JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first gun was a 10-22 and it was $189 otd, stainless/synthetic. Nothing to write home about, but it was "The Everyman's Rifle" and it was my introduction to Firearms, why did I ever let it go. :(

I originally went in to buy the wood/blued carbine on sale at bimart for $159($169 otd), and I saw the stainless/synthetic was on sale to, I figured it was worth the extra $20.

In 2011 I traded an old DeWalt air compressor that had been left behind by a previous owner of my house....for an all metal, stainless 10-22 in an Archangel stock (I added the cheap red dot).... Oh, and this'll make you want to cry...
....he threw in an un-opened 5000 round case of CCI Blazer!**
folded right.jpg
Then, at the height of the "black rifle insanity" a guy from Seattle offered me $350 + his SR22p w/crimson trace... so I sold it. (I paid the $20 FFL fee)

**at that time Black Sheep was selling cases for $120 (2.4 cents a round)

1974, gun store/pawn shop. slightly used Ruger M77 bolt action .270 Win with an equally nice Leopold gold ring 2X7 scope. $199 total. Tack driver and still my go to hunting rifle.

A couple of years later I slipped in the snow up in the Wallowa Mountains right as we were leaving from elk hunting. I had that rifle over my shoulder and I smashed that scope to smithereens. Like a dumb kid which I was I stopped by Leopold on my way home and asked them if they could fix it.

They took it and two weeks later I got what had to be a brand new one in the mail. I think the guy I talked to felt sorry for me. They sure made a customer for life out of me though.

Cheers

I had that rifle over my shoulder and I smashed that scope to smithereens. Like a dumb kid which I was I stopped by Leopold on my way home and asked them if they could fix it.

They took it and two weeks later I got what had to be a brand new one in the mail. I think the guy I talked to felt sorry for me. They sure made a customer for life out of me though.

That is the typical Leupold response to customer scope problems. That's why I'm a customer for life, too.

My first new gun? From Maury's on 82nd about 1992, a Para-Ordnance P12-45 for I believe $569. Kinda wish I'd not sold that gun...

That is the typical Leupold response to customer scope problems. That's why I'm a customer for life, too.

My first new gun? From Maury's on 82nd about 1992, a Para-Ordnance P12-45 for I believe $569. Kinda wish I'd not sold that gun...

"Maury's "
Damn I forgot all about them. They were about 3 or 4 blocks south of where the old original Fosters Sptg Goods used to be :)
And thinking back to then I still smell the fresh donuts from the big long donut line that used to be at the Fred Meyers at the intersection near 82nd and Foster.................. Long time ago, it was :(

$129.99 (stainless/synthetic) I was in college and ate crappy for a month so I could afford it. Friend from the east coast was shocked I could buy it at the same store I could get chips and beer (Bi-Mart).

7-16-1967, I puchased a new H&R 22 cal Revolver which included a nice leather holster, and a Box of 22 long rifle bullets.
Revolver $28.87
Box of bullets N/C
Sales Tax 1.15
Total $30. 02

Not my first new gun, Just one that I have the original reciept for.
And I still have the gun and holster.

Good Shooting

Lindy

My first 10/22 was bought @ the old Ft. Dalles Gunshop in The Dalles, Ore. Probably around 1973 for the ungodly price of $69!!:D.......hardest choice those days was whether to buy Longs or Long Rifle ammo for it.....o_O

1983 was when we got my dad a Ruger 10/22 from Sears. $80. I still have it, my favorite rifle, has thousands upon thousands of rounds through it and stil works great.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews