JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was thinking of this thread when I read about a shooting this afternoon at 69th and Glisan in Pdx near Fred Meyer on the nextdoor app.

Girl's boyfriend confronted a man stealing a car. On video the thief stopped, turned and fired one round towards the bf (likely cuz boyfriend was following or chasing him imo). Range for bf was likely 25-50yds cuz that's where busy Glisan street is. You can see the shooter on the far left edge of the video, then he yelled to the getaway car and ran after it.

Around here I feel outgunned with just a concealed pistol. A pdw type gun comes with me more and more often now. It soon may be almost always.

View attachment 1407886
A comment on same thread but different event:
View attachment 1407887
In other news, Tina Tampon couldn't be outdone by the hate for Kate Brownstain.

"I think there are a lot of Oregonians who don't know me," Kotek said during a press conference Wednesday. "We came off of the election, people went back to their day jobs, their lives, they're not paying attention too much." :rolleyes:

I got the wife a smith and Wesson FPC for her birthday recently .we saw a review on YouTube and she said "hey that's cool!" Or something like that She hardly ever gets excited about something she sees on tv so I snagged one when I seen it. Anyway I'm super impressed with it thus far. Super accurate, haven't had any ftes or ftfs. Came the a few mags and nice little case my only gripe was no iron sights or anything I guess they figure people are just gonna put a dot on them. Anyway that may be my new favorite weird little foldy pcc

I can clear a speed course like nobody's business using this little AR9 on a polymer lower. (Also holds a 2nd mag in the grip).

Is it the best? No, but I have 800+ rounds w/ zero failures, plenty of firepower on deck…

8895AE9F-6875-4E36-BF6C-00A1F6840EAE.jpeg

Last Edited:
Was thinking of this thread when I read about a shooting this afternoon at 69th and Glisan in Pdx near Fred Meyer on the nextdoor app.

Girl's boyfriend confronted a man stealing a car. On video the thief stopped, turned and fired one round towards the bf (likely cuz boyfriend was following or chasing him imo). Range for bf was likely 25-50yds cuz that's where busy Glisan street is. You can see the shooter on the far left edge of the video, then he yelled to the getaway car and ran after it.

Around here I feel outgunned with just a concealed pistol. A pdw type gun comes with me more and more often now. It soon may be almost always.

View attachment 1407886
A comment on same thread but different event:
View attachment 1407887
Love how the partner takes off and leaves him to run.

I can clear a speed course like nobody's business using this little AR9 on a polymer lower. (Also holds a 2nd mag in the grip).

Is it the best? No, but I have 800+ rounds w/ zero failures, plenty of firepower on deck and less than 500 dollars in it.

View attachment 1407948
Reminds me of this good video test of handheld pistol vs pcc. As soon as you have stabilization (and ideally a non moving red dot) there are huge advantages over a pistol at close range but especially mid to long range.

Reminds me of this good video test of handheld pistol vs pcc. As soon as you have stabilization (and ideally a non moving red dot) there are huge advantages over a pistol at close range but especially mid to long range.

Agreed on those stable points. I've been slinging up and pulling tight with decent results. Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Last Edited:
Extar EP9!!! Yes polymer upper and lower so light but tough as nails. Takes Glock magazines. BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!! American made in Arizona and under $500!! I have two Stribogs but love the Extar!!

I like this guy. It's an ar9. It is a taccom3g bolt and barrel and magnetic delayed recoil in a new frontier armory side charging upper and Glock magazine lower. I used the wrench to cover the serial. And it is fun.

IMG_4452.jpeg

Ruger PC 9 is the best - I have one and it runs perfectly. Ruger has perfected semi-auto rifles (think about how many 10/22s they have made and sold). It is just like a 10/22 but in 9mm which is awesome. I was actually pretty interested in the Henry Homesteader but watched a couple videos and people were having major issues. But then again, how often has Henry made a semi-auto rifle? I'd stick with the guys who have perfected it. I looked at a KelTec sub2000 and had an opportunity to buy one at a super low price but it is a cheap POS. It literally feels like it would last about a week before breaking in half. I know people have had decent experiences with them but I think they are plastic garbage.

Ruger PC 9 is the best - I have one and it runs perfectly. Ruger has perfected semi-auto rifles (think about how many 10/22s they have made and sold). It is just like a 10/22 but in 9mm which is awesome. I was actually pretty interested in the Henry Homesteader but watched a couple videos and people were having major issues. But then again, how often has Henry made a semi-auto rifle? I'd stick with the guys who have perfected it. I looked at a KelTec sub2000 and had an opportunity to buy one at a super low price but it is a cheap POS. It literally feels like it would last about a week before breaking in half. I know people have had decent experiences with them but I think they are plastic garbage.
The Sub2000 is in fact a cheap POS, but it will take a lot of abuse.

I have to agree and say the Extar EP9. Also comes in an EP45 model. The 9mm comes in at only 4 lbs, and as such at that weight not subject to having to be SBR stamped. Cost is just over $450. First 100 rounds had zero fails. Its going to be a fun pistol!

EDIT- I'm thinking the EP45 suppressed with a laser would make a pretty good pistol for hogs.

Last Edited:
The Ruger is way too heavy for my liking. I prefer a AR based PCC and mine is setup for speed steel competitions. Having said that, if someone already owned a 10/22 and wanted to get into the PCC game, a Ruger PC9 would be a logical choice given that it's basically a 10/22 on steroids.

I have to agree and say the Extar EP9. Also comes in an EP45 model. The 9mm comes in at only 4 lbs, and as such at that weight not subject to having to be SBR stamped. Cost is just over $450. First 100 rounds had zero fails. Its going to be a fun pistol!
You better double check that "not subject to being sbr stamped".

Unless of course 16" barrel, grey area of being a member of an organization that is currently part of a recent injunction, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top