JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to get shot by a pez gun. o_O
There really were Pez guns. They apparently don't make them anymore :rolleyes: but there were semi-autos and space guns. I believe they were all double action only.
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg
2885548779_92d0fbafe8.jpg
s-l400.jpg
Candy_shooters_web.jpg

I spent some quality time today at the range with a few AR's including a couple I built in 7.62x39. One is a 16" carbine that will put 10 rounds of wolf military classic into 1.5" all day long. The other is a 11.5" pistol build that is not far behind the other in accuracy with the same ammo. I have just started getting serious about loading the 7.62x39 and am looking forward to see just how accurate they can be with hanloads. Can't see getting an SKS when they cost as much as these AR builds. I still am on the hunt for the right AK though:cool:.

And yet people love these old cars. They pay big money for them, fix them up, hot-rod them, drive them in parades. When I was young, cars from the 50's were just old junkers that college kids bought for cheap transportation (kind of like the SKS in the 90's).

My first street bike 20 years ago was an old Kawasaki KZ650. It was a fun old cafe racer. I road it a lot and really enjoyed it. How does it compare performance-wise with a modern sport bike? I'm sure you sport bike enthusiasts out there are spewing your coffee over that one! Modern bikes have twice the horsepower with half the weight, no comparison at all, but I still loved that old bike. I kind of wish I still had it. Maybe someday I'll get nostalgic enough to find another.

This thread makes me miss my first semi auto, I want to say first rifle too. My SKS. I don't even have any pictures of it. Makes me sad. I sold it to a guy that ended up blowing it up with an out of battery using duckbill mags. He naturally tried blaming me. Should have kept it. I think I paid something like $100 for it back then. Shame.

The awesome thing about firearms, is like we have. The spirited discussion of firearms. Unlike the handgun debate between manufacturers of handguns, they could go on for decades of the discussions.

The purpose of this particular thread that I created was to have a discussion about the SKS, it is probably one of the few rifles I would consider myself to be a near expert level of understanding, Having spent the majority of my adult life around them simply because the love of the firearm. But that said I have access ( prior to the tragic boat accident:rolleyes:) to the 7.62 x 39, would be the AK-47 import, the SKS Yugo, and the CZ 527, in this caliber. What I found was the Yugo, is slightly more accurate , most likely due to the slightly longer stock, and barrel. I find that the AK-47 is about as accurate as the Chinese SKS, but was slightly less accurate than the Yugo itself. Overall the CZ 527, 7.62x39 far exceeded the accuracy in any other counterpart that I could find.
I do not think anyone would argue that the 5.56 round, has the ability to stay more accurate for longer periods of time. If you are to take the same round side-by-side 7.62x39. And the 5.56. In almost any platform, the 5.56 should perform better. Even the CZ 527, comes in .223 and there is better in accuracy than the same rifle in 7.62x39.

I think the misconception is, that by saying the SKS is more accurate than the AK, is more likely due to its use, then the design itself. Why there are differences obviously in the way they are designed. The SKS has the ability to be more stable when held. I think any kind of carbine, rifle is ideal for many aspects, such as brush hunting etc. And why the counterparts vary, the round itself.(7.62x39 ) seems do quite well, for what it was intended. At the time the AK and SKS, were designed. They were not designed to compete with modern firearms that we see today better in 5.56. So we need to take in consideration at the time these were designed how well did they fare against modern firearms at the time. At the time they were quite durable. This also can be seen in black powder rifles, at the time some were designed to be highly accurate, extremely durable and combat capable. Today it would be more difficult to use black powder rifles and compare them to modern firearms with higher capacities, and all little niceties it come with the modern firearm

In closing, I own a 1967 Ford F250, with a very strong capable 352 motor. It won't win any drag races, it probably will haul any more than a modern truck probably less. But is more reliable, and solid than anything else built today. It is why these old trucks are sought after because of their durability, and strength. They are not a modern truck. They were never built to compete with modern trucks. So we look at the SKS, and other variants, of their time. We need to understand what the rifle at the time was created to do and did it very well. But technology has made things different not necessarily better. But different.

Might depend on the SKS too. I like the Yugoslavian ones.

View attachment 527923

I like the yugos also .They do weigh more and are all milled parts the wood stock is heaver than the Chinese stock . The yugos with the threaded barrel makes it easy to add the number of us parts neaded.. Ive seen countless modified SKS that are not 922r compliant. Mine is built to comply .

I like my Norinco Model M. It takes AK mags and the build seems better than the AK. The only downer is the stock that I got, lots of putty. It is accurate for a carbine and should last for my great grandchildren to use. I also bought a Norinco AKM with a thumbhole stock at the same time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top