JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For 10mm, it's hard to beat the G20. If you just want a good introduction into Glocks and caliber is not as important, the G19 is a great place to start. I understand one of the mods here may even have a Gen 5 G19 for sale in the classifieds :rolleyes:

Couple points to elaborate on. I've had a couple Springfield XDm and still have one which I love. I have an XDs also. So the whole Glock thing isn't because I need one. I'm really only considering one because of the potential, one time only discount to veterans.

A lot of the reason I'm even thinking of getting something other than a 29 is the finger grooves. They fit ok but I don't like the look of them. Petty right?

Bryan

Couple points to elaborate on. I've had a couple Springfield XDm and still have one which I love. I have an XDs also. So the whole Glock thing isn't because I need one. I'm really only considering one because of the potential, one time only discount to veterans.

A lot of the reason I'm even thinking of getting something other than a 29 is the finger grooves. They fit ok but I don't like the look of them. Petty right?

Bryan
Hey thats the whole point of picking out a gat is user preference and comfort levels. As stated before you can remove or reduce the grooves as you see fit or you can also opt for an 80% lower. Not to mention just about everyone stipples the grips these days so form fitting with a Glock isn't too complex if need be. Tons of youtube tutorials out there if needed. I'd say since you are going for a discount then this is a pretty viable option unless another good sale on a piece creeps up. Good luck with your final decision and most importantly enjoy your purchase!

Don't own a Glock, but even from my vantage point, I can see that G19 is the quintessential Glock.
Probably the best-selling double stack pistol in the World.
Go with a Gen 5 G19

Last Edited:
BTW regarding the factory trigger... make sure you don't get one with a New York trigger... you know about that right? What are they 10-12lb? Not good. Shoots like a revolver but with more rounds available.

No need to wait for a break in period with the factory trigger... you can polish the appropriate surfaces very easily. Then a bit of polyflour grease and it will be great. There are a few connectors available that are worth trying out if you want to get down to a 3lb pull. But I would stay away from messing with the trigger springs... you can throw the whole system out of killter. :rolleyes:

Tan ones are pretty popular.

th?id=OIP.V3Eui51pHkEZtPB4i6-nxAHaFj&w=288&h=216&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

Think you have to go try them. My friends love their G19 but the grips are too small in my hands. I kept pinching the meat of my right hand pushing mags home. For me, it'd be a G17 which my understanding is the closest in the current line to the original design. OP: Thank you for your service and I'm glad Glock is giving you this little reward for it.

Think you have to go try them. My friends love their G19 but the grips are too small in my hands. I kept pinching the meat of my right hand pushing mags home. For me, it'd be a G17 which my understanding is the closest in the current line to the original design. OP: Thank you for your service and I'm glad Glock is giving you this little reward for it.
G19X then.
A 19 with a 17 grip.
At least that's what my Glocked up friends say.

G19, gen 4 or 5... personally, I'd go for the gen 5, I'm not crazy about finger grooves on semi autos. G19's are superb personal defense sidearms.

I think the quintessential G19 is the gen 2, pre-rail, pre-finger grooves. A natural pointer and darn accurate to boot... can snuff out a candle at 20 paces without touching the candle...

If the finger grooves are whats stopping you, 1/2 hour with a flat file followed with a soldering iron will fix that.
Otherwise, gen 5 G19 all the way.
Been contemplating swapping my gen 3 for one.

If you want a 29 you should get one. You can trade or sell it if you don't like it. And this is just going to start the love affair anyway, so it really doesn't matter which one you start with :)

I've got a few Glocks around. I can easily recommend a 19 (9mm) or a 23 if you want a .40 cal round. I think their mid frame size is one of the nicest sized, best overall pistol frames I've wrapped my hands around. Either will accept the larger magazines from their full sized family members (G17, G22 respectively). One of mine is a 23 with a 9mm conversion barrel. With 19 mags it functions flawlessly with 9mm, and has threads on it for my muzzle accessory I shoot on several of my guns. Nice to be able to shoot both calibers. Good luck, have fun, and thanks for your service.

G19, gen 4 or 5... personally, I'd go for the gen 5, I'm not crazy about finger grooves on semi autos. G19's are superb personal defense sidearms.

I think the quintessential G19 is the gen 2, pre-rail, pre-finger grooves. A natural pointer and darn accurate to boot... can snuff out a candle at 20 paces without touching the candle...

I shot a grouse in the eye with mine. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top