JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When you hear the Left making statements that US leads the world in mass shootings, they are usually quoting a study done by University of Alabama associate professor, Adam Lankford.

Well our old friend, John Lott, has something to say about this. It seems that Mr. Lankford based his opinion on the supposed fact that there were 90 mass shootings in the US since 1966, compared to 202 in the rest of the world. Well John Lott found over 3000 mass shootings in the rest of the world! Moreover, it appears to date that Mr Lankford has been unwilling to share his data and exactly how he got it. :rolleyes:

Link to the article here...
The Myth That the US Leads the World in Mass Shootings – freedombunker

The Dominant Narrative

"Let's be clear," President Obama said in 2015 after a shooting in North Carolina. "At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries."

Sen. Harry Reid echoed this sentiment. "The United States is the only advanced country where this kind of mass violence occurs."

Media headlines have left little doubt that the US leads the world in mass shootings. In fact, according to CNN, it isn't even close.

And John Stossel did a recent report on this if you would rather watch the video...

A LOT of what the main stream tells people is either heavily slanted or out right lying. Problem is so much of the country now gets the "news" from only sources that lie to them. Tell them something is not as they have been told and they do not believe you.

A LOT of what the main stream tells people is either heavily slanted or out right lying. Problem is so much of the country now gets the "news" from only sources that lie to them. Tell them something is not as they have been told and they do not believe you.

REPORTING is just about dead in our country. The media didn't make this study up but they damn sure didn't spend more than a half second verifying and researching it. The study wasn't peer reviewed and the author would neither release his data set or explain how he came to his conclusions. The only way this study should have been reported on is with a big fat disclaimer at the very beginning explaining that it couldn't be verified. But the media has a narrative to push. :rolleyes:

REPORTING is just about dead in our country. The media didn't make this study up but they damn sure didn't spend more than a half second verifying and researching it. The study wasn't peer reviewed and the author would neither release his data set or explain how he came to his conclusions. The only way this study should have been reported on is with a big fat disclaimer at the very beginning explaining that it couldn't be verified. But the media has a narrative to push. :rolleyes:

Yep, "news" is a lot like "Stats". I long ago learned you can make stats say anything you want. "News" is now the same. If a news source has a slant or agenda they will put out any story that supports that. When caught making stuff up, or sharing stuff that is made up, they either ignore it, or days later make some quick mention and end it. So what they said 24/7 for days is all people remember. This has never been easier to see than our current POTUS. Guy has been in public eye decades. :30 after he gets elected the press all claim he is a long time racist. Amazing to watch.

I am on a huge Christian forum with a lot of European members. Oddly enough, every single European Christian on there that I've come across is very liberal and very ignorant.

I can't imagine the level of propaganda and brainwashing that they are subjected to.

Anyhoo, this woman was posting about planning a trip to America for vacation ("holiday") and was very concerned about visiting such a violent and gun ridden land. Said she didn't feel comfortable around guns, even when it was the police that had them.

A bunch of other people chimed in and said she ran a high risk of sexual assault since Trump became president and no one respects women anymore in America.

I mean, really, really ignorant and hateful comments.

I don't recall the specific area she was hoping to visit, but I do remember finding some statistics that showed that she had a far, far greater chance of being a victim of sexual assault in her home country than she was in America. I also showed that the overall crime rate where she was visiting was also lower than where she currently lived.

Apparently, due to mass muslim immigration, sexaul assaults and violent crimes have skyrocketed the past ten years in Europe.

I also recall finding a list of all of the countries and their relative murder rates. I don't think the US was even in the top 50....

To be honest I haven't really done any research into this topic.
Usually when interested in something , I'll look up information and compare the data to see what jives and what can get discounted or at least taken with a grain two of salt.
So that in mind get a large box of Morton salt , 'cause as I said I haven't really look into this topic...

The world is a dangerous place , there will be people out there , that will want to harm or kill you , even if guns are available or not.
Some places in the world are more dangerous than others , just like some actions are more dangerous than others.

Both of the above statements border on a "Well Duh" , kind of simplicity...yet both are large , broad truths.
We all should know this and keep this knowledge in mind when we are out and about in the world.

Simplicity is very close to boring in the eyes of the media and to those with an agenda , so simple basic "truths" , ideas , notions , actions etc...are often overlooked , underplayed and ignored , by those folks.
Simplicity doesn't get you ratings or headlines....

So if you want to sell an idea , get ratings , headlines , be in the spotlight...then simplicity is not your friend...you need to run with the opposite...meet Extremes.

Take any example of a shooting and tweak your wording , expressions , use the most graphic of images , use only the experts and data that shows the information that you want to "sell" , or even out right lie , just to get your point out there...

Do this often enough and the extreme example , will then be seen as the normal example.

One downside to this is that one can get caught up in the myth that one created.
Like a snowball in a old Warner Brothers cartoon , it just keep getting bigger and faster as it rolls along ,swallowing up any real ideas and truth , so that they are buried under the snow of half truths , exaggerations , lies , stereotypes and extremes.

Such is the case with guns and gun owners here in America.
Andy

No matter our ranking on the world stage of mass shootings they are rare as far as gun deaths go. Less than 1% of gun deaths occur in mass shootings. Even the anti-gun media reports this stat. If the law makers are truly concerned about reducing gun deaths they should focus on ways to tackle suicides by gun that don't involve infringing on our Constitutional rights. But maybe they really aren't concerned about gun deaths and just want to restrict gun rights. You can be the judges of that.

Edit: Maybe lawmakers are using Dave Ramsey's snowball method to reduce gun deaths. Start with smallest cause of gun deaths first (mass shootings and accidental shootings) then move on to criminals and then lastly tackle suicides. There won't be any guns left by the time they get there.

Last Edited:
I don't recall the specific area she was hoping to visit, but I do remember finding some statistics that showed that she had a far, far greater chance of being a victim of sexual assault in her home country than she was in America. I also showed that the overall crime rate where she was visiting was also lower than where she currently lived.

Apparently, due to mass muslim immigration, sexaul assaults and violent crimes have skyrocketed the past ten years in Europe.

I also recall finding a list of all of the countries and their relative murder rates. I don't think the US was even in the top 50....

Are you going to reveal the country of which this unfortunate person was a citizen?

Well, the UK has had three mass shootings, so I guess that makes it the #1, right? According to CNN, that is.

The first two, Hungerford and Dunblane were preventable, insofar as the police authority had issued the necessary firearms certificates to a known anti-social psychopath with a history reaching back into childhood of torturing animals to death [Michael Ryan] and then to a known pedophile and social misfit [Thomas Hamilton]. The third case, Derek Bird, was completely out of the blue, but he told lies to the police issuing authority in order to justify his ownership of the firearms he used to kill twelve people.

Couple this ^ with this...

Estimated number of civilian guns per capita by country - Wikipedia

The problem is the media is portraying themselves as scientists when they provide data. :s0112: OR, the public believes them to be providing data as scientists would. :confused: Scientists question everything. I question everything! I've been accused of having a "negative" attitude, but I'm only looking for a different side of everything so I can have the full picture. I wish more people would do that.

Violent crimes are down drastically in the last 25 years...5 facts about crime in the U.S.
FT_19.01.03_CrimeTrends1.png

Sadly perception is reality:
FT_19.01.03_CrimeTrends_perception.png

Couple this ^ with this...

Estimated number of civilian guns per capita by country - Wikipedia

The problem is the media is portraying themselves as scientists when they provide data. :s0112: OR, the public believes them to be providing data as scientists would. :confused: Scientists question everything. I question everything! I've been accused of having a "negative" attitude, but I'm only looking for a different side of everything so I can have the full picture. I wish more people would do that.
Unfortunately, "critical thinking" is in short supply in a growing population...

I wonder how much of the decrease is a result of people simply not reporting things? I know when I lived in Arizona, there were so many instances of little things that most people I knew didn't even bother calling the police about vandalism and theft. Cops were hostile to people calling them for anything less than a shooting or stabbing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top