JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a small magnetic tank bag with a strap around the steering head so that it can't get away. It has a zippered pocket that opens to the rear and is just the right size for my 23. I position the gun in the bag so that I can grab it with my left hand. It also has backpack straps so when I stop I just take it off the bike and carry it like just any other small pack. No one knows or cares.

Both my Tourmaster and my BMW riding pants have a flapped thigh pocket that'll hold up to about a G26 sized auto in a pocket holster. I use a DeSantis Nemesis. The pocket would also hold a LCR or other small revolver. If you're at a stop light, you've good access to the pocket with your throttle hand (assuming right side carry) and you can also access it while underway. Works for me.

I've tried shoulder holsters and in the pants holsters while riding. Ultimately, I end up putting it in my Rapid Transit tankbag because if, for some reason, you go down there are too many ways you can be injured by landing on your gun. I can actually access my gun faster because I don't have to unzip a jacket or anything ( the bag has an overlapping zipper design). I know your concern with the corner junkies, there are plenty of them here in downtown Eugene. But my opinion is I can throttle through an intersection to a safe position or reach in my bag or (worse case scenario) pull the bag off with me and use my bike as cover.
001.JPG

001.JPG

As it has been said always a trade off. On my old bike I had a tank bag and generally carried in there. I have a Kawi Concours now with no real room for a tank bag. I normally have my 3AT in my front right pocket of the riding pants and my full size in the side box in my back pack.

I have carried strong side in a paddle holster quite often too. In my gear with (winter) gloves on it is not as accessible as I normally like but it is my best option. If I was in your situation it is probably how I would carry all the time, I dont because most of mine ride is on the road. As another poster said on a bike your real safety is throttle.......

I use the Galco leather spring-clam-shell type shoulder holster with a 2 mag offside carrier for weight balance. You are not going to be able to draw it while riding but when stopped a simple partial unzip of the jacket gains access. I carry a 1911 or 40 BHP in it

I use the Galco leather spring-clam-shell type shoulder holster with a 2 mag offside carrier for weight balance. You are not going to be able to draw it while riding but when stopped a simple partial unzip of the jacket gains access. I carry a 1911 or 40 BHP in it

Depends on what kind of jacket you are wearing. This time of year I have 3 zippers to go though. Outer protective layer, weather liner, heated liner. No way am I am getting into a shoulder holster any time quick. In the summer when I just have my protective lay on that might work well. But for me a strong side carry with light weight summer gloves keeps my carry natural and the same as I usually carry.

I had the same challenge. I opened the gun safe, put the XDm9 back in, picked up my J frame .38 and put it in my leather jacket pocket. It also fits nicely in my chaps pocket...then, out to the garage to see which Harley I feel like riding that day.

Depends on what kind of jacket you are wearing. This time of year I have 3 zippers to go though. Outer protective layer, weather liner, heated liner. No way am I am getting into a shoulder holster any time quick. In the summer when I just have my protective lay on that might work well. But for me a strong side carry with light weight summer gloves keeps my carry natural and the same as I usually carry.

I wear full leathers. If it's cold a warm wool sweater and military lambswool long johns are plenty of extra warmth

My winter jacket has 2-3 zippers depending on if it's cold enough for the thermal liner of my scorpion xdr commander jacket. If its pouring then I have a 2 piece icon rain suit over that. I'm really considering buying a smaller pistol like a Sig p238, and then having a seamstress permenently install a holster In the pocket. I want a smaller .380 anyway for summer that can be easily stashed for the 3 weeks of shorts/t shirt weather we get per year here in Oregon...

I've tried shoulder holsters and in the pants holsters while riding. Ultimately, I end up putting it in my Rapid Transit tankbag because if, for some reason, you go down there are too many ways you can be injured by landing on your gun. I can actually access my gun faster because I don't have to unzip a jacket or anything ( the bag has an overlapping zipper design). I know your concern with the corner junkies, there are plenty of them here in downtown Eugene. But my opinion is I can throttle through an intersection to a safe position or reach in my bag or (worse case scenario) pull the bag off with me and use my bike as cover.
View attachment 36311

Too many ways you can be injured landing on your gun? heck - bones and skin heal - I don't want to get road rash on my gun!

I usually do put my carry in my magnetic tank bag - especially when hitting the twisties which, at least in my world, necessitates full leathers. I do strongly suggest using the safety strap/leash for the tank bag as we spent about half an hour scouring the woods in the dark when a friend high sided and came off the bike. he walked away with minor injury and a bit of road rash to the bike but his tank bag went flying and his G26 was in the bag.

If I'm just commuting, both my leather and my old tour master washable armored jackets have the diagonal chest pocket that works fine for smaller autos but I still tend to use the tank bag unless I specifically don't want to carry around the bag.

Some of the Harley guys I worked with used to give me crap about wearing the jacket in the summer - it was usually about 90 by 9 or 10 in the morning and often over 105 on the commute home. My comment was it's better to sweat than to bleed. Just like carrying, you never know when you will need it and the time you don't have it is when Mr. Murphy steps in and hands out the bad luck card.

How about riding a bike that makes you look alot tougher then mabye they wont mess with ya........ Im just joking guys. I ride a panhead harley and slways just carry my glock 26 in a inside pocket or my kel tek 380 in a wallet holster in hot weather

Like others, I run a small magnetic tank bag with a strap tethering it to the bike (sportbike). I can easily unzip and grab my 4" 1911 in less that 2 seconds.
I also have a "concealed carry t-shirt" that I have tried under my leathers... but I don't like the "shoulder holster" type option for safely drawing, and it's not easily accessible under my jacket or one piece suit. I'm also not keen to the risk of having the firearm under my armpit sitting on my ribs in a "get off".
The tank bag solution has worked the best for me. It's easier to get to (with either hand), and I keep my wallet and everything else in the tank bag as well - which brings up another point...
If you get pulled over:
Officer: "License, registration and proof of insurance please"
Innocent me: "My license is in my tank bag with my .45 and CHL. How would you like me to proceed?"
Officer: "That's OK. Just leave it all right there. What's your name, address and date of birth?"
Innocent me: <friendly answers to all>
Officer: "Wait right here, and I'll be right back." Walks back to car, returns 20 seconds later.... "Thank you. Please slow it down, be safe and have a nice day."​

Yes, this exact scenario HAS happened more than once :s0155: Never even had to pull my license out. They don't want you reaching in and "fumbling around" where there is a legal CCW. They run your info to make sure you're "one of the good guys", then send you on your way.

:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads