JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm offended by his remarks being an NRA member and feel they need to bring charges against him for assault. He made threats against our lives!! I'm sure there are several presidents that are NRA members too, so the feds need to take it seriously.

I'm offended by his remarks being an NRA member and feel they need to bring charges against him for assault. He made threats against our lives!! I'm sure there are several presidents that are NRA members too, so the feds need to take it seriously.

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-l.png

NYC Occupiers making bombs, sawing down shotties. Haha those wacky kids and their silly high-jinks..

Woman of privilege and beau charged with having bomb material in Greenwich Village apartment - NYPOST.com

The privileged daughter of a prominent city doctor, and her boyfriend — a Harvard grad and Occupy Wall Street activist — have been busted for allegedly having a cache of weapons and a bombmaking explosive in their Greenwich Village apartment.

Morgan Gliedman — who is nine-months pregnant — and her baby daddy, Aaron Greene, 31, also had instructions on making bombs, including a stack of papers with a cover sheet titled, "The Terrorist Encyclopedia,'' sources told The Post yesterday.

People who know Greene say his political views are "extreme," the sources said.

Morgan Gliedman, daughter of Realtor Susyn Schops Gliedman and prominent doctor Paul Gliedman, was busted at this building with her OWS boyfriend.

Cops found the stash in the couple's West Ninth Street home Saturday when they went there to look for Gliedman, 27, who was wanted for alleged credit-card theft.

A detective discovered a plastic container with seven grams of a white chemical powder called HMTD, which is so powerful, cops evacuated several nearby buildings.

Police also found a flare launcher, which is a commercial replica of a grenade launcher; a modified 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun; ammo; and nine high-capacity rifle magazines, the sources said.

Cops also allegedly uncovered papers about creating homemade booby traps, improvised submachine guns, and various handwritten notebooks containing chemical formulas.

Who do they think they are Ayers and Dohrn? There are easier ways to become influential, tenured University Professors adored by millions. Well maybe not.

OK sorry back now I had to put a couple more NRA stickers on the back of the pickup. Any good hunter knows nothing works like good bait.

Since insane liberals who hate guns most likely aren't all that great of shots. I figure they can have one free try before I (who can hit a deer while standing at 200 yards) get a chance.

heck Whoppie Goldberg is a life member of the NRA is he suggesting someone shot her?

What does amuse me is that this asshat from Texas (redundant?) used violent remarks in a flippant and woefully irresponsible way.

There are those in this thread who, in protest of the stupid remarks, are doing the exact same thing. It's actually a theme in several threads in the L&P forum. Wet dreams of violence against those who disagree.

It's not manly, tough, reasonable, beneficial, and serves no purpose other than allowing some to feed off of each others percieved anger. And it certainly shows that there are many in this thread that are part of the rhetoric problem, which is pervasive in 2A/firearm discussions.

I think its more like "wet dreams" of taking on those who openly advocate oppression, murder, intimidation, and open violence, not against those who "disagree"... but you're right, the 2A is all about shooting skeet and hunting. What were we thinking? We should all hold hands, hug, grab some man-azz and kiss in the shower 'till the wee hours of the morning.

Wow Direwolf, you make it sound like it's Texas asshats instead of liberal-progressive asshats that are the problem.
So tell me, is progressive asshattery different in Des Moines, Iowa than it is in Texas?
Say it ain't so JoeBiden!
<broken link removed>
The thing missing from the debate so far is anger &#8212; anger that we live in a society where something like the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre can happen and our main concern is not offending the NRA's sensibilities.

That's obscene. Here, then, is my "madder-than-hell-and-I'm-not-going-to-take-it-anymore" program for ending gun violence in America:

&#8226; Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It's badly written, confusing and more trouble than it's worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a "well-regulated militia." We don't make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn't have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

&#8226; Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization's headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that's optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that "prying the guns from their cold, dead hands" thing works for me.

&#8226; Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.
(emphasis mine)

No, what we need is asshat control Direwolf.
And from my perspective, that starts with the progressives that are calling for violence against supporters of the NRA and the 2ndA (and stands behind the 1stA to restrict others' rights to that as well) , regardless of where they reside.

What does amuse me is that this asshat from Texas (redundant?) used violent remarks in a flippant and woefully irresponsible way.

There are those in this thread who, in protest of the stupid remarks, are doing the exact same thing. It's actually a theme in several threads in the L&P forum. Wet dreams of violence against those who disagree.

It's not manly, tough, reasonable, beneficial, and serves no purpose other than allowing some to feed off of each others percieved anger. And it certainly shows that there are many in this thread that are part of the rhetoric problem, which is pervasive in 2A/firearm discussions.

I'll add that the ones with terrible spelling and grammar are typically those who make irrational and flippant remarks. Just a trend I noticed.

On that note, if you expect someone to take you seriously, and not view you as a "redneck bubba" or "hillbilly", I'd recommend brushing up on your English.

I'll add that the ones with terrible spelling and grammar are typically those who make irrational and flippant remarks. Just a trend I noticed.

On that note, if you expect someone to take you seriously, and not view you as a "redneck bubba" or "hillbilly", I'd recommend brushing up on your English.
My my,...
Care for a cup-o-tea with your elitism?

As if the validity of one's opinion is dependent upon their ability to put it on paper or an electronic screen.
Your references to "redneck bubba" or "hillbilly" speak volumes about your disregard for what constitutes "irrational."

Even Hemingway needed an editor before his books went to final print.

The article I quoted above no doubt went through an editor/proofreader as well.
Does that make his statements any less "irrational" or "flippant" in your opinion?

For my money, I'll take a poorly written opinion with validity, over a well written one that advocates trampling my rights any day.
YMMV (depending on who you hang with I suppose)

Yes, poorly expressed opinions are sometimes cumbersome to read. But a person's character shouldn't be judged by how his/her opinions are expressed in a casual setting/forum like this one.

"Redneck bubba" or "hillbilly" indeed.

My my,...

As if the validity of one's opinion is dependent upon their ability to put it on paper or an electronic screen.
Your references to "redneck bubba" or "hillbilly" speak volumes about your disregard for what constitutes "irrational."

Does that make his statements any less "irrational" or "flippant" in your opinion?

For my money, I'll take a poorly written opinion with validity, over a well written one that advocates trampling my rights any day.

Yes, poorly expressed opinions are sometimes cumbersome to read. But a person's character shouldn't be judged by how his/her opinions are expressed in a casual setting/forum like this one.

My point is that if you expect someone to accept your position, you need to be able to show some level of intelligence, and if someone writes (types) in a manner of that of a ten year old, nobody will take you seriously. I was not speaking to you, or anyone in particular, I was speaking in generalizations.

My my,...

I apologize if my education and intelligence offends you. Just consider yourself lucky that there are people, who are in support of the Second Amendment, that are intelligent enough to translate hillbilly-ese into intelligible language.

I must add, with the advent of technology, there is a little thing called spell check. There is absolutely no excuse.

And sometimes "werdz" is mizzspelt to git around them thar peskie filterz... Egghead.

Not referring to swear words. I can understand getting around the "let's make this adult forum non-offensive by limiting harsh language". I've done that myself.

I am referring to when making a point. There are very simple grammatical or spelling errors that, if left unchecked, will make your argument nearly invalid.

I apologize if my education and intelligence offends you. Just consider yourself lucky that there are people, who are in support of the Second Amendment, that are intelligent enough to translate hillbilly-ese into intelligible language.

I must add, with the advent of technology, there is a little thing called spell check. There is absolutely no excuse.
Spell check won't get you successfully past improper word usage. Don't believe me?
Check the "whether"(sic) outside, and then "right"(sic) us up a description of it!

Your intelligence doesn't offend me in the least. But others' lack of ability with the written word doesn't either.
If you want to offend me, you need the right/wrong content.

Much of the arguments and discussions we have 'round here involve common sense.
And I can show you volumes or reams of examples of people that write VERY well, and don't have a lick-o-sense, common or otherwise, if the subjects they write about, and the opinions they express are any indication.

PS. Please note the use of the phrase "lick-o-sense." I'll bet you had no trouble whatsoever translating that example of "hillbilly-ese," all on your own.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top