JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah and although not a very good source from but CNN and I've seen it other places this could be three years or more so... yeah.
Not going to get much better for a while yet.

I went to the grocery store today and all the shelves were fully stocked, meat shelves and freezers were packed and they even had TP $6.00 for a dozen rolls. Not much of a shortage here other than beef seemed a bit high. Plenty of White Claw 12-packs in the cooler as well. Looks like my Guinea Hens get to live a bit longer...maybe. :mad:

I went to the grocery store today and all the shelves were fully stocked, meat shelves and freezers were packed and they even had TP $6.00 for a dozen rolls. Not much of a shortage here other than beef seemed a bit high. Plenty of White Claw 12-packs in the cooler as well. Looks like my Guinea Hens get to live a bit longer...maybe. :mad:
maybe your experience but a while back we went to get some meat and it was sky high. I didn't look today for I just got back form our grocery store but think Chicken breasts are like Sky high... Toilet paper is still mainly gone and if there is any it's sky high. Two stored I went to had no alcohol rubbing alcohol.
A roast I saw not long ago a decent one was like $80.00
and oh ok just re-read what you said you can't kill your hens to sell that it???
sorry then but still that's what I seen lol.

maybe your experience but a while back we went to get some meat and it was sky high. I didn't look today for I just got back form our grocery store but think Chicken breasts are like Sky high... Toilet paper is still mainly gone and if there is any it's sky high. Two stored I went to had no alcohol rubbing alcohol.
A roast I saw not long ago a decent one was like $80.00
and oh ok just re-read what you said you can't kill your hens to sell that it???
sorry then but still that's what I seen lol.
What I meant about the Guinea Hens is they are so irritating that I was going to butcher them ;)

We are in Idaho and things are going a bit different here than in other places.

What is so irritating about them??
They appear to have two modes, fear and hunger. I have treated them and my other chickens with great kindness, but the Guineas act like I'm there to murder them, and they get the rest of the flock all jacked up when it's not necessary. On top of that, they never shut up...squawking all the time.

Shortages and high demand = higher prices.
What makes it hurt is seeing thousands of gallons of milk going down the drain or vegetables rotting in the field.

One way you can keep the food coming is by signing up with one of your local organic farms. Those guys sign up customers. You pay a fee. They deliver a box of food to your door, or allow you to pick yours up, on the average of once a week. New sign ups have been booming lately. They are called 'CSA' farms, which stands for Community Supported Agriculture. There are organic, and non-organic versions of these farms, and many are family-owned.

I just picked up 180# of ham, bacon, chops, etc. from our 300# pig that I bought locally for $180. With processing and curing that comes to about $3/lb. My half of a steer gets picked up next week for about $4/lb, cut and wrapped.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top