JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brilliant-jpg.jpg
full.gif

I'm not playing anything. I was being super serious when I posed those question. By any chance was it a .22lr he used? I hear that's the round of choice used by eskimos against polar bears and that anything larger is over kill. Perhaps we need to start a bear defensive pistol thread.
Please, not another one!:rolleyes:

Bear gun threads are like "what oil should I use in my motorcycle?" threads.

Or "tank bag or chest holster" threads.

FWIW - I've never had anything, cougar, bear, dog or mouse, attack me in the woods and I live in the woods. I have seen dogs attack other dogs. I've had dogs chase me when I was riding a bicycle or motorcycle.

I'm new here but gotta say this thread has been a hoot to read ---so I'll keep it going.

I lived in the sticks outside Grants Pass for years and had a couple of housecats. One night I heard what sounded like a cat getting killed so I ran outside, headlight on, butt naked, and came face to face (5 yards) with a mountain lion (no house cat, just a cougar in heat). I didn't need any protection at all because that cat took one look at my naked body and ran like hell, smashed in to a fence post head on, fell on it's butt and ran the other way in mortal terror.
That cat probably still tells it's friends about how it almost got killed by the biggest, and ugliest naked human it's ever seen.

I'm new here but gotta say this thread has been a hoot to read ---so I'll keep it going.

I lived in the sticks outside Grants Pass for years and had a couple of housecats. One night I heard what sounded like a cat getting killed so I ran outside, headlight on, butt naked, and came face to face (5 yards) with a mountain lion (no house cat, just a cougar in heat). I didn't need any protection at all because that cat took one look at my naked body and ran like hell, smashed in to a fence post head on, fell on it's butt and ran the other way in mortal terror.
That cat probably still tells it's friends about how it almost got killed by the biggest, and ugliest naked human it's ever seen.
That's why I have a shotgun with a light/laser on it and buckshot. I sometimes go out to check on stuff because of a noise/etc. after dark, and I don't expect humans, I don't want to be caught unprepared by a surprised bear or cougar. But the only things I have seen have been deer, a porcupine, a racoon, two neighborhood dogs on my porch begging treats (at 2 AM in the morning) and the occasional domestic kitteh of micro size (i.e., NOT a cougar or bobcat or lynx).

Please, not another one!:rolleyes:

Bear gun threads are like "what oil should I use in my motorcycle?" threads.

Or "tank bag or chest holster" threads.

FWIW - I've never had anything, cougar, bear, dog or mouse, attack me in the woods and I live in the woods. I have seen dogs attack other dogs. I've had dogs chase me when I was riding a bicycle or motorcycle.
I spend time in the woods every week. Seen the bubblegum end of bears plenty of times and a few cat tracks. Dogs concern me more than anything. Unholstered but didn't shoot a fiesty dog a couple of months ago. I now carry bear spray as well. I just don't have the heart to put down a dog if I can avoid it

You said, "mine is named Tommy" but didn't specify that your hawk was named Tommy. So I assumed your falconer was banned Tommy since you responded to my comment that it would be cool to be a falconer.
I didn't. @Flopsweat said that. I named the hatchet Molly. Please do endeavor to keep up...

:D

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top