JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently bought my 6th NEBO LED light, the smaller ones (AA cells) for the nightstand, car, etc. ALL of them have had problems such as the red won't work, the white light won't stay on, or the light won't turn on at all. I sent one back to the company at my expense and they said they've had problems and sent me a new one. That eventually quit too. I asked them again to repair/send me a new one and they said sure but it's on my dime. I have two questions: Has anyone else had such issues and what reliable company making these LED lights? :mad:Thank you!

Six? You have more patience than I do. I have a Nebo I got as a gift and I pretty much figure it to be more of a "throw away" than a long term light.

Brands I recommend:
Surefire
Streamlight
OLight
Fenix
Nitecore

Some people have had good luck with cheaper Amazon lights but I personally prefer quality and am willing to pay for it.

Even the lights you can get from Costco are more reliable!

Hope these lists help you. I would for sure consider the list posted above.

Ooof, NEBO is a known low-quality manufacturer.

The issues you spoke of also occurred to my NEBO light (not sure which one you have, but mine also does red or white light).

If you need white light and red light function in a mini-area light format, I would suggest something like the Fenix CL20R as a good alternative to a NEBO (well, at least the NEBO I have). The Fenix has both a neutral white LED and red LED function and is much brighter than a NEBO.

Brands I recommend:
Surefire
Streamlight
OLight
Fenix
Nitecore

Some people have had good luck with cheaper Amazon lights but I personally prefer quality and am willing to pay for it.

Those are all great options, I personally own both the Fenix and Streamlight (my Streamlight isn't so good).
I really like 2 Thrunite flashlights I have, the TC20N and Ti4N. They have proven extremely durable and both use neutral white LEDs.

I also like to use USA-made Mag-Lites for my firearms. Mag-Lite doesn't have anything like a NEBO though, but sometimes I like to throw an American company my dollars, and their latest LED lights are actually very good.

I actually have an old Nitrolon that I converted from the twist style to a clicky switch. I found the clicky online, don't remember the brand and it's been well-used and even run over by a Class C motor home. Still works fine. I think the idea that click style switches fail with any kind of regularity is false.

I have several good lights ($40-$90 range) and a couple really good light ($200 range).
I have bought 3 Nebos lights over the years. Each one died within a short period of time.
My Fenix, Olight, Eagle Tac, Spark and Nitecore lights are still running.

Here is my oldest LED light ( TEKNA 30+ years old)
OwHpKaj.jpg

Here is my oldest light (Eveready 2 Cell Vulcanite Baby - Circa 1914)
AsC7rXQ.jpg

And it still works!
cQy18Bq.jpg

A bunch of old lights including a Homart Copper (Circa 1940s)
The newest in this batch is from the 1960s, and yes, they all work
The Black & Chrome one is a Winchester- Olin from 1949
CTdDWrp.jpg

Last Edited:
Six? You have more patience than I do. I have a Nebo I got as a gift and I pretty much figure it to be more of a "throw away" than a long term light.

Brands I recommend:
Surefire
Streamlight
OLight
Fenix
Nitecore

^^^^^^ This^^ me too. Bought one and it worked about a month. They took another month to replace it and it crapped out too. Don't have to hit me more than that to smarten up!

surefire 6p with malkoff single output conversion.
try to find something more reliable.

My 6P with Malkoff conversion is no longer....not because it isn't working,
but after a decade, someone entered my truck and grabbed it. So sad,
as it was like my F-150 of my 2 dozen flashlights

I recently bought my 6th NEBO LED light, the smaller ones (AA cells) for the nightstand, car, etc. ALL of them have had problems such as the red won't work, the white light won't stay on, or the light won't turn on at all. I sent one back to the company at my expense and they said they've had problems and sent me a new one. That eventually quit too. I asked them again to repair/send me a new one and they said sure but it's on my dime. I have two questions: Has anyone else had such issues and what reliable company making these LED lights? :mad:Thank you!

Yes - I have two of them - the 2K and 12K - both of them SUCK! I have submitted a request for help and got nothing. Myself and a bunch of veterans will never promote their trash product or customer service again! They need to make this right. I don't have a lot of faith AT ALL!!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews