JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought wally's world was washing their hands of firearms. If REI sold guns they would have to be made of titanium so their customer could carry them and extra princess loads for gentle recoil. They gave up on fly fishing poles many years back, not big on trying new things anymore.
Their salesman/woman are too young to have reliable equipment evaluation skills...they are all just giving a pitch on products. Go around to a couple REIs and ask a salesman questions about a product or ask a few employees at the same store the same questions about a product. They are robots...90% of the time it's the same spiel.

LOL, Yea, Bear Bells work every time......................NOT! Get a season of hikers prancing all over the trails and the predators get so used to those damn bells that they don't even notice any more! Throw rocks or poke with a stick, yea, you first!
Ring the dinner bell COME AND GET IT

Their salesman/woman are too young to have reliable equipment evaluation skills...they are all just giving a pitch on products. Go around to a couple REIs and ask a salesman questions about a product or ask a few employees at the same store the same questions about a product. They are robots...90% of the time it's the same spiel.
90%of them never been to the woods .
It's just a job

A guy in Alabama shot this 820 lb feral hog in his front yard with a .38 spl.

Big_Hog_Killed_39514-1d2e7.jpg

I have had this idea rattling around for years, but not a priority over other things I want to do, so anyone is welcome to run with it and if it brings you riches come back and buy a nice firearm from me and tell me all about it.

I have a coat for bird hunting that has a built in life jacket so I might survive a dip into the frigid waters. I have boots and chaps that snake fangs cannot penetrate, they help me move with less fear through tall grass and muck. Why not have a jacket or a hunting suit that can provide some defence on your behalf if attacked? I am thinking about taking the electrically (battery pack) warmed clothing to the next level and providing some voltage to anything that penetrates the outer layer. It could be wicked expensive compared to what most people would pick up, but maybe only double good stuff from Sitka.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdncache-mauganscorp.netdna-ssl.com%2Fthumbseg%2F479%2F479445-bigthumbnail.jpg

LOL, Yea, Bear Bells work every time......................NOT! Get a season of hikers prancing all over the trails and the predators get so used to those damn bells that they don't even notice any more! Throw rocks or poke with a stick, yea, you first!
This is one of my hiking sticks. Can be purasive even with the sheath on.
ps%3A%2F%2F82dt76sax1xz7nok-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F03%2F95BOASK.jpg

I have had this idea rattling around for years, but not a priority over other things I want to do, so anyone is welcome to run with it and if it brings you riches come back and buy a nice firearm from me and tell me all about it.

I have a coat for bird hunting that has a built in life jacket so I might survive a dip into the frigid waters. I have boots and chaps that snake fangs cannot penetrate, they help me move with less fear through tall grass and muck. Why not have a jacket or a hunting suit that can provide some defence on your behalf if attacked? I am thinking about taking the electrically (battery pack) warmed clothing to the next level and providing some voltage to anything that penetrates the outer layer. It could be wicked expensive compared to what most people would pick up, but maybe only double good stuff from Sitka.
View attachment 498327

LOL, Your thinking to hard, this problem was solved hundreds of years ago, CHAIN MAIL, especially tight weave over boiled leather and silk will protect from just about any thing other then a Bullet or High Explosives! :D:D:D

View attachment 498327
Are you talking about a suit that would protect you from predetor animals.
If so it would be so heavy nobody would use it.
And they already make a thing to keep predetors away from you.
It's called a 44 mag it works on predetors in the CITY and in the wilderness

Even a big knife is better than nothing.
I don't know if any of you have seen what a knife can do .
But a guy or girl with a knife can do lots of damage to someone or some animal.

Liberals can carry a large bundle of catnip to feed to the nice kitten when it tries to attack, ill feed it 16 rounds of underwood 200 grain hard cast 10mm, thats what my right wing bubblegum carries when i go into the woods. And if its still hungry i usually have reloads.

I have this for my "inner Viking"...or for making a "Get off my Lawn" statement....:D
Would work for a Mountain Lion as well , I suppose....
While not properly trained for spear combat...bayonet drills seem to work and "feel" right.
Andy
DSC06421.jpg
9 inch blade , 16 inch head...
Ash Shaft , overall length is 75 inches....

I have a coat for bird hunting that has a built in life jacket so I might survive a dip into the frigid waters.

The first thought that popped into my mind was a silly idea: a jacket or shirt of some kind with a light-weight pop-up built in, like the foldable sun shades you can put in your car windshield on a hot day. They're made of thin spring-wire and very thin fabric. It would fold flat on the back of your jacket or shirt, and with a quick pull of a string it would pop up to make you seem twice as big, kind of like one of those lizards or dinosaurs with sail-fins. Maybe have a big peacock eye pattern on it or some such to really freak out a big cat.

If anyone uses my idea, you need to give me credit. :D Might make an interesting Halloween costume too.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top