JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spell check won't get you successfully past improper word usage. Don't believe me?
Check the "whether"(sic) outside, and then "right"(sic) us up a description of it!

I 100% agree. This is my point. If you aren't intelligent enough to use the right word in the proper sense, how can the rest of your argument be expected to have any validity and/or intelligent thought behind it? Follow?

Much of the arguments and discussions we have 'round here involve common sense.
And I can show you volumes or reams of examples of people that write VERY well, and don't have a lick-o-sense, common or otherwise, if the subjects they write about, and the opions they express are any indication.

Also 100% agree.

I'll add that the ones with terrible spelling and grammar are typically those who make irrational and flippant remarks. Just a trend I noticed.

On that note, if you expect someone to take you seriously, and not view you as a "redneck bubba" or "hillbilly", I'd recommend brushing up on your English.

Do you actually think that most of us give half a rat's *** if you, Mr. Cityslicker, consider us "redneck bubbas" or hillbillies"?

I 100% agree. This is my point. If you aren't intelligent enough to use the right word in the proper sense, how can the rest of your argument be expected to have any validity and/or intelligent thought behind it? Follow?
I not only follow it, I recognize it for the elitism it expresses.
Don't confuse education for intelligence, or the ability to write one's opinion with it's validity.
We went over that. I didn't invent the term "educated idiot," but I can give you plenty of examples of them. ;)

I know a couple of VERY intelligent people that are math whizzes.
They don't write for beans, but it ain't cuz their(sic) knot(sic) smart!
Now, I've butchered numerous words and sentences in the last few posts, but you seem to have understood their intent.

So I'll leave this now, and we can get back to the invalid and brutally wrong opinions of those that would kill NRA members because they disagree with gun rights and the 2ndA.
Despite the fact that they write well.

Do you actually think that most of us give half a rat's *** if you, Mr. Cityslicker, consider us "redneck bubbas" or hillbillies"?

I never stated that "you" were redneck bubbas or hillbillies. I am referring to the anti-gun crowd's perception of the "gun nuts/extremists/fetishists".

As for "Mr. Cityslicker", you are making the same mistake that most political arguments (both sides) make: Making accusations without the facts.

I never stated that "you" were redneck bubbas or hillbillies. I am referring to the anti-gun crowd's perception of the "gun nuts/extremists/fetishists".

As for "Mr. Cityslicker", you are making the same mistake that most political arguments (both sides) make: Making accusations without the facts.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck good possibility it's a duck

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck good possibility it's a duck

Because I know how to properly use the English language I'm an elitist cityslicker?

Good to see the community ostracizing their own for trying to point out a simple opportunity to strengthen their argument. It's no wonder why we're losing this fight.

For what it's worth, I have a very liberal acquaintance that would condemn for spelling ability alone. I would classify him as an elitist know it all that feels he alone is qualified to make the rules for the rest of us.
Not making reference to anyone here just that this type of person is out there and happy to let you know that your not qualified to do much of anything without supervision.

Because I know how to properly use the English language I'm an elitist cityslicker?

Good to see the community ostracizing their own for trying to point out a simple opportunity to strengthen their argument. It's no wonder why we're losing this fight.

did I point you out, there were two comments (elitist cityslicker and redneck bubbas or hillbillies) seems you are the one feeling threatened. So if the shoe fits as the saying goes.

At this point we need EVERY pro-gun voice for the upcoming battle over gun rights.
Which means we can't afford your brand of alienation any more than that expressed against you.
Or is your contention still that their opinions aren't valid because they don't write them very well?

Many of the posts (certainly the ones I have made) pointing out your elitism have been examples of us defending the less well-written (of which there are many) in the face of your onslaught of criticism over their spelling, word usage and punctuation, (of which there are few(er).
What are you suggesting, that they give up their lives and go back to school for a remedial writing course?

If me calling you an elitist costs us one voice, and your rants against less-than-stellar writing costs us 10 voices, which is the larger loss?

Maybe it's time we you took a lesson from the leftist ideologues about tolerance.
Or have you already?

How about we don't lose any voices, and stop attacking members for their literary shortcomings?
Just because they aren't English majors doesn't mean their opinions about the RtKBA aren't valid, or that they don't vote.

At this point we need EVERY pro-gun voice for the upcoming battle over gun rights.
Which means we can't afford your brand of alienation any more than that expressed against you.
Or is your contention still that their opinions aren't valid because they don't write them very well?

Many of the posts (certainly the ones I have made) pointing out your elitism have been examples of us defending the less well-written (of which there are many) in the face of your onslaught of criticism over their spelling, word usage and punctuation, (of which there are few(er).
What are you suggesting, that they give up their lives and go back to school for a remedial writing course?

If me calling you an elitist costs us one voice, and your rants against less-than-stellar writing costs us 10 voices, which is the larger loss?

Maybe it's time we you took a lesson from the leftist ideologues about tolerance.
Or have you already?

How about we don't lose any voices, and stop attacking members for their literary shortcomings?
Just because they aren't English majors doesn't mean their opinions about the RtKBA aren't valid, or that they don't vote.

I will admit that my original argument significantly lacked tact. There is no question about that. I was, honestly, not trying to attack anybody, I was simply trying to state that if the argument is made in a more polished form, it will be taken more seriously.

The onslaught of attacks against me for being an elitist and a cityslicker are what prompted me to go on the defensive.

People who try to impress upon you their toughness or intelligence are compensating or trying to get one over on you.

So basically, who cares?

Wasn't buying it anyway.

I apologize if my education and intelligence offends you. Just consider yourself lucky that there are people, who are in support of the Second Amendment, that are intelligent enough to translate hillbilly-ese into intelligible language.

I must add, with the advent of technology, there is a little thing called spell check. There is absolutely no excuse.

Its always the ones who feel the need to say "I'm intelligent", or "I have a big.." I've found those people are actually the most insecure. Go home troll. Come back when you have something productive to add to the thread.

You are the one ostracizing people here for their spelling etc...
You have also taken this thread far from the OP's point.
IMHO your distraction is not intellectual nor welcome.
The constitution makes no distinction regarding the validity of any persons views based on their education,
Or the girth of their fingers. So why should you discredit someone's perspective because they fat fingered
A word here or there? Unless of course your goal was to take this thread down a rabbit trail away from it.

I am a fairly well educated person. Plenty of college, and DPSST certificates all over the place as well as a decade of electrical engineering under my belt. I'm happy to be considered a 'Redneck'.
I believe you owe many here an apology.

Oh, and I'm sorry for any glitches in my post. I'm making it from my tiny phone with small buttons and a notoriously bad auto complete.
Hope my point came through clear.

I am sick of seeing leftist, anti-gun crusaders saying that we (gun owners and advocates) are uninformed, unintelligent hicks.

Friend, they are going to say that no matter who and what you actually are. Read, "Rules for Radicals". A major tactic/strategy is to isolate, and ridicule your opponent. All the correct grammar and punctuation will avail you little to nothing. The left is rife with "mouth breathers" as well, hell they openly recruit them because its EASY to be a leftist... They make people comfortable with their personal weaknesses.

Know your enemy.

I apologize if my education and intelligence offends you. Just consider yourself lucky that there are people, who are in support of the Second Amendment, that are intelligent enough to translate hillbilly-ese into intelligible language.

I must add, with the advent of technology, there is a little thing called spell check. There is absolutely no excuse.

You do sound elitist.. as an elitist I can detect fellow travelers.. what you fail to realize is the horrific publick screwl system that has trashed the latent abilities of otherwise intelligent, reasoned, capable people. I know a fellow like this who is quite eloquent in speech but can't write worth a darn

Friend, they are going to say that no matter who and what you actually are. Read, "Rules for Radicals". A major tactic/strategy is to isolate, and ridicule your opponent. All the correct grammar and punctuation will avail you little to nothing. The left is rife with "mouth breathers" as well, hell they openly recruit them because its EASY to be a leftist... They make people comfortable with their personal weaknesses.

Know your enemy.

Ad Hominem attack is their favorite tool. It works on low information "citizens".. and we see it here as on every forum

There is a big difference between 'low information citizens', and someone who may cluster up a sentence or word here or there, would you not agree? ;-)

Yes, also I truly do not care about a man's intelligence (over a certain level) or education when judging him as a fellow patriot, I care about what he loves and will fight for. A man's heart, morals and courage is more important in the big picture

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top