JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see a pattern here...
She was carrying a concealed firearm at school
her gun accidentally fired in a faculty bathroom on Thursday
the bullet struck a toilet and caused it to esplode
She was struck by fragments from a bullet and a porcelain toilet
A similar incident occurred in 2009 in the bathroom of a Carl's Jr. restaurant in Centerville, Utah.
A customer's concealed weapon accidentally fell out of a holster, hit the floor and fired, shattering the toilet.

The brand of toilet was probably "Plebe" (American Standard).. she thought it was mocking her.
true story

the-more-you-know.jpg

Gosh, so when a person has a concealed weapon permit they just instantly become perfect???? Well as a Police Officer with over 22 years of experience I can say I am aware of a few A/D by Police Officers. I would wager there are about as many A/D by Officers as by people who have concealed weapon permits. None of us are perfect. I would rather have my kids attend a school where there is an armed person in the school than a so called no gun zone school. Oh that's right there are armed employees at my kids school oops......... My bad.

Now here's a real plebe at a school.. and he's an occifer a the law!

But I hear you and agree.. professionals have/do ND's as often or more so, on a normalized basis, than regular citizens.

Gosh, so when a person has a concealed weapon permit they just instantly become perfect???? Well as a Police Officer with over 22 years of experience I can say I am aware of a few A/D by Police Officers. I would wager there are about as many A/D by Officers as by people who have concealed weapon permits. None of us are perfect. I would rather have my kids attend a school where there is an armed person in the school than a so called no gun zone school. Oh that's right there are armed employees at my kids school oops......... My bad.
I CC, and am an RSO. I don't believe in accidental discharges.
Drop your gun on the floor and it fires? How did it come to hit the ground in a condition to fire?
I hold myself accountable for what happens to/with my firearm at all times.
When out-and-about, I up my situational awareness by several notches.
I dropped an M-16 once in 1975, in boot camp.
There's just no excuse. Unless, "the gun, it just went off!"

So true Monstermetal. I have been involved in three gun matches at my club and seen SWAT officers (more than one) have an AD/ND during a pistol shoot ... all were .45 acp pistols. I had a couple with my S&W 3913 9mm and these experiences are the main reason I went to revolvers and only carry the semiauto in an ankle holster on occasion as a 'NY reload'.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews