JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought prepper friends would know best.

a couple of flahslight questions

1. My wife wants a new flashlight for her car.

Current one is not bright enough. Older LED 3 "C" cell, probably 250 lumens

Looking for something brighter, maybe a couple different modes. Can handle being store for a long time and possibly used as a club if needed, but that is low in priority.

If possible, something that ran "AA" or "AAA" as I store more of those - or some kind of rechargeable.

Can something quality be had for less than $50

2. What do you use as your "have everywhere" flashlights. I was buying those really cheap amazon ones that take "AA", but would like something better and brighter. One the good side I never cared if I lost those.

If possible, Amazon links for your recommendation would be great.

thanks

Lol. I have those AA ones off Amazon everywhere.

Not in the car though. I put crank up flashlights in the vehicles as they don't get checked for batteries ever. Though if your better at checking batteries, I'd say go for the 10-12 Amazon flashlights that take a 18650.

I don't do cheap lights. I run Surefire, Streamlight and Fenix only. But Surefire and Fenix have some offerings in that $50 range. Worth a look.

I don't do cheap lights. I run Surefire, Streamlight and Fenix only. But Surefire and Fenix have some offerings in that $50 range. Worth a look.
I agree. I keep a small fenix in my leatherman wave side pocket. Fits like it was made to go there. Another brand I like is nite core. The last one is a 1000 lumen, and came with battery and charger. It also has an adapter so you can charge in the car. Cost $56.00

I have some crank flashlights in the emergency bags in the trunk, but mostly looking for a more regular use light next to seat. Usually gets pulled out to look for stuff in the car at night, but other stuff too.

She used it for trick or treating and decided it wasn't bright enough

Those little amazom ones have been great, not uncommon to have 2-3 end up in same place cuz I can just grab and leave.

Lol. I have those AA ones off Amazon everywhere.

Not in the car though. I put crank up flashlights in the vehicles as they don't get checked for batteries ever. Though if your better at checking batteries, I'd say go for the 10-12 Amazon flashlights that take a 18650.

I could probably do more, but probably not more than $100. Any models you recommend?

cool, looking that up

I agree. I keep a small fenix in my leatherman wave side pocket. Fits like it was made to go there. Another brand I like is nite core. The last one is a 1000 lumen, and came with battery and charger. It also has an adapter so you can charge in the car. Cost $56.00

oh and another issue. I do have some cheap amazon 18650 lights (not sure brand), but they seem to get hot after a bit. Would prefer something that keeps cool, assuming battery and light would last longer

size isn't an issue, its for sitting in map pocket. Current one is size of 3 cell maglite and she just wants brighter. Looks like might be a good choice

I run a Fenix LD-41, it's 960 lumens and runs on "AA"s... Four of 'em... not the smallest flashlight, but sure as heck serviceable....

Being a former RC nut. I recommend getting good batteries as well.

Tenergy is my go to for 18650s.

I like armytek. I have used the major brands, and some in the same price point/quality as armytek, and they are still the most durable by far in that price range, surpassed by surefire only IMO. I mounted their Viking to my AR for 500 rds and it was fine.

flashlight • r/flashlight

Last Edited:
I have a flashlight in my bag but I use my headlamp that runs on a couple AAA batteries 95% of the time. Has adjustable brightness and was under $40.

I keep a led mini mag led that runs on 2 AAA batteries and is plenty bright for everything I've ever used it for and was $20.

3 D mag light for my house flashlight.

Last Edited:
sample1.jpeg

Transport

Cigarette lighter rechargeable, lives in there.

For the car, a headlamp is best. Leaves both hands free to do stuff. You can also hold it in your hand if you just need to check something quick. Have you ever had to hold the light in your mouth because you needed both hands? Don't cheap out, check the run times on the lights you are looking at. Plenty out there with AA or AAA. I run the lithium batteries as they don't leak and last longer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top