JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't buy it. I stayed strong and resisted the temptation.
what you talking bout willis? When you started this thread over a month ago wanting to buy one, now get your bubblegum out there and go get that thing....

Seriously though, do hold out for the exact one you want... find a dealer that will special order it. I really like the Colts bluing on their steel guns myself, Colts are great pistols you will not regret it if you bought one tomorrow.

I dropped into the local Sportsman's Warehouse today and discovered to my delight that they stock Colts! They didn't have the Competition model I'm thinking of, but they did have the Gold Cup Match. I got to hold it for a few minutes and really liked the heft of a full size 1911. It's strange, but I've never held a full size 1911 before, just the commander and smaller sizes.

It's not much larger, but the added weight made it feel all the more impressive, like a real gun, in my view. I didn't do much more than one or two dry fires. I was enjoying the feel of it too much to check anything like the fit or features. I only had a couple minutes.

I didn't buy it. I stayed strong and resisted the temptation.

But at least I know where to go when I'm ready.

The target guns are works of art and that heavy weight is to keep the gun on target. Shooting target ammo the recoil is so mild it becomes a pleasure to shoot and your score will really increase. No they are not made for every day carry because they are heavy but they are made for every day accuracy.;)

what you talking bout willis? When you started this thread over a month ago wanting to buy one, now get your bubblegum out there and go get that thing....
My birthday is tomorrow, but I'm sticking to the original plan and waiting for the first week in March when the stars, and my finances, will be properly aligned.

And, yeah, I'm getting the blued competition model.

Now I've got a bit of a dilemma.

For my birthday, the Missus and the Kid are combining forces to purchase a nice leather belt and holster combination. They've found a leather holster maker of great skill (savoyleather.com) who will utilize any artwork I develop and incorporate it into the holster.

They are leaving it up to me as to which size 1911 the holster will be sized to. I have a couple commanders and the Defender. The Defender is out because I only wear it concealed and something like this holster is going to be for open carry only. That leaves the commanders.

Unless I get a full size, which, of course I am planning to do in a few weeks.

The thing is, I'm not sure the Colt Competition model will look as good in a leather holster as would some other model with traditional wood grips. I know my S&W e-series will look amazing in a leather holster, because I've already got one for it.

I suppose I could buy after market wood grips that would solve the problem. Aaaaah! Now they've got me second guessing the firearm because of the dern holster!

Most likely I'll stick with my plan and get some after market grips.

The thing is, I'm not sure the Colt Competition model will look as good in a leather holster as would some other model with traditional wood grips.

o_O

get the holster for the new Colt.... trust me it will look fine even for the most highfalutin summer bbq's.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about the BBQ angle.

I was being sarcastic about the bbq part...
the rest is true though. Get the new holster for the new gun... Im sure you already have holsters for your commanders.

kind of want a mustang too. just to round it out but already have a p938
Yeah, I already have a P238, which is the Sig equivalent to a Mustang, but I sure like the name "Mustang". It sounds a lot sexier than "P238".

the names better but p938 9mm version is pretty sweet. don't know if I need both

20170908_055006.jpg

the names better but p938 9mm version is pretty sweet. don't know if I need both

View attachment 426459
I went back and forth between the 238 and 938. In the end, I decided for a pocket pistol the slightly smaller p238 made more sense, and if I were going to get anything in 9mm, I'd want a larger pistol with a bigger grip. Haven't gone that route yet, as I'm trying to keep my ammunition needs simple: .380 and .45 ACP.

I have the 238 too and the 938 is about a quarter inch longer and the recoil not all that different. I totally understand trying to keep the calibers simple though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top