JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sure like the looks of the new Henry PCC. All of the buttons and knobs in the right places and a wooden stock. :)

Most of the new PCCs try so hard to mimic an AR and they just end up looking and feeling CLUNKY. :rolleyes:

$900.00 is a little steep for me though for a Range toy / Plinker. :(
Marlin should bring back their PCC, (Camp Rifle). :cool:

I saw one earlier this year at a LGS. Beautiful rifle, like all Henrys. But I have 7 Henry rifles now and the safe is full, and I don't want to get rid of any of them nor buy another safe. Bass Pro has them for $800, still too much for a range toy, especially when we add in 10% sales tax.

I saw one earlier this year at a LGS. Beautiful rifle, like all Henrys. But I have 7 Henry rifles now and the safe is full, and I don't want to get rid of any of them nor buy another safe. Bass Pro has them for $800, still too much for a range toy, especially when we add in 10% sales tax.
Unless they have started offering a different model these are a no go for us in WA. Either they will have to start offering it without the threads or we will have to get the new law beat back. Either way it should be long enough that the price will have dropped to normal as the catch up. If that happens I will be adding one to my collection of PCC's :D

I don't need another pistol caliber carbine, I don't need another pistol caliber carbine, I don't need another pistol caliber carbine…

Well crap.

I don't need another pistol caliber carbine, I don't need another pistol caliber carbine, I don't need another pistol caliber carbine…

Well crap.
I have been in a way a little happy this state took these out of the running for me. It kept me from paying too much for one. I have zero doubt I would have pulled the trigger on off the auction when price started to come down a little. The new law saved my wallet some pain. :s0140:

1687799519337.jpeg

I sure like the looks of the new Henry PCC. All of the buttons and knobs in the right places and a wooden stock. :)

Most of the new PCCs try so hard to mimic an AR and they just end up looking and feeling CLUNKY. :rolleyes:

$900.00 is a little steep for me though for a Range toy / Plinker. :(
Marlin should bring back their PCC, (Camp Rifle). :cool:
Interesting. I have a lot of PCCs and none of them are trying to mimic ARs. Unless you count the little hk416 22 pistol but that's just a 22.

But then I have zero AR9s so maybe that's what you are referring to. I don't like ar9s personally because more recoil than 556. A 556 brn-180 10.5" with folding stock is within half an inch size wise of an mp5 (both with stocks folded) so I don't see the benefit in the ar9 for my use.

Last Edited:
I have been in a way a little happy this state took these out of the running for me. It kept me from paying too much for one. I have zero doubt I would have pulled the trigger on off the auction when price started to come down a little. The new law saved my wallet some pain. :s0140:
Ya, OR ain't much far behind you! Im pretty sure I'm done, but you never know!

It's pretty, but it's not $900 pretty. I might justify that much for a lever gun because I expect production costs to be high on so old a design.

... I don't like ar9s personally because more recoil than 556. A 556 brn-180 10.5" with folding stock is within half an inch size wise of an mp5 (both with stocks folded) so I don't see the benefit in the ar9 for my use.
In pistol or SBR configuration, I like them because they're much easier on the ears, but I don't really have any desire for a carbine length AR9.

In pistol or SBR configuration, I like them because they're much easier on the ears, but I don't really have any desire for a carbine length AR9.
That makes sense from a sound standpoint or saving the steel targets or whatever. Having said that though I don't hear any difference with really anything I shoot. I always use the max db reduction headphones and guns that people say are "so loud" etc for me it makes almost no difference.

It's pretty, but it's not $900 pretty. I might justify that much for a lever gun because I expect production costs to be high on so old a design.

Almost always, longer barrels are quieter suppressed, in my experiences. Not only because of the extra powder burn that takes place, but also because the noise is further away from the ears. Less gas too as the unburnt stuff out of shorter barrels just goes off inside the can instead, which can cause some fun port pop and extra gas blowback.

Interesting. I have a lot of PCCs and none of them are trying to mimic ARs. Unless you count the little hk416 22 pistol but that's just a 22.

But then I have zero AR9s so maybe that's what you are referring to. I don't like ar9s personally because more recoil than 556. A 556 brn-180 10.5" with folding stock is within half an inch size wise of an mp5 (both with stocks folded) so I don't see the benefit in the ar9 for my use.
By , "Mimicking ARs", I mean, to me, they are mostly big, black and clunky looking. :rolleyes:
Some people think they are beautiful. 1687820549886.png

1687820539495.png

Unless they have started offering a different model these are a no go for us in WA. Either they will have to start offering it without the threads or we will have to get the new law beat back. Either way it should be long enough that the price will have dropped to normal as the catch up. If that happens I will be adding one to my collection of PCC's :D
Second Amendment Foundation. They are in the forefront.

Anyone have both this and the Ruger? I'd love to see them side by side. The Henry is supposed to be shorter overall as they got the buffer guts inside the forend.

I have a Henry 9mm on order. I enjoy plinking. The Keltec sub 2000 is a rough shooter. Never warmed up to the AR 9's. If i'm getting a range toy I want something good.
If you like PCC's (as I DO), you should enjoy hell out of it. I have one of the early KT's and do love it for what it is but, damn thing is shockingly brutal for a 9. So short and light. Had a .40 that I re homed for this. It too was fun but after a range day my shoulder always felt like I had been kicked there for a day or two. Love the look of the Henry wood. While being great fun these are GREAT home guns too. With good ammo the 9 in those tubes is delivering the same performance good .357 ammo does coming from a 4 inch wheel gun. Its why the Wife's go to home gun is a 9mm rifle. She is recoil sensitive but loves shooting the little Ruger. Would be devastating to any fool who came at her. If we are able to beat the new law here I will be getting one of these to add to the toy line up :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews