sherriff... "We've given you the tools, Sherriff Allen, now stop being squeamish about using them."

Claiming to be putting the safety of New Mexican's first... while attempting to make everyone a victim without the ability to defend themselves???
I've heard the peyote cactus is plentiful in parts of NM... but come'on! 😜

Her highness states that she doesn't need a lecture on constitutionality from a Sherriff... "We've given you the tools, Sherriff Allen, now stop being squeamish about using them."

Claiming to be putting the safety of New Mexican's first... while attempting to make everyone a victim without the ability to defend themselves???

Well. That just manes it easier for the NM Legislature if they've got the bones, to impeach and indict her for High Crimes and Treason if she's going to double down on violating the US Constitution and the NM Constitution both.

Wow. She's really starting to become the nation's Princess of Foolishness. Or Princess of Dimness. Or Princess of Dipiness. I could go on...
Karens do what Karens do, but this is really going too far beyond.

If they impeach her then another Democrat takes her place. I prefer to let her stay in and show the world just how far democrats will go. A learning experience before their next election.

She is doubling down. And still no word from the Biden administration or AG Garland regarding a clearly unconstitutional act. I would suspect that another unconstitutional edict is in the works.

I found this incredibly liberal, anti gun, (and positive) response to the NM GOVs actions - in spite of all the negativity. The 'simplicity' of it is what really concerns me. No intellect, rational - just infantile, childlike emotion - and make sure to read the 2nd to the LAST sentence and really 'interpret' it....

Albuquerque

Thanks to governor for taking action

Thank you, Gov. Lujan Grisham for declaring a public health emergency in response to the out-of-control gun violence we are suffering in Albuquerque. Thank you to the family of Bennie Hargrove and others who have had no choice but to fight for better gun control.

Children I know witnessed the shooting death of Bennie Hargrove at Washington Middle School in 2021. I received many calls from family, friends and neighbors worried for the safety of my own child that day. More children have been killed by children since.

How many deaths will it take before we decide that our children's civil right to live free from the fear of gun violence becomes more important than gun rights?

… No amount of money can ever replace a loved one lost to gun violence.

As I tuck my youngest, a 5-year-old, into bed tonight, I will be thinking of Galilea Samaniego and others in our community who have been forever lost to gun violence and the children who are still in clear and present danger. Ask any 5-year-old what a reasonable solution to gun violence would be and they will give you a common sense answer. We must demand an end to this madness.

LAUREN MEIKLEJOHN

I found this incredibly liberal, anti gun, (and positive) response to the NM GOVs actions - in spite of all the negativity. The 'simplicity' of it is what really concerns me. No intellect, rational - just infantile, childlike emotion - and make sure to read the 2nd to the LAST sentence and really 'interpret' it....

Albuquerque

Thanks to governor for taking action

Thank you, Gov. Lujan Grisham for declaring a public health emergency in response to the out-of-control gun violence we are suffering in Albuquerque. Thank you to the family of Bennie Hargrove and others who have had no choice but to fight for better gun control.

Children I know witnessed the shooting death of Bennie Hargrove at Washington Middle School in 2021. I received many calls from family, friends and neighbors worried for the safety of my own child that day. More children have been killed by children since.

How many deaths will it take before we decide that our children's civil right to live free from the fear of gun violence becomes more important than gun rights?

… No amount of money can ever replace a loved one lost to gun violence.

As I tuck my youngest, a 5-year-old, into bed tonight, I will be thinking of Galilea Samaniego and others in our community who have been forever lost to gun violence and the children who are still in clear and present danger. Ask any 5-year-old what a reasonable solution to gun violence would be and they will give you a common sense answer. We must demand an end to this madness.

LAUREN MEIKLEJOHN
Sad. Many people are stupid.

Ask any 5-year-old what a reasonable solution to gun violence would be and they will give you a common sense answer. We must demand an end to this madness.
From a 5 year old:

"Give everyone free ice cream and pizza for every meal. Then everyone will always be happy and never want to hurt anyone."

🤣

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top