Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mormons stash away for social safety net

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by elk311, Aug 22, 2012.

1. elk311

elk311 Kitsap New Member

2. mosinguy

mosinguy by the ocean Member

that is nothing new one of the biggest parts of the church is preparedness and helping other people why do you think so many use the canning pantries once they find out about them . their are a lot of good people that are lds.

3. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol Salem Active Member

I agree. People sometimes look at me cockeyed when I say that. There are some Mormon families out there I really admire. They've definitely got some things right. And, they are gun friendly, at least the members I've met.

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I've known a lot of Mormons that were not close to as prepared as I am, and I have work left to do. There are good Mormons and bad Mormons, same as any group. Generally I would say it's the rich Mormons you have to look askance at, and that wisdom comes from a Mormon I know

5. b2948kevin

b2948kevin Bellevue, Wa Member

Awesome video. Mormons are generally very self-sufficient and align well with topics and beliefs prevelent in the prepper community.

mosinguy and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

They believe a lot of silly ridiculous crap like most people, but they get an A+ for having the sense to prep. Plus they help each other out.

A kook sitting on a bag of rice is smarter than a kook sitting on a bag of rocks.

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Been going on since Joseph Smith was wandering around in Missura

mosinguy and (deleted member) like this.
  8. jimboshooter

jimboshooter West Portland, Oregon Active Member

That's odd. I don't remember hearing any silly ridiculous crap at church today. Maybe that's next Sunday. :)

On the othe hand, we did get a lesson on being self-reliant and prepared today.

9. b2948kevin

b2948kevin Bellevue, Wa Member

Me neither, though it was Stake Conference :). I really hope this sticks to topic. I would be surprised if less than the majority of the prepper community was Mormon.

Really though, preparation is a very big agenda item. If anyone wants to know more about the canning facilities or resources run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (AKA Mormons), check out Provident Living.

10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Burt is an OK guy for being an athiest. As a Christian I do not agree with a lot of modern Mormon doctrine but a lot of you folks are also OK with me, good folks indeed

It would help me agree with you if you brought back polygyny ;0)

11. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

the Moe's knows when it comes to food storage.

the Moe's really piss me off proxy baptizing holocaust jews. wtf on on silly ridiculous crap?

12. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Moe's bubblegum has a whole new meaning now.

13. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The really nice thing about the Mormans (besides selling high quality prep supply's at cost) is that they truly don't mention joining the church. Something that I politely thank them for whenever I do business with them.

14. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Why would you do that? IF they didn't bring it up...