JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
659462003901013a8a2d005056a9545d.gif

I see it like this… there's going to be a story of someone that did something with this caliber or that caliber and killed a (insert whatever you want) with a single shot at some distance.

However, I would rather stack the odds in my favor as much as possible! So if that means that I carry a 460S&W to stop a meth head or a rabid possum it's my choice and I can't be faulted for it.

Can it be overkill? Yep
Do I care? Not really
I rather still be alive and have no injuries

I see it like this… there's going to be a story of someone that did something with this caliber or that caliber and killed a (insert whatever you want) with a single shot at some distance.

However, I would rather stack the odds in my favor as much as possible! So if that means that I carry a 460S&W to stop a meth head or a rabid possum it's my choice and I can't be faulted for it.

Can it be overkill? Yep
Do I care? Not really
I rather still be alive and have no injuries
You carry it all day and don't bubblegum about it...carry on!

Yeah - my 460V is double the weight of my .44 mag 329PD. Guess which one I would be carrying for cougar.

The gun you carry is better than the one you left at home because it was too heavy.
I was just using that as an example based on the fact it's truthfully overkill… but it's whatever a person wants to carry and being able to put rounds on target is the 2nd most important thing after carrying it

6 years and almost a thousand posts later and this thread is still going. Any of you had to defend yourself from a cougar since this thread was created? If so, what caliber? Was it sufficient or were you killed by the kitty?

6 years and almost a thousand posts later and this thread is still going. Any of you had to defend yourself from a cougar since this thread was created? If so, what caliber? Was it sufficient or were you killed by the kitty?
@Ura-Ki had to dispatch a bear that was mauling his brother since you're playing thread cop.

I've had a cougar come onto me in Portland once, does that count?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top