JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you don't plan on it being a primary carry, get the model that started it all and grab a 17.

A G29 would not necessarily be my first choice to ease into Glockworld. A G20 would be my choice in 10mm, especially for a woods gun. 15+1, easier recoil impulse, longer sight radius. But its not a bad gun, if you *want* a 29, get one.

If you think you may want an EDC Glock, a 26 or 19 (or if you like .40 the 27 or 23) would be the way to go.

I'm surprised nobody said this one yet LOL YOU NEED TO GET A GLOCK 7 HEHEHE 220px-Die_hard.jpg

After further review, I think I would entertain the Gen 5.
I would get over the notch for the other benefits of the Gen 5.

The notch is stupid, but it was on early generation guns too. Gen 1 / 2 guns had the notch. The gen 5 gun outwardly looks like a gen 2 with ambi slide stops and better texture. Maybe gen 6 guns will appear like gen 1 guns :D whats old is new again. Continuing this trend, Betty White will be posing nude for Playboy this fall :eek::D

When the G19 came out I went to a gun shop in Anchorage when I lived in Alaska to handle it. It fit my hand and pointed better than any handgun I ever hefted, even my beloved Browning HP. I eventually bought a Gen 4 with night sites and have never regretted that purchase. Easy to carry, easy to shoot well, and absolutely dependable. If I were looking now I'd get a G19 Gen5. You WILL like it and that's an order ;)

I have the 20 and 29 neither are unfriendly recoil wise to shoot I hand load all but my carry ammo, they also shoot 40 nicely with no issues a very good investment either way.

I just purchased my first Glock a few months back. I went with the Glock 19 Gen 4. Can't complain so far. She's ate everything I fed her and I upgraded the sights with some Trijicon hd and they are fantastic.

I've seen that Glock is letting veterans buy a single pistol at their Blue label program prices. I've never bought a Glock because I've always felt they were too ugly to be interested in. With the Gen 4 and Gen 5 they've finally styled them so they kinda look cool. I've wanted a 10mm for a long time. So I'm considering a Glock 29. I'm second guessing buying a 29 for a first Glock though. Maybe a Gen 5 19 might be a better choice for my first sip of koolaide? What do you all with more Glock experience think?

Bryan
I have 3 Glock pistols all in 9 mm. One is a stock model 17, one is a model 17 long slide and one is a model 19. While I own a 10 mm in a different brand, I did that because I wanted the 10 mm to be heavier than a Glock would be, and I thought that would help mitigate recoil because it is all steel.

The Glocks are OK. They don't fit my hand as well as something like a Sig Saur. The Sigs are wonderful handguns. They just cost a lot more than a Glock but usually have smaller magazine capacity. I guess you get what you pay for.

If you could make your way up to the Clackamas County Sheriff's range just off of SE 82 near Clackamas Town Center, I believe you could rent some fire arms there and find out what you like or don't like.

I've been pretty much through all of the 4 pages of this thread, and haven't found a description of what purpose this Glock recommendation is supposed to fit.

Can the OP describe what's the anticipated use of this? So far it's like saying, "what kind of DeWalt should I get?"

What are ya gonna DO with it?

Actually the glock I've carried and shot the most is a 36. I liked the single stack grip, sized right for my hand and I Liked the 45 more than the 40s. My first glock was a 19 and I've owned several and prefer the 19/23 size to the compact 26/27 For shooting.

I've been pretty much through all of the 4 pages of this thread, and haven't found a description of what purpose this Glock recommendation is supposed to fit.

Can the OP describe what's the anticipated use of this? So far it's like saying, "what kind of DeWalt should I get?"

Lol I think he's just scared he might like it .
Lol kinda like jumping out of a plane your scared to death but then you keep doing it and just call it a EXTREME SPORT LOL

Shoot it! I don't have a need I'm trying to fill. So targets, paper, steel, and tin, chrono bragging, collecting. If I do end up with a 29 it could see use as a concealed carry. Possible hunting sidearm. Pleasure of reloading. I think that about covers it.

Bryan

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads