JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just watching the Mythbusters show right now. They trying out some gun myths such as can you curve a bullet's trajectory path? Can a bullets sound when fired (sonic boom) break glass? Anyone else catch this?

Just finished watching, pretty good! Too bad they couldnt prove it was real. I think the original idea for bending bullets came from a movie called "Eqilibrium" (probably not spelling it right) but it was a good movie also. I think better then "Wanted".

If they could prove it was real, the would be able to break Newtons first law of motion. The force that makes the bullet "curve" stops when it leaves the barrel.

No external lateral force = no lateral movement

Yea for science!

Ok, I'm a geek... :s0114:

The force that makes the bullet "curve" stops when it leaves the barrel.

No external lateral force = no lateral movement

Yea for science!

Er, no, the "force" that makes a curved trajectory is gravity, and it works on the projectile starting the moment it leaves the barrel.

Or maybe we are talking about different things?

If this is a rerun and the same show I saw a while back, what they were trying to do was some James Bond nonsense where they curve a bullet with a magnet, which they could not do (I think the bullet was exposed to the magnet's field so fleetingly it had no measurable effect). Of course, in theory, it could be done - but the size of the magnet would be enormous.

No, this wasnt one of the James Bond shows, this was a brand new episode and the myth of the curved bullet was from the newer movie called Wanted. The guys in the movie could curve a bullet by throwing their arm around as they fired the gun. Pretty cool in the movie, but not so cool when science is applied!

Thats pretty cool, three Boring posts in a row! I didnt notice that until you mentioned it timber! Shows how Boring it really is out here, everyone watching tv!

Er, no, the "force" that makes a curved trajectory is gravity, and it works on the projectile starting the moment it leaves the barrel.

Or maybe we are talking about different things?

Yeah, we are talking about different things. Gravity is cool. F = GMm/R²

I was talking about sideways forces that make a bullet curve sideways around things and hit people hiding behind cover. (That's why I said "lateral". :s0114:)

It was in reference to a movie where people were had MAD SKILLZORZ and could make bullets go where ever they wanted by throwing their gun arm around... :s0077:

hmm...

Last Edited:
Just finished watching, pretty good! Too bad they couldnt prove it was real. I think the original idea for bending bullets came from a movie called "Eqilibrium" (probably not spelling it right) but it was a good movie also. I think better then "Wanted".

That is a great movie which many people dont really know about. It was more of science and probability of a gunfight (still crazy, but cool) instead of Wanteds' ability to use the Jedi force :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top