JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Liberals can carry a large bundle of catnip to feed to the nice kitten when it tries to attack, ill feed it 16 rounds of underwood 200 grain hard cast 10mm, thats what my right wing bubblegum carries when i go into the woods. And if its still hungry i usually have reloads.
Yeah, great idea... get the big cat stoned and give it the munchies. Looks like you're the nearest convenience store tho...

I like the spear idea, it will go well with the SO's cape... lol

YOU HAVE MY FULL ATTENTION! Just how much does that little sticker cost? Might be just the thing for walk about in my current condition!
This one I don't see available any longer Boar Spear by Cold Steel

I practice with a pair of these in thehttps://www.coldsteel.com/products/spears/samburu-spear.html front yard nailing 2-liter bottle with the orange pressure caps to get a sonic boom from a direct hit. Waiting for the neighbor's brother to have a few days where we can go visit him in Kauai and help with the local pig problem.

The first thought that popped into my mind was a silly idea: a jacket or shirt of some kind with a light-weight pop-up built in, like the foldable sun shades you can put in your car windshield on a hot day. They're made of thin spring-wire and very thin fabric. It would fold flat on the back of your jacket or shirt, and with a quick pull of a string it would pop up to make you seem twice as big, kind of like one of those lizards or dinosaurs with sail-fins. Maybe have a big peacock eye pattern on it or some such to really freak out a big cat.

If anyone uses my idea, you need to give me credit. :D Might make an interesting Halloween costume too.
That would make a great costume, we should try it out by having one person wear the bacon suit and the second guy in your spring loaded pullover. Add lasers. Cats love lasers!

%2F25%2Fe5d8a3574e7da8b284efe4050809%2Fcat-playing-with-laser-pointer-thinkstockphotos-501833335.jpg

Maybe we just need laser pointers?

Well, if you're out in the woods with someone wearing a bacon suit, you really don't need any protection at all!

That game camera mountain lion kill is downright spooky. I'm thinking that if a hungry mountain lion gets the jump on you, you don't have much chance no matter what you're carrying.

Well, if you're out in the woods with someone wearing a bacon suit, you really don't need any protection at all!

That game camera mountain lion kill is downright spooky. I'm thinking that if a hungry mountain lion gets the jump on you, you don't have much chance no matter what you're carrying.
Exactly just hang a piece of bacon on your hiking partners back pack.and your all good.
UNLESS THE LION IS A MUSLIM

Just a bit of distance may be all anyone needs, but the overarching goal would be to demonstrate the device would protect kevin bacon too when called upon.

Wait, I'm confused. By bacon suit, do you mean one of these:

jKItiP6.jpg

Or one of these:

Bacon_350_091312.jpg

I suspect that either one would guarantee you get eaten by a cougar of one kind or another.

You know what who cares .
Now that I think about it .
The only people that go into the woods with out a gun .VOTE DEMOCRAT .
SO I SAY EAT ALL YOU CAN LION .
ITS A BUFFETT YOU CAN GET MORE IF YOU WANT

You know what who cares .
Now that I think about it .
The only people that go into the woods with out a gun .VOTE DEMOCRAT .
SO I SAY EAT ALL YOU CAN LION .
ITS A BUFFETT YOU CAN GET MORE IF YOU WANT
You may be right. Certainly the mindset we speak of would not dream to make it less difficult to have a successful cougar hunt. I personally am 100% on board for taking a cougar this year and 100% of the meat is going to be pepperoni sticks, because that is a great way to share with people that might just enjoy the pork-like flavor and want to harvest one themselves. I also would like the full body taxidermy so I could put it on casters and wheel it around to scare the pugs and lab.

Here you go .
Oh look it's a mountain lion.then.wow it's a mountain lion.
Then I wish my BOYFRIEND WAS HERE BECAUSE THIS MOUNTAIN LION IS GOING TO KILL ME. big-sur-gq-0716-4.jpg big-sur-gq-0716-8.jpg Julian-Schneyder-2017-Editorial-GQ-Russia-004.jpg

Of these three, what would be your pick for such defense? Right-to-left: Desert Eagle XIX in .44 Magnum, S&W Model 29 in .44 Magnum, and Rossi 972 in .357 Magnum.

threeamigos.jpg

(The Rossi is the one I've been packing all over hill and dale in recent years. Though a "lesser" brand, I've found it an absolutely reliable tack-driver, and have put many hundreds of .38 Special and .357 Magnum rounds through said. The 44s are new as of this year and I could see the 29 filling in. Though the Rossi would still be easier to pack.)

Of these three, what would be your pick for such defense? Right-to-left: Desert Eagle XIX in .44 Magnum, S&W Model 29 in .44 Magnum, and Rossi 972 in .357 Magnum.

View attachment 498352

(The Rossi is the one I've been packing all over hill and dale in recent years. Though a "lesser" brand, I've found it an absolutely reliable tack-driver, and have put many hundreds of .38 Special and .357 Magnum rounds through said. The 44s are new as of this year and I could see the 29 filling in. Though the Rossi would still be easier to pack.)
Model 29 do you feel lucky lion

View attachment 498352

I've always figured that critters that are trying to kill you could well devolve into a grapple so I prefer 3-4" barrels on my revolvers, even for my hunting guns.. but that's just me.

This one I don't see available any longer Boar Spear by Cold Steel

I practice with a pair of these in thehttps://www.coldsteel.com/products/spears/samburu-spear.html front yard nailing 2-liter bottle with the orange pressure caps to get a sonic boom from a direct hit. Waiting for the neighbor's brother to have a few days where we can go visit him in Kauai and help with the local pig problem.
A buddy of mine got the Saburu. It threw very well but it broke the third time he hit the ground with it. The Assegai seems to throw OK without breaking but it's mostly just really long, looks cool and will hold a good edge.

I would bet money these people saw the cat or bear or what ever stalking them before it attacked them .
They just didn't have a way to defend themselves.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top