JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weight is not an exemption. ATF used several braced Glocks for example in their training and said they have to stamps. 16" barrel, member of injunction (atf may not honor this who knows), are the only way around needing a stamp that I know of if it has a brace.

Weight is not an exemption. ATF used several braced Glocks for example in their training and said they have to stamps. 16" barrel, member of injunction (atf may not honor this who knows), are the only way around needing a stamp that I know of if it has a brace.
I'm pretty sure if you follow the rule sheet (yes, I know) to the letter, you'll be in compliance. Just to be sure, it might be a good idea to join the FPC. This whole thing will be overturned, but it will take time. If you're unsure, take the brace off for a few more months.

I'm pretty sure if you follow the rule sheet (yes, I know) to the letter, you'll be in compliance. Just to be sure, it might be a good idea to join the FPC. This whole thing will be overturned, but it will take time. If you're unsure, take the brace off for a few more months.
What rule sheet? If you mean the scorecard that is not part of the final rule. The rule uses subjective criteria and ATF uses a "holistic" method to determine whether it's a brace or not. Fe if it has surface area that allows it to be mounted to the shoulder. Manufacturer advertising, what the community is doing such as YouTube videos.

What rule sheet? If you mean the scorecard that is not part of the final rule. The rule uses subjective criteria and ATF uses a "holistic" method to determine whether it's a brace or not. Fe if it has surface area that allows it to be mounted to the shoulder. Manufacturer advertising, what the community is doing such as YouTube videos.
I refer you to the "(I know)" in my statement. That scorecard was the last remotely followable set of rules. The vague BS they produced in response to Congress is useless. When a rule is impractically vague, the leniency falls to the citizen. My suggestion goes well beyond that. Again, if you don't like that, either remove the brace or join FPC. Or of course get a stock and a stamp.

The Extar EP9 does not 'need' a stock/brace as it is, but it does weigh only 4 lbs (dry magazine w/ no accessories on the pistol). This is one of the problem with government (over)regulations. They add to them and add to them again and in the end no one understands wtf they are even saying.

Not looking to break the law but asking questions about the meaning of the '4lb rule'. Clear as mud.

I refer you to the "(I know)" in my statement. That scorecard was the last remotely followable set of rules. The vague BS they produced in response to Congress is useless. When a rule is impractically vague, the leniency falls to the citizen. My suggestion goes well beyond that. Again, if you don't like that, either remove the brace or join FPC. Or of course get a stock and a stamp.
Agree with your conclusion about joining FPC, GOA, or SAF who currently have injunctions or stamp or remove. Just want to make sure people aren't confused. The scorecard is gone. It has no relevance at all to the final rule or ATF's enforcement of it.

Officially, it is removed, but the new "spec" is unusable.
Yep, it is unusable by design. ATF will decide whether it's a brace or not (Cough cough, bullbubblegum!). Really anything with surface area that could be used to shoulder the weapon could be interpreted by them as an illegal brace according to the final rule. Seems they purposely made it vague to give them maximum leeway to prosecute someone if they want to.

The Extar EP9 does not 'need' a stock/brace as it is, but it does weigh only 4 lbs (dry magazine w/ no accessories on the pistol). This is one of the problem with government (over)regulations. They add to them and add to them again and in the end no one understands wtf they are even saying.

Not looking to break the law but asking questions about the meaning of the '4lb rule'. Clear as mud.
As sold currently (no brace), it can be used without a stamp. You put a brace on it and you have an illegal sbr (except as noted above 16" barrel, stamped, member of an injunction).

Yep, it is unusable by design. ATF will decide whether it's a brace or not (Cough cough, bullbubblegum!). Really anything with surface area that could be used to shoulder the weapon could be interpreted by them as an illegal brace according to the final rule. Seems they purposely made it vague to give them maximum leeway to prosecute someone if they want to.
That's going to come back on them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top