JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do they even make that any more? This nuclear family is not looking to adopt.

I dunno! Mines a 70 Series! Aren't you buying a 70 Series already?
This isn't my pistol!

5D4610DE-4F79-47F1-A366-3709B60C1BB8.jpeg

Last Edited:
I've got to chime in here about "My Next Colt".....
most of the last (nearly) 50 years has been focused on that very activity.

My 2nd Colt was a spectacular Series 70 Gold Cup Electroless Nickle, received as a personal gift from a special person in my life. I cherished and shot that over the decades that followed. It became the template for what I came to expect/demand in my 1911s. Many versions and variations followed to supplement but never replace that '2nd Colt'......

I did come to shoot it less often the last few decades, as to have some sense of preservation while enjoying ever more fully an expanding market of such design.

Recently I celebrated a greater pleasure than 'my next Colt' or even 'my 2nd Colt'...
I gave it to my #1 son.....who as former Marine seemed to know just what it was all about.

I continue to enjoy the features of Colt in many flavors. And I'm always sure 'my NEXT Colt' will bring ever greater pleasures.

Good luck in your own search. And remember....without photos here it never happened....;)

Last Edited:
I have a DW CCO.

My favorite 1911 configuration.
Commander slide on an officers frame.

same... I just got mine this year. Been drooling for years and finally pulled the trigger. The size is really the ultimate for EDC and the commander length slide gives it a better sight radius for its class... handles like a full size.

I don't know about the fire, yours might be pre-CZ...
Owners manual says 3-500rds break in and to expect sluggish slide and FTF, and thats what I'm experiencing. Tightest fitting 1911 Ive every experienced... I should be past 500 next range session.

My DW CBOB was new 2010; had to replace night sights last year.
Fit/accuracy remains impressive after thousands of rounds. Not sure that 'first 500 are tight' doesn't really extend beyond a ways.

Now & then run across someone who insists I try theirs out; The 1/2 dozen random DW 45s that I've handled have all been excellent.

Fit/accuracy remains impressive after thousands of rounds. Not sure that 'first 500 are tight' doesn't really extend beyond a ways.
oh the fit will definitely extend well past 500, the manual says up to 500 to work out feed issues as part of breaking in the fit. Before I fired it the slide sometimes wouldn't return to batter without a nudge and I've had some FTFs when loading it.

not to hijack Sigmadogs thread... so here is a link to a Colt CCO called the Wiley Clapp. Would really round out your Colt collection nicely
Wiley Clapp Pistols

O9840WC_left.png

How about one in uniform? ;)
As a civilian, it seems a bit presumptuous to covet the military style, as much as I admire it. Besides, I really prefer the upswept grip safety as it allows me to get a slightly higher grip and prevents hammer-bite.

I'll admit it would be awesome to have an actual military 1911 from the upcoming release for sale through the CMP, but I'd probably never (or very rarely) shoot it.

Naw, I'm happy going for the civilian models with their modifications (upswept beaver tail, undercut trigger guard, fiber-optic and adjustable sights, etc.).

I've been eyeballing that "Colt Competition" as potential 'next Colt' except can't seem to find any live in person to fondle/drool over.
Yeah, it would be nice to fondle uh... I mean hold one for a bit before committing*

*I predict this line will find it's way into "Member posts taken out of content". Stomper, you know what to do...

While I appreciate Colts, and all my 1911s have been Colts, I had a chance to experience a friend's Smith & Wesson 1911 purchase earlier this year. Fantastic fit and finish. Very tight but Glass smooth and NO issues out of the box and accuracy boredered on unbelievable !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top