JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder how much of the decrease is a result of people simply not reporting things? I know when I lived in Arizona, there were so many instances of little things that most people I knew didn't even bother calling the police about vandalism and theft. Cops were hostile to people calling them for anything less than a shooting or stabbing.
Excellent point and that's exactly what the Pew study showed:
Most crimes are not reported to police, and most reported crimes are not solved. In its annual survey, BJS asks victims of crime whether they reported that crime to police. In 2017, only 45% of violent crimes tracked by BJS were reported to police. And in the much more common category of property crime, only about a third (36%) were reported. There are a variety of reasons crime might not be reported, including a feeling that police "would not or could not do anything to help" or that the crime is "a personal issue or too trivial to report," according to BJS.

In regards to stats we can call BS on their stats and they can do the same with ours, if we produce any. I would think to most diehard 2A supporters stats won't matter. Even if you showed me stats I believed that proved gun deaths would be cut by 90% if they took away our guns, I would say it dosen't matter. I don't want our rights infringed no matter how many lives it would save. Sounds selfish to antis I'm sure, but that is likely reality for many of us here. If we can convince them of stats that make firearms look better than their stats, great. If we can't then it's just a matter of who can get the most votes. Unfortunately we haven't been winning that battle lately.

Legislating away the 2A rights of their law-abiding constituents rather than dealing out harsh penalties to criminals who commit crimes with guns is a cowardly way to deal with the problem. That said, the political agenda may be more long term and more sinister with the elites and politically powerful gaining more control over the sheeple and restraining their ability to resist.

North Korea has zero mass shootings.. but plenty a genocide.
you be da judge
You were lied to by the government.
Mainstream media is a great source of misinformation and disinformation. Colleges and universities come in at a close second.
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

I think the US government leads the world in 'mass shootings'.
Here's what Douglas Macarthur said of what the US war on Korea, which killed around 10 million.

"I shrink—I shrink with a horror that I cannot express in words—at this continuous slaughter of men in Korea," MacArthur lamented during the hearings.

"The war in Korea has already almost destroyed that nation of 20,000,000 people. I have never seen such devastation. I have seen, I guess, as much blood and disaster as any living man, and it just curdled my stomach the last time I was there. After I looked at the wreckage and those thousands of women and children and everything, I vomited … If you go on indefinitely, you are perpetuating a slaughter such as I have never heard of in the history of mankind."

When I grew up terrorism and mass shootings were rare. All of a sudden there are frequent mass shootings and whole armies of terrorists called Al Quaeda and ISIS attack nations. So what seems to be the primary purposes of these terrorists?
In Syria ISIS terrorists were trained, paid, supported, etc. by the US and the Western empire in an attempt to topple another mid-east country (that was of no threat to the US).
All over the world terrorism seems to be used to further the expansion of the Western Oligarch empire.

In the US it seems the agenda is to disarm America. Many of these mass shootings are clearly 'false flag'. Mass shootings are just domestic terrorism perpetrated on the America people.

It seems to me that Terrorism is a tool used by the few to manipulate the many and expand a cruel empire.

When I grew up terrorism and mass shootings were rare. All of a sudden there are frequent mass shootings and whole armies of terrorists called Al Quaeda and ISIS attack nations. So what seems to be the primary purposes of these terrorists?
In Syria ISIS terrorists were trained, paid, supported, etc. by the US and the Western empire in an attempt to topple another mid-east country (that was of no threat to the US).
All over the world terrorism seems to be used to further the expansion of the Western Oligarch empire.

In the US it seems the agenda is to disarm America. Many of these mass shootings are clearly 'false flag'. Mass shootings are just domestic terrorism perpetrated on the America people.

It seems to me that Terrorism is a tool used by the few to manipulate the many and expand a cruel empire.
Another ignore. Use of "oligarch"

OK, I'll take your word for it.
Sorry. I tried to delete what I wrote and instead it posted. I haven't mastered using the Forum yet. I didn't mean to sound snarky. An explanation seemed too long. Here it is anyway:

The point was that it seems we've all been completely lied to about almost everything, in the media and our education. Our misconceptions about North Korea illustrate this. Both North and South Korea killed many thought to be sympathizers. The South under US command killed around 200,000 South Koreans.

Much publicity has been made of North Korea killing US prisoners of war. The South under US command did the same.

During the war the US carpet-bombed and flattened every North Korean city, predominantly killing women and children. When throngs of Northern civilians fled the fighting the US mowed them all down, repeatedly, mostly women and children. The killing by the US was the real slaughter. America lost 54,000 casualties. Korea lost 10 million people, the majority North Korean. And since then the West has continued a war of sanctions to cripple the North. With that in mind it's easier to see why the North has pursued nuclear weapons. It had been ravaged by the US.

Since the war and most recently, accusations of the North being worse than Nazi's with concentration camps and so on appear to be outright propaganda with no evidence. These are the lies we're being told daily - if you follow the media.

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."
William J. Casey, Director of CIA, 1981-1987.

Obama legalized propaganda in 2013 through the National Defense Authorization Act. This is why there's been an unending stream of fake news from American media since.

Another ignore. Use of "oligarch"
You dismissed my post without examination or discussion of content, but because of the term oligarch.

Hi. You must be a moderator. I'm new to the Forums. Can you help me 'get with the program'?
Can you offer me a list of terms, code-words, ideas, or comments that are banned on this site and result in another Dismiss'? I'm still getting used to the 'newspeak'.

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance". Albert Einstein

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top