JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen that Glock is letting veterans buy a single pistol at their Blue label program prices. I've never bought a Glock because I've always felt they were too ugly to be interested in. With the Gen 4 and Gen 5 they've finally styled them so they kinda look cool. I've wanted a 10mm for a long time. So I'm considering a Glock 29. I'm second guessing buying a 29 for a first Glock though. Maybe a Gen 5 19 might be a better choice for my first sip of koolaide? What do you all with more Glock experience think?

Bryan

Ok ok, I'll elaborate. You really can't go wrong choosing a Glock. But the 29 is gonna be a handful with full house 10mm loads. For that caliber, I would go G20. But if you just want to get your feet wet, the G17 or the G19 are a great choice. Cough, I have a Gen 5 19 for sale in the classifieds, cough. ;)

It will depend on what caliber YOU want. My very first gun and Glock is a 21sf gen 3. I cant get rid of it because its been fantastic. I didnt buy another Glock until this year and can add that the G19 is an excellent shooter. Ive shot every caliber of Glock except the .45 GAP and ive had zero issues with any. Just listen to your heart :cool:.

If you were closer I'd be happy to let you "try before you buy". I have one or two Glocks laying around. ;)

My first Glock was a Gen 2 G19... it was a fabulous shooter and very dependable. Easy to carry. Just the right size physically and in a mild caliber. My first 9mm after a HighPower. Gave it to my daughter when she went to work for Idaho parole dept. I miss it soooooo much!

My second Glock is a Gen 4 G34 9mm for practical pistol match. Good gun but I don't like it as well as I did the G19.

My first Glock was a Gen 2 G19... it was a fabulous shooter and very dependable. Easy to carry. Just the right size physically and in a mild caliber. My first 9mm after a HighPower. Gave it to my daughter when she went to work for Idaho parole dept. I miss it soooooo much!

My second Glock is a Gen 4 G34 9mm for practical pistol match. Good gun but I don't like it as well as I did the G19.

I adore my 34. :D

One of these days I will add a 10mm Glock to the rotation. For now, mine are all 9mm. 2 17's, a 19, a 26 and a 34.

The Glock 19 X is a mix of two 19 upper and a 17 lower .so you get the short barrel and slide of the 19 and the grip of a 17
I have one and I like it and it comes with one 17 round mag and two 19 round mag's but of course I put extension on some of my mags now they hold 22 Rounds MVIMG_20180331_153417.jpg MVIMG_20180331_153343.jpg IMG_20180612_174115.jpg

I've seen that Glock is letting veterans buy a single pistol at their Blue label program prices. I've never bought a Glock because I've always felt they were too ugly to be interested in. With the Gen 4 and Gen 5 they've finally styled them so they kinda look cool. I've wanted a 10mm for a long time. So I'm considering a Glock 29. I'm second guessing buying a 29 for a first Glock though. Maybe a Gen 5 19 might be a better choice for my first sip of koolaide? What do you all with more Glock experience think?

Bryan

Good starter Glock would be either a G19 or G17 or G23 if you want 40S&W. Either Gen4 or 5 will suffice, just a preference between finger grooves or not. They wont have the best factory trigger feel to them but after you put some rounds down range its gets broken in nicely. Not to mention the myriad of aftermarket parts available and accessories.

If you do get a Vets discount let me know as i've only recently heard about this program and im curious how it works. You can opt for a Gen3 since they'll be lower in price or look for a good deal on a Gen4, I found recently my preference is for the Gen4 as I enjoy the finger groves vs Gen5 flush. Just make sure it fits you nicely and feels comfy to carry along with meeting your attire for CC needs.

Last, enjoy having a very easy to clean and maintain gat. its a sigh of relief whenever I have to clean a Glock because the whole thing is just so simple to get in and clean every nook and cranny. Plus its a "just werkz" platform that you get a confident feel with the more you shoot it. It will eat pretty much every brand out there steel,aluminum,brass,reloads (in spec) and does so very reliably.

Last Edited:
20 x 2, 29, 34, 17 x 2

I would choose your caliber first before choosing your Glock.

I personally prefer Gen 4 over the Gen 3 or 5, I don't want a ambi slide lock and I like the gen 4 grip better than the Gen 3

Good starter Glock would be either a G19 or G17 or G23 if you want 40S&W. Either Gen4 or 5 will suffice, just a preference between finger grooves or not. They wont have the best factory trigger feel to them but after you put some rounds down range its gets broken in nicely. Not to mention the myriad of aftermarket parts available and accessories.

If you do get a Vets discount let me know as i've only recently heard about this program and im curious how it works. You can opt for a Gen3 since they'll be lower in price or look for a good deal on a Gen4, I found recently my preference is for the Gen4 as I enjoy the finger groves vs Gen5 flush. Just make sure it fits you nicely and feels comfy to carry along with meeting your attire for CC needs.
If you don't like the finger groves they are easy to remove I removed one of them on my gen 4 Glock 22 left the top one I like it removed the bottom one and cut the bottom for mag strip MVIMG_20180103_102544.jpg

Bryan
I have smaller hands, insert Trump joke here, so the 19 fits my hands very nicely even with the finger groves. Without finger groves a 17 is very nice, as was my 20 without the groves. The spacing on the groves for the full size models is for a larger hand I believe. The 2nd gen, and 5th gen are great shooters as they don't have no stinking groves. The gen 4 groves aren't as bad as the 3s so take that as a consideration. I tried liking the new 5th gen 19, but the put a huge freaking cut out in the front were my ring finger and pinky sit. It's rather annoying, in my opinion. The 29 is about the size of the 19, but with a larger overall grip circumference and slide width. The 20 is a great gun, I had a lot of fun shooting it and pushing the envelope on hand loads. If you were to only get one Glock, which is hard for me to type, the 20 would not be a bad choice. Hopefully it will be followed by a few other models. They are kind of like Pringles, you can't just have one.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top