JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sent one of my 8 baffle integrals in to Otter Creek to get tested. I got to tell you that's some nerve racking suspense. You dont know whether the stuff youve been working on for years is comparable to cans that have been out there for a while. Im not trying to compete against the giants as far as sales go but I'd like to do a few hundred a year. Its my retirement plan when I finally decide to retire from whatever it is I do for a living. No ones going to buy those if the numbers arent good though. If its loud its not a good silencer, right? I think theyre quiet and Ive shot them against a lot of others but my hearing can't tell whether my design is good enough to push out onto the market in the numbers I think I can handle.None of this is rocket science but there is a lot to it. I use the same core in everything I build.
Anyway immense thanks to the folks at Otter Creek Labs. Good people. . What they told me was

"It sounded really really good.
Beats probably 90% of the 22 cans we've ever tested. It's definitely in the top 5-10% of performers
It does really well controlling first round pop also. Way better than most. You can't really hear a first round pop "

Looking at the numbers it seems to be nearly shot for shot identical to a Dead Air Mask with less FRP. That's for the 8 baffle unit. I also do 9,10, and 12 baffle units. I know dont get too greedy.
I just feel good about this. Its a validation of a long time learning what works and what doesn't and of long hours behind the lathe and mill.

IMG_2877.jpg IMG_2854.jpg IMG_2307.JPG

Last Edited:
It'd just be one for now.

Length TBD...
That just gave me an idea. Im going to prototype an AR barrel nut to ASR thread adapter. That would be a barrel nut that also is a rear cap for 1.375-24 threads so form 1 can builders can make their own integral .AR 22's.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top